Holland | Losing Drivers

big ben

TB Lurker
Credits
We have lost two good drivers in RA in the last month to ABF. Maybe if enough go they will get the picture but I doubt it.The rat bastards at yrc could care less.

One of the Dayton drivers said that the had lost several to ABF recently, one of my buddies in Milwaukee went over to ABF to talk to them a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard if he got a job or not. Sounds like after a year they will have your pension paid up? Too bad they lost that weeks vacation over at ABF, eight years is a long time to get a second week, I suppose if your pension was paid up a guy could just try and get an extra week off without pay.

One of the Dayton drivers said that the had lost several to ABF recently, one of my buddies in Milwaukee went over to ABF to talk to them a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard if he got a job or not. Sounds like after a year they will have your pension paid up? Too bad they lost that weeks vacation over at ABF, eight years is a long time to get a second week, I suppose if your pension was paid up a guy could just try and get an extra week off without pay.

Dont know of anyone in Milwaukee who went to ABF as of yet. One year of punches, actually I believe it to be 180 punches, and your pension is back up to where it should be. I've talked to several drivers who plan to spend their last year at ABF

Why should Driver's stay ??? really think about it , what is their to stay for , pay -NOT, pension-NOT, more vacation time -NOT, nice trucks -NOT , nice clean uniforms-NOT , nice clean & Happy work place-NOT , ok only reason as the yes voters said " I'am to OLD to start over " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CO we have lost 3 to UPS. We have more looking to make a move, in fact I have accepted employment at another company and will be gone in a few weeks.! I should have applied and left this ship when I was told to get on board or go somewhere else.! I am going somewhere else and honestly looking forward to leaving. It's going to feel strange walking into this hell hole today knowing that it's about over for me. I will miss the guys that I have worked with for so many years, but I will not miss the Holland that we have become, a YRC nightmare.!!! I am wishing the very best to each of you...!!!

We have lost two more drivers since I first posted this thread one more to abf and one to cli.Being replaced with a nice group of guys that always where their hats sideways. They should represent this garbage outfit well. Between all the new drivers and the old ones who don't give a damn anymore we have more damaged freight than I have ever seen.

It's UPS 4 ( I forgot one ) and Holland 0. I've been off for 4 days that could have changed again.! ABF will have to try a little harder it's also ABF 0.

Why should Driver's stay ??? really think about it , what is their to stay for , pay -NOT, pension-NOT, more vacation time -NOT, nice trucks -NOT , nice clean uniforms-NOT , nice clean & Happy work place-NOT , ok only reason as the yes voters said " I'am to OLD to start over " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats your excuse? ??????!!!!!??????? (((())))))!!!!!///

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Whats your excuse? ??????!!!!!??????? (((())))))!!!!!///

well yrc-atm , my EXCUSE is that i am going ride this P.O.S. into the ground , and get my pay back one click at a time , they screwed me and so now I am just returning the favor !!! paid by the minute !!! so I will vote No again in 2016 when they come back for more , hell I will ride this all the way back down to $8.00 a hour !!!!

Don't worry about hiring quality drivers,I saw a poster size ad outside the men's room on the ohio turnpike.I really wish I was making this up,it's sad they go from a job you almost had to know somebody to get to this

We have lost two more drivers since I first posted this thread one more to abf and one to cli.Being replaced with a nice group of guys that always where their hats sideways. They should represent this garbage outfit well. Between all the new drivers and the old ones who don't give a damn anymore we have more damaged freight than I have ever seen.

4 from YRC??? Leaving$$$ next week. !!! Going to holland, Joliet ?$!?$!

From the frying pan into the fire, well at least they won't have to get used to driving junk!! They will feel right at home!! All jokes aside I wish them the best......

It sort of makes you wonder how they come up with these ideas....they are all sitting around a big table in KC wearing their fancy suites and the topic of how to get new drivers come up and after a few minutes one of the guys....probably fresh out of college says "when I was on a trip out east there was a lot of truck drivers on that Ohio Turnpike.....and then another pops up "they must all use the men's room".....and the rest is history. Then after the meeting the big bosses probably sit down and discuss how big the bonuses should be for those bright new fella's! All kidding aside, I slept at GR yesterday and the cute little blonde, did I mention how cute she was, behind the counter said they have had students two weeks in a row. She said usually they are every other week, but this was two weeks back to back. They must be finding someone somewhere?
Don't worry about hiring quality drivers,I saw a poster size ad outside the men's room on the ohio turnpike.I really wish I was making this up,it's sad they go from a job you almost had to know somebody to get to this

well yrc-atm , my EXCUSE is that i am going ride this P.O.S. into the ground , and get my pay back one click at a time , they screwed me and so now I am just returning the favor !!! paid by the minute !!! so I will vote No again in 2016 when they come back for more , hell I will ride this all the way back down to $8.00 a hour !!!!

Good for you $$$$$!!! I voted no as well!!!!#!! but I unlike you I would never be proud to be a leaker###### keep up the goo... er work

Well why are you staying?

And I am too old to start over. 4 weeks vac, 5 sick days, free family insurance and 25 years in and can have any shift I want. Not

It is sad but just about every freight company is hurting for drivers like we are.

You know instead of wasting all that money and effort to bring a few CHOSEN or should I say hand picked employees to a special round table meeting to figure out why they can't keep or hire new drivers all they would have had to do was read Trucking Boards!! Seriously, I think they could have saved them selves a lot of money by just reading how everyone feels, all different reasons and comments!! Some guys make some really good points, I just think 10 minutes on Trucking Board could have been way more productive!!!!