R&L | Looking for some info.

mattyk121

TB Lurker
Credits
hi everyone,
I am interested in joining on with R&L, mainly because I want to get into LTL and they are hiring at my local terminal. I just have a few things I was wondering about. I want to do city work, can anyone tell me what a typical day is like? Start times? what is it like starting out with this co.? I have the required experience i'm just waiting for my hazmat to clear and then I plan on putting in my application. Thanks.

start times vary from terminal to terminal. It is a great company to work for. First year is rough due to pay but after your one year raise just ride the gravy train. P & D is all the same just peddle your stops and do your job you'll have no problems

I agree...but our starting salary is better than most, and after your 1st year you will be making better that most companies top pay.
At our terminal, the new guy generally will float, fill in for vacations, do grocery warehouses etc. usually a 9 hour day.
Like he just said make it past the 1st year and most people dont leave.
There are far worse companies out there.
Good luck

Matty,
You may want to see what they are hiring first. If you're looking into Lebanon, I think we need L/H more then anything. Don't quote me on that though. You may start as a road driver and bid into the city when something comes open. City starts anytime between 7am-10am. As a new hire you would probably be a 10am start and run mainly bulk stops. You can even go out empty and just make pick ups.
I started as a dock/linehaul combo, bid into the city for a couple of years, then got a good road bid.
I started here only 5 1/2 years ago, and we've probably doubled in size since (at my terminal).
If you are looking into Lebanon. The number is 888-714-1231. I saw the recruiter was at the terminal today. Give him a call and see whats up.
Good Luck!

hey, thanks for the help guys. I am looking at the scranton terminal Chickenwing but appreciate the info. i know they were looking for city/LH/ last I checked and even offering a sign on bonus. i'm just waiting inpatiently to get the go ahead on the hazmat in the mail.

Scranton runs pretty much the same as Lebanon. I run with alot of their guys at night. The guy you want to talk to up there is Ed. He's the TM. Good Luck.

It's a dog-eat-dog world here in the East. Either you can take the crap or you cant. It's not easy...being cheesy. I think that I am kinda numb to the crap anymore. Been here too long to worry about the things that you cant control. There is only so many hours in a day. So, either it gets done or tomorrow is another day.

TGIF