Holland | Loop Holes

usfboy

TB Lurker
Credits
They found a LOOP HOLE to get around 25% rule, if everyone not laid off is working past the 25% and say the % is 44% and the guys that are laid off are on the list to work and they work then they count that as a percentage to bring the overall percentage of 25% back down under. If anyone has herad otherwise let me know so I know for sure, but that is what my sourse has told me.:Bondage:

They found a LOOP HOLE to get around 25% rule, if everyone not laid off is working past the 25% and say the % is 44% and the guys that are laid off are on the list to work and they work then they count that as a percentage to bring the overall percentage of 25% back down under. If anyone has herad otherwise let me know so I know for sure, but that is what my sourse has told me.:Bondage:

So what you're saying is that the last crew working each need to milk an extra hour?
Make your own loop hole?:funky:

From what we were told. The formula is a slow process of bringing the guys back. If the OT% drops below the 25% they can lay the guys back off and make them start all over again bringing them back. I am not sure on how it works. but, I am sure it is another part of this crappy contract.

Another thing. How can they go a change the contract that we voted on. Now they are saying road guys cannot bid on the UE position if I am hearing this right.
That is a new position everyone shoud be able to bid. At first I did have a problem with it. I was seeing the city side losing jobs due to the fact that the UE would be able to fuel, hook and load their freight. but, Like some of you all said the road guys will be losing runs. I do still have a problem with guys being able to cross over in front of me with less time then me. That still pisses me off.
What makes be more pissed than the contract passing is the fact the Hall was pushing it and they dont even know the answers to any of our questions.

I just wish Hoffa would get on here and tell us how much UPS and YRC paid him to get these contrcts passed.

The outbound at LO left 15 trailers of regional freight sitting on the lot last night that wasn't even broke after being picked-up from the customers. They won't work enough people to get the work done no matter what. The TM wants to work more people and the YRC team won't let him? We have the work but YRC won't let us do it. We have all of that freight just sitting in trailers that our customers think is on its way to be delivered. If we're doing it here you know all of the other terminals are too. We're missing pick-ups and deliveries every day for what reason? Nobody can explain it to us, why they aren't letting us do our jobs. Its for some reason, some say they're trying to close us down or they're trying to starve the people on the bottom of the seniority board in to quitting and finding a new job so that they can use 14.00 casuals or they want a smaller more lean Holland so that they can stop hauling some of the less profitable customers, hoping that they get tired of their freight getting there late and then the customer will break the contracts with YRC Holland. Boys, I'm stumped as to what they are doing? Maybe they're going to just hold back at the beginning of the 2nd quarter instead of at the end of the quarter like they have been doing? All I can tell you is its not looking good to me with several people laid off and plenty of work for them to do but YRC Holland won't allow them to work. I've heard that what the Union says would be the number of allowed hours per person to be worked and what the company says is two different amounts. It was in black and white what the rule was, period. If YRC don't have to bring people back when they go over 25% then its time to get a class action lawsuit going against the IBT and the companies for fraud. We voted on a contract that seems to have been changed after we voted. If it hasn't and everything works out thats cool but if it doesn't it time for us to fight the ones that stuck it to us. The COLA, the Utility job and now the 25% rule seem to all have been misrepresented to all of us before we voted. I may be wrong, I'm just putting this out there for anybody to think about. Like I said I have no clue whats going on right now, it makes no sense to me as to what their doing. Everybody try to hang in there and fight the good fight as long as you can. Remember we're the good guys!

thats alot of city freight not being worked or moved in one night of work. will they call guys in to work those loads once your city guys are out following morning, or will it wait for outbound following night?do you have regular outbound bids for dock work?how many bids for outbound a night do you have?yrc pushes thoses stupid computer generated numbers up our a%# too.drives npme management crazey , when before yrc, o/r was only #'s that really mattered.but everything gets worked city wise and not to much outbound stays in the yard till next day. maybe appt. freight, but than first loads moved line-haul next day.

Yep they let about 11 pedal runs sit, Tuesday I think it was.
Word was "up north" or is it "out west" now, wouldn't let them work any more to cover the freight. I do know that the sales force was seen in my area for the first time in a long time, which is encouraging.

We are having the same service problems up here. The strange thing is that the mgt. seems to care less. We have already been in contact with the BA about the 25% rule. We are way over the 25% O/T allowed. The contract says that the percentage has to be adjusted the NEXT week by bringing back more employees. We still have to wait until at least Saturday A.M. to get the final O/T numbers. Here is the language out of the contract......On a weekly basis, the Employer shall be permitted to work the active seniority board 25% of the straight time hours in overtime. In the event the Employer exceeds the 25% overtime allowance, the number of overtime hours in excess of the allowance will be applied in the next following week for determining the number of employees to recall from lay-off. Our B.A. is ready to pounce as soon as we get them. With a TM like we have, it could take weeks to get them though. We have 12 out of 34 city guys on lay off. They will not even try to call them in to make service. We rip into them for the failures, and all they answer with is "YRC won't let us call them back. I'm with you BENNY, I don't get it either. Something has to change, but I'm not sure what it is going to be.:hide:

From what we were told. The formula is a slow process of bringing the guys back. If the OT% drops below the 25% they can lay the guys back off and make them start all over again bringing them back. I am not sure on how it works. but, I am sure it is another part of this crappy contract.

Another thing. How can they go a change the contract that we voted on. Now they are saying road guys cannot bid on the UE position if I am hearing this right.
That is a new position everyone shoud be able to bid. At first I did have a problem with it. I was seeing the city side losing jobs due to the fact that the UE would be able to fuel, hook and load their freight. but, Like some of you all said the road guys will be losing runs. I do still have a problem with guys being able to cross over in front of me with less time then me. That still pisses me off.
What makes be more pissed than the contract passing is the fact the Hall was pushing it and they dont even know the answers to any of our questions.

I just wish Hoffa would get on here and tell us how much UPS and YRC paid him to get these contrcts passed.
You are NOT hearing this right. Road drivers WILL be able to bid on the UE positions. If they have more seniority than the city drivers, they WILL get the UE postion. It will be bid in seniority order from both boards.:1036316054:

You are NOT hearing this right. Road drivers WILL be able to bid on the UE positions. If they have more seniority than the city drivers, they WILL get the UE postion. It will be bid in seniority order from both boards.:1036316054:

Flash, what I think OB is talking about is something that was said by our BA the other day. I heard it second hand but what I was told was that out west at the UPSF (Overnite) two man meeting for their contract it was told to this BA that things had changed concerning the Utility jobs. It was said the only way a road man could bid was if there was a COO and only then. You're right about what the contract says but if its true that things have changed it won't surprise me after everything else thats going on. Like I said, I just don't get it, at all. Sooner or later someone will tell us everything, I hope.

The outbound at LO left 15 trailers of regional freight sitting on the lot last night that wasn't even broke after being picked-up from the customers. They won't work enough people to get the work done no matter what. The TM wants to work more people and the YRC team won't let him? We have the work but YRC won't let us do it. We have all of that freight just sitting in trailers that our customers think is on its way to be delivered. If we're doing it here you know all of the other terminals are too. We're missing pick-ups and deliveries every day for what reason? Nobody can explain it to us, why they aren't letting us do our jobs. Its for some reason, some say they're trying to close us down or they're trying to starve the people on the bottom of the seniority board in to quitting and finding a new job so that they can use 14.00 casuals or they want a smaller more lean Holland so that they can stop hauling some of the less profitable customers, hoping that they get tired of their freight getting there late and then the customer will break the contracts with YRC Holland. Boys, I'm stumped as to what they are doing? Maybe they're going to just hold back at the beginning of the 2nd quarter instead of at the end of the quarter like they have been doing? All I can tell you is its not looking good to me with several people laid off and plenty of work for them to do but YRC Holland won't allow them to work. I've heard that what the Union says would be the number of allowed hours per person to be worked and what the company says is two different amounts. It was in black and white what the rule was, period. If YRC don't have to bring people back when they go over 25% then its time to get a class action lawsuit going against the IBT and the companies for fraud. We voted on a contract that seems to have been changed after we voted. If it hasn't and everything works out thats cool but if it doesn't it time for us to fight the ones that stuck it to us. The COLA, the Utility job and now the 25% rule seem to all have been misrepresented to all of us before we voted. I may be wrong, I'm just putting this out there for anybody to think about. Like I said I have no clue whats going on right now, it makes no sense to me as to what their doing. Everybody try to hang in there and fight the good fight as long as you can. Remember we're the good guys!

SAME GOING ON IN MEMPHIS WORD FOR WORD:TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

Wed afternoon ever driver was ordered in by dispatch. We left frt everywhere and today was hell in the rain trying to p/u yesterdays frt along with todays. After my 14 hrs was up(8:00 pm) the dispatch still had 9 or 10 swaps to make. This OT cut we had probably is a way to avoid the 25% rule. Sorry customers, were out of manpower, was the call out to the customers. Sickening is all I can say. GRIZZ

Cost control

Cost control is what they are doing. This is an old Yellow ploy to make their numbers look better than they are. The company is attempting to get to a number for the quarterly earning coming up

Wed afternoon ever driver was ordered in by dispatch. We left frt everywhere and today was hell in the rain trying to p/u yesterdays frt along with todays. After my 14 hrs was up(8:00 pm) the dispatch still had 9 or 10 swaps to make. This OT cut we had probably is a way to avoid the 25% rule. Sorry customers, were out of manpower, was the call out to the customers. Sickening is all I can say. GRIZZ
LTL Careers

strange world usfc:hide:

That is odd that our TMs have such a different strategy on this 25% rule. Ours is clearly trying to run UP the o/t. He wants more guys brought back. This makes their job much easier if they have a driver sitting around every corner sleeping. This is good for us, but it doesn't seem to fit the YRC plan. They want our service to fail and our overtime to rise. So far they have done an excellent job with both. We will see next week if we get some of our men back or not.
Several times recently, I have jumped the mgt. about them not even making an effort to make service. Their answer every time is "YRC won't let us call them back.":chairshot:

Flash, what I think OB is talking about is something that was said by our BA the other day. I heard it second hand but what I was told was that out west at the UPSF (Overnite) two man meeting for their contract it was told to this BA that things had changed concerning the Utility jobs. It was said the only way a road man could bid was if there was a COO and only then. You're right about what the contract says but if its true that things have changed it won't surprise me after everything else thats going on. Like I said, I just don't get it, at all. Sooner or later someone will tell us everything, I hope.

everybody call in sick ... yellow roadway holland we have sick days ya
:puke: quit being wussies

The way I understand the 25% rule to work is like this, say your terminal has 100 employees and 15 laid off Active board 85

Now let me show you a diagram

M T W TH FR
91 90 88 94 89 # of workers
straight time hrs
91+90+88+94+89=452x8=3616x25%=904

M T W TH FR OT Hours

198 206 212 248 240

198+206-212+248+240=1104

1104-904=200 200/50=4 4 men
50 hours would be 40 st 10 ot 40 plus 25%

In this senario 4 men would go back to work next week
I hope this might clear up some issues as I was told this is how it is calculated

Our TM told us Friday, that the 25% rule will not take effect for another week. Last week was not a FULL week under the new contract. (Monday was the 31st) So they do not have to implement any call backs from lay-off until NEXT weekend. F.Y.I.

They will count those hours from 3-31 to 4-5 and they will take effect on 4-13 from what I have been told. They will count them the week of the 7th to take effect the following week of the 13th.

They will count those hours from 3-31 to 4-5 and they will take effect on 4-13 from what I have been told. They will count them the week of the 7th to take effect the following week of the 13th.
My info. came straight from the horses :eck13: He said to disreguard the week ending 4/5/08. This was not a complete week under the new contract and they did not have to use the 25% rule yet. The 25% will be calculated at the end of week ending 4/12/08 and the call-backs will begin on 4/14/08. Looks like at least one more week of this Peeeee poor service.:chairshot: