Looking for info in Oldcastle.

Rollin

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody have experience with a company called Oldcastle? Just trying to get an idea of how other drivers like it there. Sounds like a large company, mostly working with building materials. The division that's been contacting me is the glass.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I know a little about them, very little though. Like you said, building materials but I think it's heavy and large building materials. Maybe pre-fab concrete bridge beams, culverts, prison cells and, as you said, glass. Glass like they cover sky scrapers with, big jobs and specialty work. I wouldn't be surprised if they were nationwide and even worldwide. And I wouldn't be surprised if their stuff didn't move from one corner of the country to another, it's that specialized. I would like to hear what you find on them. How's the pay there?

I know a little about them, very little though. Like you said, building materials but I think it's heavy and large building materials. Maybe pre-fab concrete bridge beams, culverts, prison cells and, as you said, glass. Glass like they cover sky scrapers with, big jobs and specialty work. I wouldn't be surprised if they were nationwide and even worldwide. And I wouldn't be surprised if their stuff didn't move from one corner of the country to another, it's that specialized. I would like to hear what you find on them. How's the pay there?

Yes you are correct. Mostly local runs, but do have overnights, different locations across the states. $22 starting, mileage on overnights runs, benefits pretty average, assisted lift on the inside of the van trailer for the product, power units are leased. I find it hard to believe but they claim year around work is steady for commercial glass. They are owned by a foreign company.

Most of what I found out is by talking with them and reading online so far.

sorry to say i have only seen thier ads here in my area on Craig's List.

sounds like heavy work, be sure to buy and wear a back brace!!

Yes you are correct. Mostly local runs, but do have overnights, different locations across the states. $22 starting, mileage on overnights runs, benefits pretty average, assisted lift on the inside of the van trailer for the product, power units are leased. I find it hard to believe but they claim year around work is steady for commercial glass. They are owned by a foreign company.

Most of what I found out is by talking with them and reading online so far.
When a large building goes up it gets worked on all year long for several years until it's completed. $22 is less than we should be making today but thanks to YRC and the teamsters union that is where we are at. I would hope that you would get a good bump in pay after a short probationary period. Being the large company that they are they might let you transfer to a different region and sector of work if you wanted.
sorry to say i have only seen thier ads here in my area on Craig's List.

sounds like heavy work, be sure to buy and wear a back brace!!
I don't think he'll need a back brace, their stuff is so heavy that one wouldn't try to lift it on their own.