FedEx Freight | Louisville results

I gave you the answer ex. Didn't you read the reply? On has to opt in before they opt out.

You made several statements before I asked the question. They you came back with a smart-ass "Johnny on the spot" comment when I asked you to provide proof.

Should have been an easy slam dunk for you if it were always true.

You made several statements before I asked the question. They you came back with a smart-ass "Johnny on the spot" comment when I asked you to provide proof.

Should have been an easy slam dunk for you if it were always true.
Are you getting confused again? This has already been covered and if I remember correctly, it was you that posted the link to the NLRB site. That was the reason for the "Johnny on the spot" comment. Your questions were already answered so why all the fuss?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

That is pretty much true. We were shown a safety video about 18 months ago and it discussed how more than half of the drivers involved in a roll over accident had had one previously. I asked, "How many do we get?", but didn't really get an answer.
Wouldn't it depend on the drug test results?

Nope, in a RTW state non-union employees aren't forced to pay dues and we get everything the union members receive except the union pension....although we still get the company pension....no fees that I'm aware of. We also get alledged representation on grievances, I say alledged because I'm sure there won't be much effort from the shop steward but they're still required to represent.
Again, why would anyone in a RTW state want to join?
You don't get to vote on what's in a contract either.

This has already been covered and if I remember correctly, it was you that posted the link to the NLRB site. That was the reason for the "Johnny on the spot" comment. Your questions were already answered so why all the fuss?

I posted the NLRB link in an effort to illuminate some of the half-truths being tossed around.

In some instances the NLRB site uses permissive, opposed to mandatory, words in their summaries. You stated something as a definitive, when clearly it is not definitive since there are exceptions.

When people are trying to assimilate the facts, we need to be careful about the words we choose. We shouldn't state things as absolutes that aren't.

No confusion here.

Wouldn't it depend on the drug test results?
If there was a positive drug test it would probably be the end of the driver's career. I can't remember the last time I heard of any of us losing our job over a drug test. We are pretty drug free as a group. I always thought one rollover was the end of a driver's career as well but times have changed.

If you haven't signed a card and agreed to join the union, I don't believe you get to vote on the contract.
Everyone votes on first contract. Then if after that only Union members vote but remember if your in right to work state you don't have to join at all ad still get same benefits.

Everyone votes on first contract. Then if after that only Union members vote but remember if your in right to work state you don't have to join at all ad still get same benefits.
If your not a member you won't have a vote on what's in the contract, but you'll reap the benefits just like a free loader.

I posted the NLRB link in an effort to illuminate some of the half-truths being tossed around.

In some instances the NLRB site uses permissive, opposed to mandatory, words in their summaries. You stated something as a definitive, when clearly it is not definitive since there are exceptions.

When people are trying to assimilate the facts, we need to be careful about the words we choose. We shouldn't state things as absolutes that aren't.

No confusion here.
And what might that be Oh keeper of the truth? Have you confused yourself again?

What happened to "They only want your dues money." there citydog? Did that one slip past you?

No, you do not get the same benefits as a dues paying member. Some but not all. You will have no voice in anything. No voice in your future contract. No voice at your local. No voice in Union elections. What you will be by not joining the Union is a freeloader or that four letter word that the word sensor just hates.

What happened to "They only want your dues money." there citydog? Did that one slip past you?

No, you do not get the same benefits as a dues paying member. Some but not all. You will have no voice in anything. No voice in your future contract. No voice at your local. No voice in Union elections. What you will be by not joining the Union is a freeloader or that four letter word that the word sensor just hates.

I'm confused. The union comes into someone else's place of business......ask it's current employees to let the union take control of their future and represent them (for a small fee of course) and anyone who doesn't jump on board with the union becomes the freeloader.

What kind of dummy jumps on the back of that turnip truck??

Again, thank God the politicians in NC gave us ALL the RIGHT to be "freeloaders"!

I'm confused. The union comes into someone else's place of business......ask it's current employees to let the union take control of their future and represent them (for a small fee of course) and anyone who doesn't jump on board with the union becomes the freeloader.

You got it wrong. The employees went to the Union. You pay a small fee(dues) and you receive a better compensation package than you have now. I would call it worse than just being a freeloader.

You got it wrong. The employees went to the Union. You pay a small fee(dues) and you receive a better compensation package than you have now. I would call it worse than just being a freeloader.

How is it worse?

From the voting numbers it looks as of a few spoke for many. That dosent mean that those of us who have invested our entire adult life in this profession (25+ years) and have seen many companies die as a result of unions and their relentless pressure for more, more, more are interested in their representation.

The employees went to the Union. By the way. If you all are so dead set against it then when those bennies come your way just skim the difference out of your wallet and hand it back to the Union. That way you will never have to be a freeloader.

The employees went to the Union. By the way. If you all are so dead set against it then when those bennies come your way just skim the difference out of your wallet and hand it back to the Union. That way you will never have to be a freeloader.
Unfortunately for the union that's not how it works. The law says I get to keep my dues, the money and bennies.....lucky me!