Estes | lost another customer to cost per bill

galileoz

TB Lurker
Credits
i heard last week that we lost another big account because the tm's cost per bill was up and left two 53's loaded at a dock because of the cost per bill was up.. when back to pick them up the next day and the 53's was empty and was told that we just lost there business. anyone know anymore about this?

sorry .. i dont know where it was. i know the company was shipping with us for the last 35 years and they made hard wood flooring......thats whats going around my term.

How can any company be much cheaper then Estes?
Estes isn't a union company,and they don't pay out a lot of overtime.

They don't have nearly the amount of overhead to pay out in their operation,as a lot of other LTL companies.

Now I've been a driver in the LTL industry for a lot longer then most.
The one thing I know very little about is pricing,freight rates.
But the one thing I have learned is if your company is having to put a lot of work into servicing a customer,the freight is hard to handle,and they have to pay a lot of claims,or its something they feel in anyway they don't want to deal with anymore for whatever reason.
Then the company will jack up the rates,and price it out of sight,so they know the customer will go with another company instead of paying sky high prices with the one they've been using forever.

Just my opinon looking at this from what I've learned in over 40 years of doing a city route,curently working for UPS Freight.