Holland | Losing Drivers

Do you ever add anything of substance or do you just whine about the people's posts who you disagree with?
By the way.....the lovely Mrs. Flash (of 25 years) is up stairs right now. Just another subject that you know absolutely nothing about.

Again with the last word, still trying to pick a fight . . . Tk You. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury the defendant has made my case for me. The Prosecution again rests! :)

Stop whining. I have nothing but time. Keep yapping though.....it's kind of comical. It would be more entertaining if you said something that adds to a conversation. Wipe your tears and that snotty nose and try to chat like an adult.

Wow, can't we just enjoy opening day of college football! ROLL TIDE.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

:draw:

Same at our barn too!!! All you can do is just sit and shake your head!!!

I got a call from a friend at my old barn telling me what was going on there right now.! They are now running off the top guys...when one of them is in the top 5 on line haul board, you have problems. Same thing on the city board, I got the complete run down...these guys were fixtures since they were there so long. The go to guys if you needed help or an answer about something.! They are in real trouble when the older guys say the hell with this and go some where else...!!! He told me that he just applied and is waiting on a call back. But he told me that he had second thoughts due to what this line haul driver told him. I told him that he was full of it, I heard the same story. How he did the phone interview, one in person where we was given a new tractor and a 5/2 program ( a bid ), then when he showed up for work the next day they gave him an old truck and a 6/3 program. He cussed them out and then went down the hallway and told the HR lady off.!!! This is the same guy who had time off earlier this year for an accident, came in bitching that he got his second speeding ticket in a month because his dash lights didn't work.....! The only thing he got with his record was a no thanks letter...!! I reminded him that day when we were talking in the drivers room and he came in all pissed off because he couldn't get over 400 miles the night before...told the terminal mgr he needed to lay off so he could get his...! It's punk a** b*****s like that it makes it harder on the guys trying to make it work. I know guys who have everything riding on this job and the outcome with YRC. The bottom line you have to what's best for you and the family.

I just heard this week we were losing a couple of the top senior guys from the city board, I don't know any details about who why where or what. I am pretty sure we have lost zero road drivers this year, I am 25th in seniority on the road board and I think I was 25th at the beginning of the year. I imagine some terminals are alot different than others.

Ive known and worked with Flash for years. The one thing I can say for certain is he always speaks the TRUTH whether you like it or not. Thats what make him unique. I can also vouch for his lovley wife of many years. This company would be far better off with more people like him!!!

Ive known and worked with Flash for years. The one thing I can say for certain is he always speaks the TRUTH whether you like it or not. Thats what make him unique. I can also vouch for his lovley wife of many years. This company would be far better off with more people like him!!!
Amen to that Ronaldjake. Been trying to get him on down here in Memphis. I could make it happen, but he seems to decline my offer. To bad he doesn't know what he's missin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I ran into another holland driver at a different DC this week. He was asking how was it at my old terminal, same as before...nothing has changed and they don't care. He said he gets calls from the "guys" asking about working here. I told him that I get those calls too, but right now I know of 5 that are in the hiring process here and one who has his road test next week. It seems to be so different being on the outside looking in, I had to agree with him totally. He said that one guy at his old barn backed out at the last minute. He changed his mind or listened to the rumor mill. You can't take fault with a guy doing what he feels is best for his family. It's not easy to pick up and change things, it took me over four months to get the mind set that it was time for me to make a change.

I was sitting at the table with a first week road driver just out of school last night in Nashville, so they still must be hiring guys. A couple years ago they were laying guys off by October.

Well I guess this thread answers the question "why are they still hiring". In the city only we've lost 5 off the city seniority list in the last month. 3 quit and 2 were fired. Had a man leave us for AAA Copper today. That's about as bad as it gets. Hello White House you better find some more money before Vitran starts pulling their drivers away from us.

Well I guess this thread answers the question "why are they still hiring". In the city only we've lost 5 off the city seniority list in the last month. 3 quit and 2 were fired. Had a man leave us for AAA Copper today. That's about as bad as it gets. Hello White House you better find some more money before Vitran starts pulling their drivers away from us.
I was beginning to wonder if AAA was still in business..lol..I guess they are

Just a little note. Several drivers sat all week without getting out this week at all.
It was a strange week but, the 2nd week of the month tends to slow down anyway.
I pulled heavier loads this week than usual, I guess they were packin em high and tight.
There were a few on our board that only worked 4 days

This past week was terrible. I only worked 3 days. I hope this is just a hiccup and not an indicator for what may lie ahead. Time will tell.