Reddaway | Lots of Line Driver Jobs coming open

walgreensdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
I noticed on Craigslist lots of ads for Line Drivers For Reddaway This weekend. Medford, Redding, Sacramento, Stockton, San Jose, Boise, etc. This seemed odd to me, Is it normal to have so many openings at once? Made me think a strike was in order and they are stocking up on drivers? LOL

More than likely due to the fact that WRC is going to get out of the 1-2 day market and stop the competition with their regional carriers.

I am also wondering about this. I am in the process of being hired and can't believe the pay is so low! All benefits are paid for which is nice. Wonder how long that will last? I hope I don't go to work there for the summer and get laid off. Worked for Yellow years ago and got laid off and never called back. Didn't matter, I couldn't pay my union dues anyway cause I was only working one day a month. I was still paying the initiation and having to pay monthly. I was also making like 52 cpm then. This USF terminal I'll be working out of isn't union. Don't know how much of a difference that makes? I'll be on the extra board. Just wondering what y'all think?

The guy in Redding Wanted me to come in and interview/Test Drive. It was such a big cut in pay I couldn't make the jump. I had a guy who works out of Sac tell me that he heard some the guys working out of Redding Terminal(Orland/Willows) get laid off on unemployment in the winter. I have wanted to work for these guys for years, but the pay and being low on the list kept me away.

as long as yrc is the parent company do your self a favor and keep looking when they were usf company's good out fits all of them,but not any moore

I think I have to agree with you guys. Seems like they are just hiring for the hear and now and I fear it will end in disaster not long after. They keep talking about the new coo and how good he is doing. All it looks like he did to me is extend the loans they have. Sounds like a temporary fix at best. They are still posting a loss.

Just curious what is the starting pay out there. here at Holland new guys start out at .43/mile and 17 and change an hour, and all your medical is paid after 90 days.

Think I'm gonna wait till October. If they are still hiring then, I will take the plunge, if they will have me. I just don't trust them right now and working at Yellow back in the day left a bad taste in my mouth. I really want the YRC companies to do good and make a come back. They were all such good companies before 2007. I know the economy did them in but it was also really bad management. I saw it happening in 2007. Anyway, if this isn't just a fluke, their stock prices go up and they stay busy through the winter will be good indications they are making a turn around. I will give them some time and just stay where I'm at for now. I make good money and they keep me busy even though I am OTR. I still get home every week.