Yellow | LOU passing out money!!!

Vwaggs

TB Veteran
Credits
I gotta wonder who the company representitive in charge of making sure all the weekend outbounds are done at LOU is. The past couple weeks it almost appears they are intentionaly not getting the loads completely processed for any LIR drivers leaving there Saturday morning. I could speculate and say this is an extension of the LOU drivers attempt to create more job security for themselves by trying to get those LIR runs stopped, which would almost certainly result in at least 1 or 2 more LIR drivers getting laid off, but it would only be speculation. I gotta wonder if the company rep responsible will continue to feel secure that he will keep his job during the consolidation, since it appears blatant they are not preparing the loads to be ready on purpose and are throwing away alot of that terminals money paying road drivers to correct all issues before they can leave.

The LIR bid driver that leaves on Saturday morning is actually concerned he will get bumped by a senior driver in this weeks rebid. He's been making so much money finishing/correcting LOUs work BEFORE he leaves, that just what he earns BEFORE leaving can basically buy the weekly groceries for his family. CDO seems to at least be clear on the issue. It appears they don't care what problems "Show Up", the driver WILL leave with his planned load. Wonder if corporate will look further into this.

A.) What do you consider completely processed? If theres consistent problem with placards or something, we can get it fixed.

B.) What sense does it make to have scheduled meet/turns when you folks are coming in to bed bug, thus costing the company money that we don't have for motel expenditures and transportation to and from?

C.) Nobody wanted to relocate 600 miles to get layed off or cancelled due to stupid planning or oversight or maybe even greed on one locals part because they KNEW the numbers were skewed and kept quiet at the change hearings.

D.) Lets see what this new realignment brings as far as your bids are concerned, otherwise I will continue to do what I can to "rectify" the problems with this lane by pointing out what a waste of money it is putting you guys to bed.

If you want to take this to a PM Waggs, do it. My issue is not with the LIR drivers, it is with the company and their lack of forsight and utter disregard for our lives and the livelyhood of our families. We are a small terminal but we generate enough freight to keep us working and then some. We've already cut 2 MCW bids as a compromise and layed 2 road drivers off, I gotta draw the line somewhere.

UW

A.) What do you consider completely processed? If theres consistent problem with placards or something, we can get it fixed.

This week there were two loads. No bills. Only one hooked. One driver ran w/no bills. The other bobtailed to the hotel to get a fax of the Hazmat paperwork, then bobtailed back to the yard. Hooked, then wandered around looking for UN numbers that weren't on the placarded trailer. Luckily your payroll person came in. The UNs are in the locked office area.
B.) What sense does it make to have scheduled meet/turns when you folks are coming in to bed bug, thus costing the company money that we don't have for motel expenditures and transportation to and from?

That isn't my call. The company set up the lanes YEARS ago. Give us other freight lanes to replace them. As a matter of fact, they took away our Nashville lanes during the COO and won't give them back. Two road jobs. My point on your reply is, your terminal should not be sabotaging, if they are, the companies freight lanes that have been in place for years, just to protect your own jobs and cost us ours. Theres brotherhood for ya.

C.) Nobody wanted to relocate 600 miles to get layed off or cancelled due to stupid planning or oversight or maybe even greed on one locals part because they KNEW the numbers were skewed and kept quiet at the change hearings.

The two LIR guys that are next slated to lose their jobs moved 900 miles!!!

D.) Lets see what this new realignment brings as far as your bids are concerned, otherwise I will continue to do what I can to "rectify" the problems with this lane by pointing out what a waste of money it is putting you guys to bed.

The bids are still in place. They just shifted as did the meet n turns.

If you want to take this to a PM Waggs, do it. My issue is not with the LIR drivers, it is with the company and their lack of forsight and utter disregard for our lives and the livelyhood of our families. We are a small terminal but we generate enough freight to keep us working and then some. We've already cut 2 MCW bids as a compromise and layed 2 road drivers off, I gotta draw the line somewhere.
Why would I want to take this to PM? My post was questioning the choice being made by a supervisor, throwing away hundreds of dollars of the companies money in what appears to be an attempt to further their own agenda. I would think this is important for everyone to discuss, when it is an example of why our company is having money problems and has a need to eliminate people using the companies money not in the companies best interest. We already have 8 road drivers on layoff. Every complaint you have is worse at LIR. You haven't seen me making previous posts about LOU drivers trying to get our bids cancelled and costing our jobs even though its been going on for months.

UW[/QUOTE]

Check your facts Waggs....LIR drivers never went to bed in LOU until after July 6, 2008......I pulled the sheets from January to July, not even 1 as a fluke. I can run them through the copier and send them to you if you want.

As far as the bills go, "Mama always says, squeeky wheel gets the grease." ""Ya gotta do what you gotta do." DOT book says, "The driver must satisfy himself..." Yadda, yadda, yadda....

We're fighting two huge breaks here as well. CTI has 4 FRK meets set up with MEM and every time that I go into CTI and look at the sheets, the DAL, BMT, SVT, SAN and even direct LIR loads are all running that way instead of through us like they put us in there to do.

They're hearing the 10 grievances that I have filed on the matter in CHI in a week or two, the cost to the company of said paperwork to said driver will be dear. I'm going to continue to fight for my people here and just hope that after the dust settles on this merger, theres enough freight to worry about taking care of everybody else......

PS. It's still a waste of money putting you guys to bed up here when we have meets scheduled on that lane......If I'm correct, you guys didn't even go back to LIR Saturday morning, you both went to NSH......another lane that we were granted in the change.........

No need to hit me......just watchin'.....

Waggs VS. Wiggly

Waggs draws first blood, Wiggly quickly retaliates to "rectify" the situation. Waggs comes back with explosive quotations and very bold lettering.

End of round 1.

Wiggly files 10 grievs and Waggs goes to bed on Printers Alley, down he goes, (1.....2.......) ohhhhhhh....saved by the bell!

:popcorn::clap:

Stop stirring the pot Annie......he and I have a common enemy. Just another case of the companys eyes being bigger than their stomachs......

One point that I seem to be missing. Teamsters don't write COO's. There was a time period for all this to be disputed. What happened? Been through plenty of these when I was working and never understood the animosity between Teamsters. "Your doing my work". I never once dispatched myself anywhere in the system. I went where the paycard (dispatcher) told me. And the nasty looks and cold shoulder you got when you went into a foreign terminal. The beginning of the end of the Teamsters.

I wasn't raising an issue of Teamster against Teamster. He is raising that issue. I was raising the issue of someone in LOU apparently wasting the companies money.

"I could speculate and say this is an extension of the LOU drivers attempt to create more job security for themselves by trying to get those LIR runs stopped, which would almost certainly result in at least 1 or 2 more LIR drivers getting laid off, but it would only be speculation."

HUH?

"I could speculate and say this is an extension of the LOU drivers attempt to create more job security for themselves by trying to get those LIR runs stopped, which would almost certainly result in at least 1 or 2 more LIR drivers getting laid off, but it would only be speculation."

HUH?

Currently they are not running all the MCW bids everyday. Nor are they running all the LOU laydowns. Cancelling the LOU bids, without replacing the work will increase the frequency of MCW runs running, but kick 1 or 2 LOU bid drivers to an extra board where we have only an occasional extra freight not taken by MEM and OKC due to their primaries running through us. They can easily kick a few more through the CTI - MEM lane as they currently do. LOU would gain more security and LIR would lose it because of this. We are subject to everyones whim since almost all of our freight can be claimed by other larger terminals without recourse.