Central Transport | Louisville raises pay scale, calls former drivers..

Company Man

TB Lurker
Credits
Top out at Louisville KY has been bumped to 23.00/hr and drivers are still quitting in droves. VP of operations is calling former employees trying to get them to come back to work for Central, witt promises of retaining old seniority, vacation time, etc.. ZERO of the 10 they contacted yesterday agreed to comeback! Lol

Didn't get a call, but did get a letter just short of BEGGING me to come back, talk about desperation, I would drive OTR and be gone for months or even years at a time before I'd work for them again, I have to much respect and experience to drop my standards that low again. lets see where I'm at now 3 miles from my house UNION shop, newer equipment (everything in my yard is 2011 or 12) all automatic trucks on site wash bay that I can use as much as I want, mostly d+h and if it not D+H then its 100% no touch, no dock work, no hilo's period (for driver use) all the work I want, not tied to a certain area or city, home daily. and I can leave that to go back to poor equipment, bad trailers, dock work, hilo's in all kinds of weather not knowing if I'm getting paid for all I do, paying city taxes to a city I don't live in, lousy insurance, driving almost 30 miles to work, and dealing with customers complaining about the condition of their freight, just to get my seniority and pay rate back ( although there would be no record of that), thanks but no thanks.

Didn't get a call, but did get a letter just short of BEGGING me to come back, talk about desperation, I would drive OTR and be gone for months or even years at a time before I'd work for them again, I have to much respect and experience to drop my standards that low again. lets see where I'm at now 3 miles from my house UNION shop, newer equipment (everything in my yard is 2011 or 12) all automatic trucks on site wash bay that I can use as much as I want, mostly d+h and if it not D+H then its 100% no touch, no dock work, no hilo's period (for driver use) all the work I want, not tied to a certain area or city, home daily. and I can leave that to go back to poor equipment, bad trailers, dock work, hilo's in all kinds of weather not knowing if I'm getting paid for all I do, paying city taxes to a city I don't live in, lousy insurance, driving almost 30 miles to work, and dealing with customers complaining about the condition of their freight, just to get my seniority and pay rate back ( although there would be no record of that), thanks but no thanks.

I got my PLEASE come back to CT letter as well today. I am going to send a reply letter along with a stack of Estes Driver Referral cards with my name on them. Just in case they want to steer some good hard working Vitran and Central drivers our way. My offer still stands to split the $ 500.00 bonus with each new Estes driver or mechanic hired in. Buck and a Quarter now, then if you and I are still at Estes six months down the road, another $ 125.00.

They are actually tracking you guys down and begging you to return? I have never heard of such a thing.