Holland | Loop Holes

Ok, I have rebounded from your tongue lashing that you gave us..... We all should be concerned about the fact that it does appear that they are willing to sacrifice service, just to cut the hours. I always used to say that they cannot hold us under 10 hours. But, I don't say it anymore because they CAN do it now. Because they don't care about the service end. We are in contact with our BA and being very aggressive on getting our O/T hours from mgt. So far, our TM has tried to buffalo us by not giving us accurate info. We are requesting PAYROLL documents to use for our own calculations. Because we do not believe his numbers that he gave us. Another thing that you should watch for is that the 10%ers are calculated on a daily basis, not a weekly basis like a 90%er would be. In other words, if your 10%ers didn't work a few days that week, the missed days do not go into the mgrs. DRIVER calculation for the day. The manager can only count the man power he had for each day. If guys were off for the day, they are not counted in the formula. If you guys let them count people in the formula that were not even at work, it will help keep his O/T number down and YOU will never get back to work. This is the way we are approaching this. I will keep you informed about how we make out. I should know soon. :1036316054:P.S..... No more tongue lashings though.:biglaugh:

Only bad thing is, if were not on the list to work I herd if were not available then they can call casules instead of calling us back. If this is true, lose lose if you ask me.:hide:

usfboy you should have signed a slip of paper when you got your letter of lay-off that you would work if work became available. if not contact your tm an tell him if there is any work you would be available to work. of course this is by seniority. they can't work a caual till all men are back. unless they can get ahold of them . that's a different story

WRONG!!!! First, They have not CHANGED the contract, YET. The UE is not even implimented anywhere that I am aware of. Second, the CITY and LINEHAUL will bid on the UE positions in seniority order. Top seniority prevails from EITHER board. If a linehaul has the seniority to get a UE position, they are then perminently a CITY man with no retreat rights, back to linehaul. At your next re-bid opportunity, that same linehaul guy who went to the CITY UE position, can now use his seniority that got him the UE position to take an actual city bid start time. (or another UE if he has the seniority to keep it) Yes, this ex-linehaul CAN end up in the middle of the city board. He would bid a city slot, in his seniorty order just like every other city guy. This Linehaul guy can go to UE in one bid. Then the next bid, he can go into an actual city peddle position where his seniority puts him. Please, stop listening to the BOYS at the terminal, or the other fools on the CB. Check your sources! Now, your telling me, maybe I need to check my sources! I DID. That is why I am so confident in my information being accurate. If your barn does not allow linehaul to bid on these UE positions, the linehaul is getting the shaft. I am a CITY driver. I am not just advocating this so I can have it the way I want it to be. I went the extra mile to get this info. I have nothing to gain by this rule. Actually, I have a lot to lose. I can get trumped by linehaul. I hear our guys rattling about these rumors here at our terminal also. But, NONE of them have gone the extra mile to get the facts. It is just their interpretation! Yet, they make it sound like the gospel. Don't take this as an attack on you OB. It was just the right spot on the thread. I hope this helps everyone. Just F.Y.I.:1036316054: Also, the change of operations is one of two ways for a linehaul to EVER go back to linehaul, after they jump to the CITY/UE board.

NF, My computer has been down for three days now. I have been waiting to reply to this.
Dont you take this as a an attack. First off. This information did not come from the BOYS at the terminal. Nor did come from the CB.
It came from our BA to our steward to us.

I know what the bidding procedure WAS or IS for a UE position.

Now. Unless that extra mile you took was driving directly to Hoffa or Tyson Johnson. I dont know what makes you think you are anymore RIGHT Than I am WRONG!!!!
Thats not saying you are right or wrong.
That is saying you got your information from your local. I got mine from my local.

Benny has already backed up what I posted. He was told the very same thing.

Just so there is no confusion between you and I again on Truckingboards. I do not and I will not post anything on here that I do not think has some credibility.
Although I do not need you to tell me this. I do check my sources. Good day:1036316054:

usfboy you should have signed a slip of paper when you got your letter of lay-off that you would work if work became available. if not contact your tm an tell him if there is any work you would be available to work. of course this is by seniority. they can't work a caual till all men are back. unless they can get ahold of them . that's a different story

Yeah but if we work then that just brings that % back down and then they dont have a reason to call us back. At least thats what they're saying.

this thread is called loop holes an has not a ****ing thing to do with u e ' s

OVERBOARD-BOILERPEDDLE-JIMJOE-GRUMPY AN MY OL BUDDY NORTHERNFLASH WHAT THE **** IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU DUMB ASSES POSTING THE U E ::shit:: IN THIS POST CAN'T YOU ****ING READ OR WHAT!!! THIS POST IS LOOP HOLES AN SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE 25% overtime rule about us getting back to work jesus christ make a thread if you want to talk about u e ::shit:: but it DOESN'T ****ING BELONG HERE COPY!!!!

NF, My computer has been down for three days now. I have been waiting to reply to this.
Dont you take this as a an attack. First off. This information did not come from the BOYS at the terminal. Nor did come from the CB.
It came from our BA to our steward to us.

I know what the bidding procedure WAS or IS for a UE position.

Now. Unless that extra mile you took was driving directly to Hoffa or Tyson Johnson. I dont know what makes you think you are anymore RIGHT Than I am WRONG!!!!
Thats not saying you are right or wrong.
That is saying you got your information from your local. I got mine from my local.

Benny has already backed up what I posted. He was told the very same thing.

Just so there is no confusion between you and I again on Truckingboards. I do not and I will not post anything on here that I do not think has some credibility.
Although I do not need you to tell me this. I do check my sources. Good day:1036316054:
I don't take anything said to me on here as personal. I just try to inform others as to the way we are going fight for things up here. We are so tired of getting jerked around up here that it has become a constant battle. We have to "split hairs" on every issue that comes up. If we don't, our TM will run over top of us. Nope, Jim H. and/or TJ are not on my speed dial. However, I wish that all of our BAs across the country were on the same page. But, as I posted.... This is the way we read the contract. And we WILL fight to enforce it. We simply go by the contract language. By the way, We have had retarded stewards that could not even repeat what the BA had said in the past. I hope yours is at least competent.

You are right. They have changed the rules to this lovely contract.
Only city can bid UE unless there is a coo. and there is going to be a major coo.
OB. How can this be interpreted any way other than both road and city get to bid on the U/E position? This is out out the contract..... CDL qualified ROAD or LOCAL CARTAGE employees may bid for Utility Employee positions in accordance with the established terminal bidding procedures. I just don't see how your BA, Steward, or yourself can interpret this any other way. Am I missing something? I have the contract in my hands. Help me out here.:hide:

Flash Im with you,but I've heard that they'er trying to change the language and make it only city, this is what i've heard though. You know "Just More Rumors":funky:

OB. How can this be interpreted any way other than both road and city get to bid on the U/E position? This is out out the contract..... CDL qualified ROAD or LOCAL CARTAGE employees may bid for Utility Employee positions in accordance with the established terminal bidding procedures. I just don't see how your BA, Steward, or yourself can interpret this any other way. Am I missing something? I have the contract in my hands. Help me out here.:hide:

NF, As I thought I posted, and Benny heard the same thing. We were told they held some sort of meeting...The road would not be able to bid unless there is a coo...
I do not agree with this. I also do not agree with the other way...
I do not know if it is in stone.
This has got to be one big joke...

Most you guys sound pretty intelligent on here, including yourself there NF.... So if this is true...Forget what you are holding in your hand...I know what that says. Hope this helps.

I don't take anything said to me on here as personal. I just try to inform others as to the way we are going fight for things up here. We are so tired of getting jerked around up here that it has become a constant battle. We have to "split hairs" on every issue that comes up. If we don't, our TM will run over top of us. Nope, Jim H. and/or TJ are not on my speed dial. However, I wish that all of our BAs across the country were on the same page. But, as I posted.... This is the way we read the contract. And we WILL fight to enforce it. We simply go by the contract language. By the way, We have had retarded stewards that could not even repeat what the BA had said in the past. I hope yours is at least competent.

I would put our stewards up against anyones.
That is probably the only decent thing we do have there.

This is kind of funny in a way. I know the answer to this question, but I will put it here anyway. We Just signed a CONTRACT. Isn't it pathetic that we are hearing about the proposed changes already? I'm setting here with a HUGE smile on my face. You guys are probably right. It is a smile of disbelief. I just can't believe that we are discussing changes to the contract that we just inked. Sometimes I wonder if we wouldn't be better off WITHOUT a contract. At least then, you expect to get your hiney poked. We have a contract, and at times it seems worthless. At least the non-union guys expect to get crapped on. I just expect to be protected by work rules. Alright, thats enough of my jibberish.

remember Preston?

:toxic: In the 80,s Yellow bought Preston and did all of the same things, and tried long peddle runs, shared terminals and they closed Preston, after a change of opts, What makes you all think this is any different. Wintz freightways purchased O.K. Trucking, back in mid 86 and the union did nothing to stop long peddles and crazy road runs, just what do you expect a union to do? The union is as great as the men. never since old man Hoffa did we have a leader. Will it ever be the same. Holland you have had it too soft to long, now you will find out what hapens to the pre ma donnas. donform or look for work.:smilie_132::smilie_132::smilie_132:

:toxic: In the 80,s Yellow bought Preston and did all of the same things, and tried long peddle runs, shared terminals and they closed Preston, after a change of opts, What makes you all think this is any different. Wintz freightways purchased O.K. Trucking, back in mid 86 and the union did nothing to stop long peddles and crazy road runs, just what do you expect a union to do? The union is as great as the men. never since old man Hoffa did we have a leader. Will it ever be the same. Holland you have had it too soft to long, now you will find out what hapens to the pre ma donnas. donform or look for work.

YEA we better donform????:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I only did this because of the name calling and because I've had it so soft you know being a pre ma donna and all.

I just expect to be protected by work rules. Alright, thats enough of my jibberish.

Thats not jibberish (or even gibberish:D )
it's plain and simple what we should expect from a CONTRACT!!!!
Work rules are pretty much all we have left over non union companies.
We either are not being represented or we are being protected from something worse and not being told about it.
I hate it either way, we need to know whats going on.

This is my take on this. Hoffa got his pockets filled for letting UPS out of Central States...He got another bucket full of money getting the UPS and YRC contracts approved and passed.

Say what you want. YRC is pretty smart. They got the contract passed hands down...They can even turn us against one another.

This is my take on this. Hoffa got his pockets filled for letting UPS out of Central States...He got another bucket full of money getting the UPS and YRC contracts approved and passed.

Say what you want. YRC is pretty smart. They got the contract passed hands down...They can even turn us against one another.
You got that right OB. The funny thing is that the union pushed this great contract very hard. We were told how great it was, often. If it is so great, why are they wanting or agreeing to change it already? If you all remember, after our last great contract was passed, our pensions got reduced five months later. (at least in the Central States) So don't be surprised to see more of this great contract changed soon.:chairshot:

25% rule

If they are able to change this 25% rule, this contract will be the largest bait and switch contract that I can remember. They received a lot of YES votes over this one article. Guys that were on lay-off, near lay-off, and even getting nervous about their position, voted YES, thinking that this was an article that could either protect them, get them back to work, or even get them into a safer position on the board. If this article gets changed now, this would be a slap in the face for everyone that voted yes for this reason. I would not blame anyone for voting yes to try to protect their position. This was a huge article in this contract. If they are allowed to change this article and not be forced to bring you guys back, SHAME ON ALL OF THEM THAT ARE INVOLVED!:toxic: