R&L | Looking to defect from Yellow

How do R+L drivers get paid? I was told that it was by the run and not by mileage. Also, do you get paid wait time if your load isn't ready?

Solos do get paid by the run. From what I understand teams get paid by the mile. You'd have to check, but I think they get drop & hook pay too. That's another thing that us solos don't get. Nobody gets paid for waiting though. Unless you're p&d and on the clock. I've always been told that are teams are treated like kings.

I think if you can get hired by R&L, you should go for it. R&L is an excellent company to work for. R&L is owned by a very generous family!!!We have a guy that came over from Yellow about 5 years ago, and is very happy he did!!I would not leave R&L voluntarily to work for any other LTL!!!:smilie_132: If it means anything to you, the Roberts family who owns R&L are Christians !!! I personaly :1036316054:like this fact!!

I used to drive for a company where the boss was always talking about being a christian. There must be a real fine line between sunday and monday because he would talk to his employees like they were dirt. Some of the most famous christians were also some of the biggest hypocrits. I guess people who preach about god the most are the ones who need god the most.

I used to drive for a company where the boss was always talking about being a christian. There must be a real fine line between sunday and monday because he would talk to his employees like they were dirt. Some of the most famous christians were also some of the biggest hypocrits. I guess people who preach about god the most are the ones who need god the most.

The Roberts never talk about being Christians!!! It i!!!s just something I know about them, and made the statement!!!They have never talked about this!!! Their actions speak volumes about them, and have for years!!!They are an awesome family to work for, I have never known any of them to talk to anyone like dirt!! Check out the R&L boards out, and check out the boards of some of the other company's, you will see that for the most part, their employee's are pretty happy and content, and there is not much complaiining!!! Check out Averitt, Estes, Con-Way, UPS Freight, Roadway, Yellow and see how happy their drivers seam to be compared to R&L's drivers!!! There is no comparison!!!! The Roberts are great people to work for, and the most generous people that I know of!!!:nutkick:

The Roberts never talk about being Christians!!! It i!!!s just something I know about them, and made the statement!!!They have never talked about this!!! Their actions speak volumes about them, and have for years!!!They are an awesome family to work for, I have never known any of them to talk to anyone like dirt!! Check out the R&L boards out, and check out the boards of some of the other company's, you will see that for the most part, their employee's are pretty happy and content, and there is not much complaiining!!! Check out Averitt, Estes, Con-Way, UPS Freight, Roadway, Yellow and see how happy their drivers seam to be compared to R&L's drivers!!! There is no comparison!!!! The Roberts are great people to work for, and the most generous people that I know of!!!:nutkick:

Easy there Braceface, don't take it so personal. Anyone that has gone to Sunday school or attended church knows that there will be false prophets. However I don't want to get off topic and make this a religous debate.

You are right, there aren't many complaints on this forum about working at R+L. That could be that not too many R+L drivers know about Truckingboards, don't want to get accused of whining, or just aren't computer literate. Then again, R+L just could be a great place to work and most drivers are spending their quality time doing things that they like because they're happy. I sincerely hope that it is the latter, and not because I'm thinking of working there. I'm just not the type of person who wishes gloom on others because I'm not happy.

Easy on the cool-aid, did you win the 300 bucks again???? Just wish they would spread the love to the drivers that have put their time in... Instead of giving the money to dockworkers that will be gone next month why not give it to the guys that have stuck it out for awhile.. We have drivers that haven't won a thing with almost ten years in.. Now do you understand why some guys could care less about the boys in Ohio....... Truck safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be with my family on Thursday not the Roberts!!!!:1036316054:

Easy on the cool-aid, did you win the 300 bucks again???? Just wish they would spread the love to the drivers that have put their time in... Instead of giving the money to dockworkers that will be gone next month why not give it to the guys that have stuck it out for awhile.. We have drivers that haven't won a thing with almost ten years in.. Now do you understand why some guys could care less about the boys in Ohio....... Truck safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be with my family on Thursday not the Roberts!!!!:1036316054:
Have not had any KOOOOOLAIIIIDDDD!!HAH HA HA HA HA You are so darn funny DUCK!!
No didn't win the 300 bucks, hope to though!!!Hope to win the 1000 bucks in the Christmas wish deal!!! I think the Wilmington boys do win most of the this money!!!I will be with my family on Thanksgiving also and FYI, I do not work out of Wilmington!!!:biglaugh::smilie_132::hysterical::funky:

:nutkick:The $300 drawing is all done by computor in a lotery system. I have won it twice since I have been here. I also know drivers that haven't won in 9 yrs. If you win and quit or get fired before the checks are printed you do not get the money. We had that happen in our barn two years ago.:1036316054:

I havent won the $300 dollars lately...but remember, there are alot more employees this year. It's gonna be tougher to win any money.

I probably cant/wont win because I won big last year....
100_0432.jpg

:funky::funky::funky:

All i can say is GO FO IT! I retired from Roadway & Get $3750.00 a month Pension, WTF are You Gunna GET THERE! GO FOR ITTTTTTTTTT! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

All i can say is GO FO IT! I retired from Roadway & Get $3750.00 a month Pension, WTF are You Gunna GET THERE! GO FOR ITTTTTTTTTT! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Thats is actually a nice chunk of change. The way someone can look at it is although someone wont be getting an 866 dollar a week pension check, they will get job satisfaction. I was told some good advice, find what you really like and have a passion to do and you will never work another day again. Now maybe Head Rush finds Yellow to be work, maybe he will find his passion at another company. I couldn't be at a job where some employee's hate their job with a passion and only stick it out for the great pension. Some things really have more worth than just an monetary value to some people. I personally could not imagine going to work daily, cursing my job and my presence their just for 123 dollars a day after 25 or 30 years. It shows in some people in their daily duties how they feel about their job.

Head Rush, do what is best for you and your family. No one can tell you what you need and what works for them may not necessarily work for you. I wish you luck if you do end up jumping ship. Don't let the brainwashing make you feel like there isn't life after Yellow. Trust me there is and if you find the right place for you, you may never feel like you are working again. Be happy! PM if you want to talk to someone who has done something similar as you and is happy.