Estes | losing $1 million a day

roadmann

TB Lurker
Credits
we had a metting this morning 2/7 with rj distric manger at estes.he told us estes has been losing one million dollars a day since nov.2006.told us junior sat down with home depot last year and home depot wanted estes to lower the prices.junior told them no so they lost the account.new rule if you work more than 10 1/2 hours a day you have to fill out paperwork saying you took another 30 minute lunch or not.if you do not fill out this paperwork another 30 minutes comes out of your check wheter you took the second lunch or not.claimed the company is in good financial health.got mixed signals at the metting!

we had a metting this morning 2/7 with rj distric manger at estes.he told us estes has been losing one million dollars a day since nov.2006.told us junior sat down with home depot last year and home depot wanted estes to lower the prices.junior told them no so they lost the account.new rule if you work more than 10 1/2 hours a day you have to fill out paperwork saying you took another 30 minute lunch or not.if you do not fill out this paperwork another 30 minutes comes out of your check wheter you took the second lunch or not.claimed the company is in good financial health.got mixed signals at the metting!
As with many other things this guy and other companies try to do, check your state laws. I know my state will not allow him to take the money for a second lunch. The federal law does not address it and since it does not undermine federal law, the state can and will put his butt straight if your state has the laws.

You'd think after all the crap in the past and with the merger that he'd have his attorneys look at EACH state before making such blanket statements. But then again, as in the past his attorneys have advised him wrong and he paid for it.

time correction sheet i have been off the clock or taken a meal break that was different than the required minimun 30 minute break after 5 consecutive hours of work as follows:______ i did not take a minimum 30 minute meal break ________ i shose to waive the second meal break of this day and verify that i have taken an ealier meal breal _______ my meal break was diffrent than the minimum 30 minutes in the time keeping system as follows _______ time out _____ time in we have to fill out this paper every time we work more than 10.5 hours in one day:chairshot:

better to make money hauling freight then it costing you money, Thats what home depot does.. Look at Fed Ex Freight, CWX, they all quit hauling home depot because it was costing them money to haul it. I'd rather have a shipment on a truck that makes money then one that loses money. You said revenue is down 1 million a week, bet we are saving 2 million in claims and costs not hauling it!

well my statement still stands, just change it from week to day :P
By the way I just cruised the rest of the carriers forums, its great; I read Saia was buying R&L, DHL buying so and so, and so and so buying so and so. I know this must all be true..its from linehaul drivers..hehe

By the way I just cruised the rest of the carriers forums, its great; I read Saia was buying R&L, DHL buying so and so, and so and so buying so and so. I know this must all be true..its from linehaul drivers..hehe

What's with the truck driver, pig farmer analogy? You got a problem with pig farmers or truck drivers? And what makes you think line drivers are the only ones with inside information? You really don't have to be able to split atoms to figure out what's going on right in front of your eyes!

Well, we hear truth first from linehaul and p&d's, so that's where that lays. If we waited to hear from you management types to get truth, it'd be like listening to an attorney for truth. Oops, are your lips moving?

Home Depot has been a pain in the *** since day one. They transfer broken crap to another store and then file a claim on it when it gets there. IMHO Estes should get away from an obligation to such a large customer that can hold you over a barrel because they account for a HUGE percentage of your business. Just a thought.

I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents on this one. These mega companies follow the Walmart agenda. "We have x amount of freight. We can ship with you or this other freight hauler. What kind of price can you give us"??? The bad thing about that is with one move they can cause some companies fall to pieces. I have noticed that RDWY hasn't been hauling near as much HD as we did the last couple of years. DS.

Home Depot has their own D.C. all around the country now that's why they don't use common carriers like they use to.I think as of right now their using cardnial logistics for their warehouse moves.It's all drop and swaps so they could unload at their convience.

if estes is losing 1 million dollars a day i would think more drivers would be talking about it. we never have meetings about these things. most only bein certain terminals.

npme was hd's carrier of year in north east couple years running. we did things for them i never saw npme do or put up with for anybody. we pulled out of there dist. and sent to direct stores in metroe area, and had guys picking up emptys and droping loads all night long, just to cater to hd. but when contract came up and we needed more money to keep up with excellant service, there mind set was less money for us. that was year we said goodbye to 10 million plus contract a year at that time, laided off fair amout of poeple that were doing pretty much hd nightly work, at certain terminals. persoanally, i wont shop there anymore, after working 10-12 hours linehaul in metroe, and stopping at hd to p/u something first thing in the morning, now they want me to check myself out. i said only if you give me a discount for doing your work. needless to say, no discount, and i won't shop there anymore. not that i will break the company, but with all that has kissed there butt and given good service and in the end gotten screwed by them, it should be a all out ltl bouycot of hd. they have cost jobs in some cases and lost income to all of our companys, in one way or another.

time correction sheet i have been off the clock or taken a meal break that was different than the required minimun 30 minute break after 5 consecutive hours of work as follows:______ i did not take a minimum 30 minute meal break ________ i shose to waive the second meal break of this day and verify that i have taken an ealier meal breal _______ my meal break was diffrent than the minimum 30 minutes in the time keeping system as follows _______ time out _____ time in we have to fill out this paper every time we work more than 10.5 hours in one day:chairshot:
I wonder how much money the company would save if they did away with all the USELESS paperwork that they pay the drivers to fill out everyday???????????

I wonder how much money the company would save if they did away with all the USELESS paperwork that they pay the drivers to fill out everyday???????????
I repeat, check your state laws. This is crap if they try to take a half hour from you if you don't take a SECOND lunch. They don't want to pay overtime and now they want you to give them more time knowing you can't, in most instances take that other half hour and you end up working through it. What a friggen mess this company is. How much crap is everyone going to take b4 this jerk of an owner either starts trying to keep employees or sell out so we can at least hope for a values minded person. Time for the christian owner to re-read the good book. Mirror must crack everytime he looks in it. Unfortunately, can't replace mirrors, their all broken from being loaded Estes.

try to recoup it and keep a clear d/r so we don't have to pay the claim, k? and Helmet if you hate the company so damn much, quit ya cry baby!

I repeat, check your state laws. This is crap if they try to take a half hour from you if you don't take a SECOND lunch. They don't want to pay overtime and now they want you to give them more time knowing you can't, in most instances take that other half hour and you end up working through it. What a friggen mess this company is. How much crap is everyone going to take b4 this jerk of an owner either starts trying to keep employees or sell out so we can at least hope for a values minded person. Time for the christian owner to re-read the good book. Mirror must crack everytime he looks in it. Unfortunately, can't replace mirrors, their all broken from being loaded Estes.

MT that was priceless! Even ELVIS can't top that one! Elvis not only has left the building, he has been silenced...