FedEx Freight | looking for info.

2nomore

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone provide info about when bonus checks will be cut? The reason I ask, is because i will postpone deduction for 401 k at that period, so that they won't take $$ out for said 401. After tax & 401 take-away, I end up with enough $$ for ZIPPO.

Can anyone provide info about when bonus checks will be cut? The reason I ask, is because i will postpone deduction for 401 k at that period, so that they won't take $$ out for said 401. After tax & 401 take-away, I end up with enough $$ for ZIPPO.
I would recommend NOT opting out of 401k (even temporarily), for the sake of saving a few bucks on that check.. My main reasoning is, they do match it, so you would be throwing away free money and contributing nothing during that period.

Plus, I doubt we're talking about much money this time around. Regardless, your actual take will be greater with the forced match, and I seriously doubt it (the difference) would be a life altering amount.

To answer your 1st question, last year the checks came out on July 20. Also, it came as a separate check. Will that pattern hold this time around? Probably. Will there even be a bonus? We'll know that in 8 days... http://www.nasdaq.com/earnings/report/fdx

Ok, I'll be a negative Nancy for a moment...

Now that the threat of the Union is but a distant memory, write ups have increased, and I would be shocked if we receive anything noteworthy

I know this won't necessarily help your take home pay, but keeping your 401K deduction will lower your tax deductions.