XPO | Lots of spending going’s on

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
Not only is XPO buying over 700 new tractors this year but the spending is continuing for new fork trucks. We just got 7 that are being equipped with scales. I guess it’s time to retire the current old dock work horses... 2 or 3 of them arrived here in 94’.Anybody else getting replacements? I wonder if BJ has second thoughts about wanting trucking assets considering all the capital expenditures he’s incurring since he bought us?

Problem at my place is not equipment, it's finding people to operate it. In a capitalist system when a commodity becomes scarce the price for it should rise. The people running XPO don't seem to understand this very basic principle. We are always a day late because we are a couple dollars per hour short.

New tractors, new lifts, new trailers, even saw new gears back from wherever they sent them to get fixed. Not enough new faces.

No doubt that a shortage of seated drivers continues to be a problem, but I believe the company has taken steps to fix that as well. At my place, we recently graduated a driving class and we have another in session. The more I think about it, the more I conclude that XPO made some mistakes early on, but now they are trying to fix them. Considering that half the revenue to XPO is from LTL, it looks like they might be starting to learn from their early mistakes and are trying to get it right. I'm still skeptical, but not as much as I was last year at this time. I think Kenny Wagers will turn out to be good for this company.

IMO , Having one group of Driver's that receive better vacation , 401-k match etc,
Infearior insurance ,late start times, isn't going to hold any new hires very long. The bad taste will arrive quickly. I understand
That Driver's with many years of service deserve the vacation time and other perks.
I was one of them. The New Driver's deserve to have the opportunity to work towards the same.

I don’t think there spending anymore this year than Con-way would do in a typical year , may be a little heavier on equipment but that’s because of the the lack of reinvest they been doing the last couple of years .

No doubt that a shortage of seated drivers continues to be a problem, but I believe the company has taken steps to fix that as well. At my place, we recently graduated a driving class and we have another in session. The more I think about it, the more I conclude that XPO made some mistakes early on, but now they are trying to fix them. Considering that half the revenue to XPO is from LTL, it looks like they might be starting to learn from their early mistakes and are trying to get it right. I'm still skeptical, but not as much as I was last year at this time. I think Kenny Wagers will turn out to be good for this company.
Now they need to fix the health insurance, retirement package

IMO , Having one group of Driver's that receive better vacation , 401-k match etc,
Infearior insurance ,late start times, isn't going to hold any new hires very long. The bad taste will arrive quickly. I understand
That Driver's with many years of service deserve the vacation time and other perks.
I was one of them. The New Driver's deserve to have the opportunity to work towards the same.
Im sorry would have to disagree most not all but most of these new drivers and students are spoiled and think there entitled to everything i hear it everyday i wanna a long run i want a freightliner l can only drive a automatic the list goes on and on and the company gives in to them cause god forbid they quit i could careless whether they stay or go sorry but i had to put in many years of hard work here to get where im at now and these newbies get to start out with top pay 3 weeks vacation and a sign on bonus ya boy its rough sorry the company is in the wrong make them work for it like most of us did and they are really no use anyways half either show up late to fac or get lost or have some other catastrophic event its a joke

Im sorry would have to disagree most not all but most of these new drivers and students are spoiled and think there entitled to everything i hear it everyday i wanna a long run i want a freightliner l can only drive a automatic the list goes on and on and the company gives in to them cause god forbid they quit i could careless whether they stay or go sorry but i had to put in many years of hard work here to get where im at now and these newbies get to start out with top pay 3 weeks vacation and a sign on bonus ya boy its rough sorry the company is in the wrong make them work for it like most of us did and they are really no use anyways half either show up late to fac or get lost or have some other catastrophic event its a joke
Once again, the question of "why are they hiring drivers? Not enough trucks or freight to justify this.Can' t get any response from management on this issue.Anyone want to speculate?

I am not saying that they should start out with a 600 mile run, new truck , full vacation to start out with. I am saying that when they get their time pulled , they should receive the same benefits across the board. They are saying to one group of people , you can have this after this long and saying to the new hires that they will never have what these Legacy employees have. I understand your position, because if I was still there, I would be a legacy employee. Legacy employees are not the future of the Company now. It's just a matter of a few years that most of us old timers will be done. Just Reality. There's not a doubt in my mind that most Trucking companies are going to reap what they sewed and will have many issues with staffing. Break out the Popcorn!!!

I am not saying that they should start out with a 600 mile run, new truck , full vacation to start out with. I am saying that when they get their time pulled , they should receive the same benefits across the board. They are saying to one group of people , you can have this after this long and saying to the new hires that they will never have what these Legacy employees have. I understand your position, because if I was still there, I would be a legacy employee. Legacy employees are not the future of the Company now. It's just a matter of a few years that most of us old timers will be done. Just Reality. There's not a doubt in my mind that most Trucking companies are going to reap what they sewed and will have many issues with staffing. Break out the Popcorn!!!
Great summation of the situation. You understand more than a lot of guys that work here.

We don't have enough of anything. And while getting a little more helps. A few years of neglect has left it's mark on the operation. It'll cost that much more to get us back to where we should have been, let alone where we need to be. You really think Jacobs is gonna write that check ?

Not only is XPO buying over 700 new tractors this year but the spending is continuing for new fork trucks. We just got 7 that are being equipped with scales. I guess it’s time to retire the current old dock work horses... 2 or 3 of them arrived here in 94’.Anybody else getting replacements? I wonder if BJ has second thoughts about wanting trucking assets considering all the capital expenditures he’s incurring since he bought us?
we bought no tractors last year,fkn ridiculous,700 now ain't no big deal,reason we are getting tractors and forklifts now is trump's tax cut,businesses can write off capital expenditures immediately instead od spaced out over time,which helps BJ cut down on his tax bill

They haven’t bought much in the last 3 years in the way of equipment . So if they actually buy 700 hundred tractors it would be start.

we bought no tractors last year,fkn ridiculous,700 now ain't no big deal,reason we are getting tractors and forklifts now is trump's tax cut,businesses can write off capital expenditures immediately instead od spaced out over time,which helps BJ cut down on his tax bill
No Tractors last year?????? well then those two 2017 Tractor in my yard must just be mirages along with the one I see on the road and at the FAC

All our forks have scales on them. It is one of my barns biggest money maker