Estes | Looking to transfer to Tampa

Jonny

TB Lurker
Credits
I’ve been with Estes 5 years coming up this September all linehaul and 3 years of it running on the extra board. Currently in Reno and looking to possibly transfer to Tampa, Florida in the next year or two. Does anyone have any info on that terminal and the types of bid runs they have running out of there? How consistent is the freight? Just any general info would be great.
Thanks

I’ve been with Estes 5 years coming up this September all linehaul and 3 years of it running on the extra board. Currently in Reno and looking to possibly transfer to Tampa, Florida in the next year or two. Does anyone have any info on that terminal and the types of bid runs they have running out of there? How consistent is the freight? Just any general info would be great.
Thanks
I know they have a few halfway meets in Georgia. Think a Miami turn. Not sure about the others but Florida is not a big outbound state for dry van. I'd imagine seniority is like apples of gold down that way.

I don’t think they have much of any extraboard. They have a Miami turn, 5 or 6 Atlanta meats, a Mobile meat, a Charlotte meat, a couple of team runs, Tampa to Greensboro and back and Tampa - Atlanta - Nashville then back to Tampa, some sort of Athens run but can’t remember if it was a lay down or a meat. I run extraboard and don’t get there all that often but most times I come out empty.

I don’t think they have much of any extraboard. They have a Miami turn, 5 or 6 Atlanta meats, a Mobile meat, a Charlotte meat, a couple of team runs, Tampa to Greensboro and back and Tampa - Atlanta - Nashville then back to Tampa, some sort of Athens run but can’t remember if it was a lay down or a meat. I run extraboard and don’t get there all that often but most times I come out empty.
You must not like the cycle of going home and returning 5 times each

You must not like the cycle of going home and returning 5 times each
You’re right I don’t. I enjoy life like a rock star, another night but a different city. Love the adventure. It sucks at times but it’s never boring. I have tried a few bids out and I get bored out of my mind doing them. Anything good you can hold out of the 28 this bid cycle ?

You’re right I don’t. I enjoy life like a rock star, another night but a different city. Love the adventure. It sucks at times but it’s never boring. I have tried a few bids out and I get bored out of my mind doing them. Anything good you can hold out of the 28 this bid cycle ?
I kinda figured there wasn’t much for an extra board in Florida... what does seniority look like for the bid runs. If I have 5 years do you think I would be able to get anything?

I kinda figured there wasn’t much for an extra board in Florida... what does seniority look like for the bid runs. If I have 5 years do you think I would be able to get anything?
I’d call the TM and tell him you’re thinking about transferring there and ask what his seniority list looks like

I am not sure I just happened to see the bids posted on the wall the other day when I was there.