ABF | looking for work in milwaukee area

SSinner

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello everone. I was wondering if ABF was hiring in Milwaukee or Racine. I have recently moved to this area from Chicago. I am currently working for a big Carrier, but they wont transfer me, so I will be looking for a job real soon.I have 15 years of experience both linehaul and city.A driver out ABF in Desplaines Il. told me I should check out ABF.Any comments on pay scale and work conditions would be appreciated

i was in millwaukee on thursday and yes they are hiring city drivers according to the big green flag on the fence, They have a rock concert ther every nite, take your ear plugs Ha Ha.:Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

Hey ''Fishermen'' I also want to welcome you too along with my pal HBF.

Smokestack :USA:

Thanks, i have been at ABF for 2.5 yrs at o34, great place to work when you stay away from chicago. Big changes on the horizon with meet and greets and the PSE. Have a great week!!!:punk:

Fishermen said:
Thanks, i have been at ABF for 2.5 yrs at o34, great place to work when you stay away from chicago. Big changes on the horizon with meet and greets and the PSE. Have a great week!!!:punk:

I think we all feel that way when we get away from our own terminal. Great company, bad terminal. I feel the same about 051.:ranting:

yo sinner!! keep us updated on your job hunt. I'm trying to get into one of the union freight companies in the Milwaukee area too, although I'm only 22 yrs old...

Hi,brtecson.I havent really been looking that much. I work in Chicago right now for a non-union outfit that pays 23.65 an hour. The slow season is coming up so I dont think its a good time to jumo ship right now. Right now I drive 75 miles one way to work, but I gross 1100 per week. Im stuck between a rock and a hard place. I will give you a peice of advice. Hook up with a Teamsters outfit if youre that young . youll be much better off in the long run. I dont think anybody will hire you because your soo young but you never know. good luck.