Holland | Losing money

owlpuss

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard friday night Hollands or is over 100 first time ever i hope this is wrong could yellow be playing with numbers remember conway didnt buy fuel for first 5 years thanks cf

When Yellow bought us (Roadway) they made us pay for the loan. It was something like 5 million a year so that effected our numbers. They could be playing with the numbers or it could have something to do with the merging of Bestway and Reddaway and Holland expanding. This year was the first time the Corp office showed us making more and having a better operating ratio than Yellow.

I heard friday night Hollands or is over 100 first time ever i hope this is wrong could yellow be playing with numbers remember conway didnt buy fuel for first 5 years thanks cf

I have not heard this. Seen the 4th Qtr results not great but then the rest of the trucking industry did not have a good 4th Qtr either ie: ABF, Saia to name a few.

I think it would be very hard to go from low 90's to over a 100 in three months period. I was just curious as to where you heard this from, I see your list your location as the N.E.

Reading the 4th quater results,they don't break it down by companys(except for Roadway & Yellow). It is listed as YRC regional.
I don't know where you would get Hollands O.R. at. Must be that C.B. news channel. They have ALL THE FACTS!!

when redstar opened up southeast in 96 they went from mid 90s to 105 110 and it wasnt till they closed them till they started turning around well we all know how that ended maybe this was just our terminal the tm was talking about but he said company wide

Someone is feeding you a line of crap, you keep mentioning RedStar, this sounds like what some of the RedStar people would try to spread around. Until it comes out in the earnings report it is nothing but CRAP to talk about. Good try though.

I have not heard this. Seen the 4th Qtr results not great but then the rest of the trucking industry did not have a good 4th Qtr either ie: ABF, Saia to name a few.

I think it would be very hard to go from low 90's to over a 100 in three months period. I was just curious as to where you heard this from, I see your list your location as the N.E.
We heard the same thing sorta, they told us Friday that we were losing 4000.00 a week at our terminal, LOL. They said it had been going on for two years now, yeah right. I don't know if its something about the contract next year or something else, but I do know that if we or any other terminal had been losing that much money for that long, they wouldn't wait till now to tell us. After seeing that someone else had heard something similar to "us" loosing money I thought that I would mention what we were told too. Sounds like head games to me? I don't believe anything that they tell us any more because they can make the numbers say what ever they want them to. At our terminal they won't tell us how many inbound or outbound bills or weight we have until the next day, since about a week or two ago. They said they don't know what it is in regular time because of the phone/scanner system. Funny that we have had these things for several month and now all of a sudden "they don't know any more". Remember the old saying "Don't believe anything you can't see and only half of what you can".

actually

Actually in the winter or early part of 1990 we had a very cold winter and Holland had a lot of tractors freeze up on the road due to bad fuel and no water seperators(those of you that were working here then will remember) We actually operated in the red or over a dollar for a short time. Thats when Holland bought the (1100 series) L model fords that had those fuel separators that had that valve on them that you were supposed to open and let the water run out until you saw fuel. If we still had those the EPA would ruin us for all the fuel on the ground at terminals
from letting them run on the ground.

Hey Benny Hill :chairshot: sure you don't have former redstar management running your term and telling you about your term losing money :hide: Seems to me ol Collard Green has it all figured out Just put the blame on Redstar they must be behind it:hysterical: ...CRAZY

I wouldn't read too much into this. Years ago Yellow used to tell us that Roadway was doing better than we were and Roadway guys would tell us that Roadway told them that Yellow was doing better than them. It's just another feeble attempt to rally the troops.......pretty childish actually.

We were told by our head moron to start spreading rumors about USF. Remember, **** em off in the morning and they'll work extra hard the rest of the day.

Hey Benny Hill :chairshot: sure you don't have former redstar management running your term and telling you about your term losing money :hide: Seems to me ol Collard Green has it all figured out Just put the blame on Redstar they must be behind it:hysterical: ...CRAZY
Let's see, NEW TM is from PJax, NEW OM is from CCX and NEW OB DOCK SUPERVISORS are from Old Dominion and some construction company (he has NO freight experience}. Hey, maybe we are losing money? They don't know why but I think maybe I do. :nutkick:

Well isn't that a bird. Olwpuss (Yellow), starting rumors.Bucksnort(Roadway) spreading rumors, supposedly teamster brothers. Disgusting. Holland o/r 94 It was 92 before the 4th quarter. Maybe it would help if some of you guys did some reading instead of depending on that cb. go Indy Grizz

Grizz, When our TM told us that garbage we just laughed. We all know what our TM does all day now. He sits around and IM's other TM's trading jokes and posting phony performance #'s. He's just pizzed because he didn't get a performance bonus because of YRC's earnings report.

Fact not hear say- the USF regional group O/r at 94 for the twelve month period. That's with Bestway operating at 110. Grizz