Looking for teammate

TruckergirlMN

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey. So I'm looking to run team with someone but do not have a partner yet. Was wondering if anyone is interested that lives in the Midwest Region. I have about 5 weeks experience with doubles, long boxes and wanted to run OTR with someone. Let me know!

If you got you feet wet with some doubles experience and not afraid of them, (like some are) want the money and somewhat of a life start knocking on the LTL freight companies doors for a line haul or road driver position. And since you are female remember that that looks good on the company a Equal Opportunity Report.

Just be cautious of the OTR companies that offer to team you up. Too many horrible stories with the "trainer" and plenty of them involve sex.

If you got you feet wet with some doubles experience and not afraid of them, (like some are) want the money and somewhat of a life start knocking on the LTL freight companies doors for a line haul or road driver position. And since you are female remember that that looks good on the company a Equal Opportunity Report.

Just be cautious of the OTR companies that offer to team you up. Too many horrible stories with the "trainer" and plenty of them involve sex.
Haven't heard about any sex stories... what companies?

Haven't heard about any sex stories... what companies?
You can try and do a search online for sexual harassment lawsuits of trucking companies. There are a few, now whether or not the suits were dismissed or the gals won, I cannot remember myself. But it can be a problem for any gal at any time. The gal wants to learn the job, but is so far away from the main terminal that she feels helpless and gives in as the trainer threatens her in some way with a loss of the job, and being blackballed.

But I have also heard stories of some gals looking for a boyfriend or husband, and start driving trucks to find them. so it does work BOTH ways. When I was in trucking school, many, many years ago, a young gal was in her car, pulling up her t-shirt, or pulling down her jeans, to expose herself. She got attention alright, and got kicked out of school. I am as sure as I can be, she "found" a few boyfriends at many lunch time breaks.

So in the end, here YOU ARE advertising for a co-driver (team driver), on a site predominately frequented by males. Have you done any searching for female truckers on any possible websites for females?

Kinda makes me wonder if you really want to drive, or seeking a love connection.

I held off responding to your thread for the longest time, but now I had to say something, as seemingly, everyone else has chickened out to do so.

So again, what are you REALLY LOOKING FOR?

Who you chicken. ...lol. I was trying to be nice to the young lady. ... she has a pretty nice avatar to look at. ...

You can try and do a search online for sexual harassment lawsuits of trucking companies. There are a few, now whether or not the suits were dismissed or the gals won, I cannot remember myself. But it can be a problem for any gal at any time. The gal wants to learn the job, but is so far away from the main terminal that she feels helpless and gives in as the trainer threatens her in some way with a loss of the job, and being blackballed.

But I have also heard stories of some gals looking for a boyfriend or husband, and start driving trucks to find them. so it does work BOTH ways. When I was in trucking school, many, many years ago, a young gal was in her car, pulling up her t-shirt, or pulling down her jeans, to expose herself. She got attention alright, and got kicked out of school. I am as sure as I can be, she "found" a few boyfriends at many lunch time breaks.

So in the end, here YOU ARE advertising for a co-driver (team driver), on a site predominately frequented by males. Have you done any searching for female truckers on any possible websites for females?

Kinda makes me wonder if you really want to drive, or seeking a love connection.

I held off responding to your thread for the longest time, but now I had to say something, as seemingly, everyone else has chickened out to do so.

Yes....I am really into truck drivers and want a relationship over the road and instead of going on match.com..i thought the trucking board was my best bet (sarcasm) Man...thought people on this site were going to be helpful...a little disappointed.

Yes....I am really into truck drivers and want a relationship over the road and instead of going on match.com..i thought the trucking board was my best bet (sarcasm) Man...thought people on this site were going to be helpful...a little disappointed.
As a female and apparently new to trucking and asking for a co-driver, with out being specific to gender, makes some wonder your intentions. There are "pixies" that hang out at some (not all) truck stops, who's sole purpose is to hook up with a driver for companionship. Now here you are, "looking" for a co-driver on a message board, which is fine in of itself, but you could have also searched websites specifically for female truckers. Now too, do you think that if you get hooked up with a male co-driver, you'll be safe from any type of "come-ons" from him?

I had posted ( i believe) some law suits involving sexual harassment, and some on going (or maybe settled) lawsuits.

I don't care if you are in need of a real bonafide co-driver, or a bunk mate, that's all on you. You just need to also realize that you will be under some sort of "fire" from some, who only see you as a "quickie" along the way. And if you don't "put out", your life can be in grave danger. You are entering an industry where someone can easily do you harm, and dump your body in the vast landscapes across this country. MY God, read the newspapers and online reports on truckers killing along the highways.

Good luck to you.

Are you saying the info I gave you was disappointing?

Well I'm sorry it wasn't helpful. ...

I'm a little disappointed it took you this long to reply.

As a female and apparently new to trucking and asking for a co-driver, with out being specific to gender, makes some wonder your intentions. There are "pixies" that hang out at some (not all) truck stops, who's sole purpose is to hook up with a driver for companionship. Now here you are, "looking" for a co-driver on a message board, which is fine in of itself, but you could have also searched websites specifically for female truckers. Now too, do you think that if you get hooked up with a male co-driver, you'll be safe from any type of "come-ons" from him?

I had posted ( i believe) some law suits involving sexual harassment, and some on going (or maybe settled) lawsuits.

I don't care if you are in need of a real bonafide co-driver, or a bunk mate, that's all on you. You just need to also realize that you will be under some sort of "fire" from some, who only see you as a "quickie" along the way. And if you don't "put out", your life can be in grave danger. You are entering an industry where someone can easily do you harm, and dump your body in the vast landscapes across this country. MY God, read the newspapers and online reports on truckers killing along the highways.

Good luck to you.

I do appreciate your input. However, do you realize how hard it has been for me to locate a female driver who is interested in teams? I have been told by several companies that for me to even get put with a TRAINER that is a female, I could be sitting around for several months. I have quite a few family members/ friends in the truck driving industry so I am NOT new to what goes on and what is to be expected. A couple news articles are not going to scare me away from pursuing a life on the road. I am not looking to hook up and am happily engaged so companionship is not necessary. I just want to drive and make money. Isn't that the sole purpose of everyone on this damn site? I apologize if I came off as being a "pixie" but I am far from it.

Are you saying the info I gave you was disappointing?

Well I'm sorry it wasn't helpful. ...

I'm a little disappointed it took you this long to reply.

It took me this long to reply because no one was being helpful. Instead you are commenting on my avatar and are suggesting I am on this site to solicit myself. Get real.

Best of luck TG.Hope you find what you're looking for in the trucking industry.I see more and more women out on the road and at trucking terminals,most are husband/wife combo,s.Watch out for some of them nasty drivers,that act like they haven't seen a woman in years.

You need to read.....

Third post.....

If you didn't like my suggestion. ... oh well

As for your avatar. ... well it's a young woman. ...and I'm a man who's a truck driver. ... nuff said

It took me this long to reply because no one was being helpful. Instead you are commenting on my avatar and are suggesting I am on this site to solicit myself. Get real.

I wasn't nasty or disrespectful. ... I just commented on her avatar....

Was trying to be nice and helpful. ....

Best of luck TG.Hope you find what you're looking for in the trucking industry.I see more and more women out on the road and at trucking terminals,most are husband/wife combo,s.Watch out for some of them nasty drivers,that act like they haven't seen a woman in years.

Thank you :) I will ;)