FedEx Freight | Low Moral

Whataburger2

TB Lurker
Credits
Down here in the Ozarks the moral is getting pretty bad. We have road drivers bailing the ship to go to Old D, we have city drivers from other centers coming in ahead of our city board to run road runs and a road driver from another center doing city pick ups.
Does any of these sound like its standard operating procedures? Does a home domicile driver have a right to complain?
Also, does anyone else have any instances that compare to all this?

The Ozarks? Isn't that HQ territory? Maybe Fred's assassins are going to finally kill the beast instead of torturing it.

Morale is horrible, so many people unsure what's going to happen anytime there is a new meeting posted. All of the policy changes about trucks and procedures, no one trusts anyone in management plus all the people leaving. I know the WTK Wichita terminal manager quit and heard of several more. Getting really sad.

roog

The JOP terminal manager quit yesterday. And trust me, the road driver doing city pickups would rather be running the road.

I'm going to say it's not so great in our yard either.
There is lots of unhappy campers that say it's just
a job that I have to do for my family.

Heard that the ALB manager quit yesterday so what is with all the managers quiting? Maybe all the fantasys scenarios this company wants are getting to the managers as well as the drivers!

The RKI (Rock Island) CCM and the Asst both quit a week or two ago.

Sounds like things might not be as peachy as they want to let on.

Fred should wake up and look into what's going on at all of the centers before it's to late.

Drivers bailing, management bailing, customers are going to start bailing next???

Who knows, maybe that's what Freddie wants?

Maybe Freds tired of the ltl game and just wants out, without admitting defeat. Run it into the ground and you can shut it down without making the shareholders too mad. They will still get theirs when they liquidate everthing. Maybe start over with Viatran.

You know what I say , who even cares anymore.....

I'm there for a check , that's it , most of my days in the city are crap anyways.

Yeah around here everytime there is a meeting posted it just means less drivers and less runs. The funny (not really) part is now that they screwed some of the guys on a severance package after July 8th they won't have enough Road Drivers to run their runs. You might see a road driver posting for SGF soon gentlemen. It's a great opportunity!!! I'm sure they will be turning people away and have piles of applications pouring in.

Yeah around here everytime there is a meeting posted it just means less drivers and less runs. The funny (not really) part is now that they screwed some of the guys on a severance package after July 8th they won't have enough Road Drivers to run their runs. You might see a road driver posting for SGF soon gentlemen. It's a great opportunity!!! I'm sure they will be turning people away and have piles of applications pouring in.
sounds great do you have to wear black shorts and a black shirt with black combat boots to apply? If so I will pass it on to the swifty drivers aren't they in the Freddy family.

well i guess I see it is all over the country, I thought it was just us at FAR , but then again if we knew about other places that would be communication, which we all know is non existant. Things have really gotten bad and it is getting ready to fall on its face. We have been thru 6 supv and 2 ccms in about 2 years and the third is on his way if he doesnt get his head out of his ars. every thing I have read on this post is the same crap up here, what the bucket is happening , the moral has gotten so low that even drivers have stopped helping each other, every one is like smoke is talking about just getting a check and going home , me included. I dont think jumping ship will help as if another company hasn,t already been bitten by the corporate bug they will be. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

You know I hate getting older, but I thank my lucky stars that I was able to retire in the summer of 2009 and leave with my head held high and proud. I can guarantee you that the good sups and scms do not like all of these wacky changes any more than you do. They also are just trying to survive and receive their checks.