FedEx Freight | Losing Your Job

When someone buys someone there is always a plan. I don't think that the plan can be put into operation as soon as some think. It will take time and the plan may change with the Industry trends.People think that sense Watkins was the target of a buyout that their business was failing, it wasn't that a fact.The business got to be to much for a family owned business,so to continue with the growth of the past it was sold to someone that the family believes will continue that path. Changes will be made,but the big changes some people seesay will happen will be in the future and not in the present. That the way I see it.

You guys sound

hammerhead said:
wouldnt it be easier for fedex to asorb the employees of a small terminal,rather than a break bulk.
alot like we did when we were bought out. There is a big fat bank roll that owns you now and they are not about to let you go belly up. There are not one of you guys who are goona get gobbled up buy us (Fedex Freight) If anything you are gonna get bigger, through Yellow,roadway and ABF. This will take time. Fedex will have to go into there WAR room and look at all the positive senarios that can be played out by your company against the competitor. It's been what 5 or 6 yrs now we ahve been bought out and there still implementing new ideas. It's scary now but it will all work out for the best. AND HEY WILL YOU PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT WHEN YOU ARE WAIVED AT THATS ALL I ASK? I waive at you guys all the time and what nothing in return.

What?

THEBADCOOLOMULLET said:
How about this....How many service centers does WML own vs how many do they lease? That will probably be the big factor. If you have an FedEx center property that is being leased vs. a WML center property that is OWNED....Chances are they will move to the OWNED property to save money. When AF and Viking had overlap that's what they did at a few centers.
Where do you think we are goona put this extra freight? OH, um on a magical dock that will just happen to apear to pop up in our yard just because FEDEX snapped there fingures. Dude we dodn't have enough space for our own freight or equipment, personal, parking for our cars.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

ls57racer said:
My concern is not job loss , it is will they combine the driver work force, if so how will it be done? Will Watkins drivers be put at the bottom of the board or will they blend senority. Personaaly i stand to loose big bucks either way, seeing i'm on a high mileage single run that i wouldn't be able to hold IF WE ARE SOLD unless we are left as is.
Hey we can' t handle your business on our docks, we can't even handle our own. there isn't gonna be know senority merge, you are gonna stay the way you are and so are we.

I am at a loss here, its been 3 months. The game plan has been put into effect but the players don't seem to understand the main plan. 2 seperate companies, that seperate not combined. They will do what they do best. Fed Nat long haul,Fed Frt short and reginal, what is the problem????? No combining of teams except in putting a hurting on the competition. I wish that someone in the know could explain it those that don't understand this. It seems some people are not getting the word in the correct text.

Momoney said:
AND HEY WILL YOU PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT WHEN YOU ARE WAIVED AT THATS ALL I ASK? I waive at you guys all the time and what nothing in return.

Sure. Of course, it will take a while to get used to watching for the new names, etc. I usually flash my lights at all Watkins, just like I did for years at Werner.

Momoney said:
AND HEY WILL YOU PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT WHEN YOU ARE WAIVED AT THATS ALL I ASK? I waive at you guys all the time and what nothing in return.

Now that funny right there, I dont care who you are!!!

I have been here (WML) for a long time and they wont wave at me either.... :lol:

I am a city driver WML and have been waving at line haul passing through our area for years and never get waved back at untill the last week they they must be happy about the move to fedex. I wonder if they will wave this week?

Maybe they dont have a free hand. One on the wheel the other on the phone. But I think that will change soon.:roll1:

Ok I got my neg dig in for the day. I feel better now.:hysterical:

ls57racer said:
My concern is not job loss , it is will they combine the driver work force, if so how will it be done? Will Watkins drivers be put at the bottom of the board or will they blend senority. Personaaly i stand to loose big bucks either way, seeing i'm on a high mileage single run that i wouldn't be able to hold IF WE ARE SOLD unless we are left as is.

I See Your Concern, However FedEx Freight Is a Fast Cycle LTL Carrier And WML Is a Slow Cycle LTL Carrier. The Whole Purpose Of Us Purchasing Watkins Motor Lines Is to Offer Our Customer Base Slower and More Cost-effective LTL Service Nationwide.
It Is My Bet That All Will Stay the Same at Watkins Motor Lines and the Company's Will Operate As Totally Separate Company's.
And As Far As the Seniority Goes, You'll See No Blending of Seniority's As It Just Don't Make Sense Since the Two Companies Are so Much Different Than Each Other.
One Other Thing, Please Don't Waste Your Time Or Your Brain Cells Thinking That You Are Going to Loose Your Job Or Your Seniority or Any of Your Benefits, Keep in Mind That FedEx Is As Good to Us As Watkins Is Good to You.
I Hope I Have Helped with Some of the Anxiety and Questions You Guys Have, I Have Been with FedEx For 20 Years, and I Started with Arkansas Freightways Then American Freightways And Now FedEx Freight, and It Ain't Done Nothing but Got A Lot Better over the Years, Best Regards and Good Luck to All.:punk:

The problem with that theory is that that FedEx Freight trailers are already showing up at Watkins terminals and being one-wayed.

mrblanche said:
The problem with that theory is that that FedEx Freight trailers are already showing up at Watkins terminals and being one-wayed.

The freight trailers are NEW boxes and are for fedex freight west. They are Walbash trailers that are picked up at the Indy yard, loaded with (WML- NATIONAL) freight. Then being loaded to go out west to fedex. All we are doing is getting a free move . Just like Yellow used to when they would move new WML trailers.