Low Bridge remodles a Trailer

here's a question or two...

driver claimed his truck/trailer were 12'6"...

bridge is 13'

so he thought he could make it...

but he didn't...

most times you're fired for topping a trailer.

what do you think might happen to him...??

could he have known the road was going up hill after that bridge..??

i don't think so.

this "might be" one of those rare cases where the driver gets a 'free pass" on topping a trailer...........

I would go as far to say the state should be responsible for the damage.They install clearance signs for semi,s and should take all factors into account.

here's a question or two...

driver claimed his truck/trailer were 12'6"...

bridge is 13'

so he thought he could make it...

but he didn't...

most times you're fired for topping a trailer.

what do you think might happen to him...??

could he have known the road was going up hill after that bridge..??

i don't think so.

this "might be" one of those rare cases where the driver gets a 'free pass" on topping a trailer...........

this is were i got 12'6"

most tlrs posted at 13'6" are based on a 48" fifth wheel (24" rubber), with the low pro tires that will make you hight less, but not 12"

hes in big trouble when knight gets in touch with him that looks like any normal trailer meaning 13'6 high.thats ok there are alot of otr jobs in paper

There may be a lot of truckload jobs out there.
But if you've ever applied for any of them.
They don't really care how long you've been a trucker,they do want you to have a good safe record,and a clean CDL,for whatever time you have under your belt.

i didn't know knight had any 12'6" trailors i thought they only had 13'6" ooooppps

i got the height of the trailer from the news article. the driver said the trailer is 12'6"..........

it could be a city trailer that is used for runs up to NYC or Chicago...?? i can't tell you how many times i will see trailers around here that are indeed 12'6".....

it could be a trailer that was loaded with paper rolls and was being transported up to NYC.........???

just because (some) Knight drivers have never seen any 12'6" trailer, doesn't mean it doesn't exist...it could be a "dedicated trailer to a particular account".......

anyhow, someone is responsible for the damage. IF the trailer really is 12'6" but the road starts going up hill right after the bridge, the county or state ought to have had better warnings for truckers, with say trailers LONGER than 45' or 48'...????

It may look like its only 12,6 in the center to me.
But both ends are a might higher now that he reconfigured this van because of whatever he rammed the nose into.

Just being sarcasic here.

I do agree with Pro1Driver that it could of been a lower city van.
I know that Con-way,and NewPenn have lower trailers for city routes around where I live.

Even is this was one of those lower vans,he must have been the first one to see he still couldn't make it under.

Yes I would fault the town highway department for not posting signs about long vans not being able to make it under.

blame it on who you want but we all know IT IS STILL THE DRIVERS RESPONCEIBILITY to double check, falls on our shoulders regaurdless

if you look at the picture the nose isnt touched.the road has to dip under the bridge thats why he crunched halfway thru.there is an overpass by were i use to live and it would catch the center of 13 6 everytime. sure i measures ok put put a 53' on eithe end of the dip and you are up a few inches on center

Maybe it was an April fools prank gone wrong! Someone took a Sharpie to the 13'6 notice on the trailer!:hide::biglaugh: