Estes | losing $1 million a day

hey ww11 vet, my father was a ww11 vet as well. And I must say. He would be ashamed of your response to mt. As I recall from my fathers stories from that era, quitting was not an option! As my father was invading the Japanese islands with his marine comrades, he didn't stop, look around, and say I don't like what I see here. I QUIT!!!!!!! If you feel like a quitter, then why don't you quit? I feel he makes some solid points. If that makes him a cry baby, I guess I'd rather be in a fox hole with a cry baby then you.

hey ww11 vet, my father was a ww11 vet as well. And I must say. He would be ashamed of your response to mt. As I recall from my fathers stories from that era, quitting was not an option! As my father was invading the Japanese islands with his marine comrades, he didn't stop, look around, and say I don't like what I see here. I QUIT!!!!!!! If you feel like a quitter, then why don't you quit? I feel he makes some solid points. If that makes him a cry baby, I guess I'd rather be in a fox hole with a cry baby then you.
Thx Elvis, I was just lettin' him ramble. His pig farmer saying just reinforces we know he's a pig farmer Richmond desk type (Another way of saying "management"). Anyway, let's stay in the foxhole with the ones that care!

estes isnt losing 1 million a day, its thier drivers that are losing 1 million a day. waiting for 1-2 hours on paper work while not gettinig paid a dime.

laying out waiting for loads 15-20 hours

trust me this company doesnt lose much money, it shifts all the cost it can to the employee

estes isnt losing 1 million a day, its thier drivers that are losing 1 million a day. waiting for 1-2 hours on paper work while not gettinig paid a dime.

laying out waiting for loads 15-20 hours

trust me this company doesnt lose much money, it shifts all the cost it can to the employee
You said that right!

I bet your dad never *****ed about his job once, and he wasn't making over a grand a week. He use to drive a truck with NO POWER steering, ran for weeks at a time, never complained, just came to work, gave 100% and went home at the end of his run knowing he did his best. That's whats wrong with society today, everyones too damn spoiled, and quit coming in here like 14 year old high school girls saying rumor after rumor..it makes me and alot of old timers sick to here that crap. Bottomline if you hate working for a company...find another one because no one likes a crybaby except another crybaby! And with that said the owner of these forums can delete my account cause I'm sick of all the crying and whinning that goes on in here. I was hoping this was a place to chat with fellow employees, not a *****fest!!!

We were told that we have to take our lunch between our 5th and 6th hour. We start at ten and this puts us between 3and4. Can tou say missed pick-ups?

You guys just don't see the picture. Things got bad they got worse when the freight dropped now things are really in the toliet well whats it going to take before Rob says enough is enough and he sells it all to the highest bidder. It is in the future and any smart person would tell him so. The big guys are gunning for Estes and they are making it tough on him. So get it while you can and watch what happens in the spring.

when we showed up to work thursday r.j. had steam shooting out of his ears.he wanted to know who was the "reporter" who wrote what he said in the meeting wednesday.:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: he also said he will not buy pallet jacks for us because we do not have the room to store them.how are we going to do our jobs with no jacks.r.j. said no jacks for houston.what an a_ _ hole

To me, this guy sounds like prime RDWY material. If he doesn't make it at Estes......he's got a job for life at our place!! LOL :chairshot: DS.

home depot yes it is a big account but the freight they get seems to always get damaged,then we have to store it on are trailers and take it to them when they want it,then taking half the day to unload it seems to me they want a storage company to haul there freight.companies cant make but so much off home depot add up the time it takes to load it on a van the time it sits on the yard and the time it takes to get it unloaded seems to me they aint making as much as they think.

Home Depot is a tough delivery. They don't have anywhere to store freight. Everything comes in direct because there are no distribution centers. As big as they are how can they not have them? I think Lowe's is kicking their a@#!

I know that Lowes holds their inventories at all of their stores.
They buy big lots,and get them shipped to their stores,than if one area is selling one item more than another are they have it delivered to them on a store transfer.

This system seems to work well for them so far.

I myself feel the Lowes stores have cleaner looking set ups,wider isles,and neater looking stocked selves than the Home Dumpster stores.
Maybe this is just my opinion?

funny how when estes was undercutting redstar for this freight it was the greatest now all your eggs in one basket have broken it is sour grapes

1 Million!!!!!!!

:hide: !!!!! If ESTES is loosing a million dollar's a day or even a million dollar's a week, if it's been for some time i'm sure they'ed be filing for bankrupcy soon,now i don't work for ESTES but i do run I-75 5 night's a week and i have noticed that there is not as many ESTES running down the road as there was say a couple year's ago.If they are coming close too finacial stress we won't be hearing about it here because ESTES IS FAMILY OWNED they don't have to say anything publicly. :shock: :duh:

HD does suck, as does their frt. after you back in and enter the loading area, do they make you wait in a caged area like an animal ? that's how it is in NYC :furious:

HD does suck, as does their frt. after you back in and enter the loading area, do they make you wait in a caged area like an animal ? that's how it is in NYC :furious:

the three stores i deliver freight to in western north carolina you have to lower your landing gear and chock both wheels and make sure you take your key out of your tractor in case someone wants to see your key.:woot:

I've read where 75% of Lowe's volume is run through their own distribution centers. Most of the inventory is actually held outside of the stores. Daily deliveries from the Distribution Centers replenish what is bought the prior day. That contributes to why Lowe's aisles are so clean and the experience is so appealing. They don't have to hold as much freight in their stores as Home Depot does. Store to store transfers are not entirely necessary due to their centralized distribution operation.

the three stores i deliver freight to in western north carolina you have to lower your landing gear and chock both wheels and make sure you take your key out of your tractor in case someone wants to see your key.:woot:

I once had a 30 pound carton to deliver to a HD store. I told the receiver what I had and she told me to back in and drop my trailer. I then expalined that all I had was one 30 pound carton and she got all bent out of shape saying that none of her staff would step foot on the truck to help me and if I wanted to unload it myself I wouldn't have to drop the trailer.

I told her I thought I would be able to handle the one carton by myself.

Some of these people and policies are just ridiculous :ranting: :ranting: