TForce | Low seniority workers should consider voting no.

Local 294 out of Albany.
First contract offer 2013 3 yes 20 no

First contract offer 2018 3 yes 20 no

Second contract offer 2013 17 yes 5 no

First off that's an almost an 80% turn out for that local. Amazing consistency over 5 years will actually see what the second vote is

Huge mistake. You’ll be voting to allow the slow and drawn out destruction of good wage jobs at UPS Freight in exchange for a two-tiered wage system, more subcontractors and wages that don’t keep pace with inflation. VOTE NO to protect your future.
OK I hear this two tier wage Argument going around but there is no Language in the UPSF 2018-2023 proposal that anyone can point to. So if you don't mind posting up the Language and why you think it should be interpreted as such ? This is a very important factor in the deciding if this contract is acceptable for a lot of members.

OK I hear this two tier wage Argument going around but there is no Language in the UPSF 2018-2023 proposal that anyone can point to. So if you don't mind posting up the Language and why you think it should be interpreted as such ? This is a very important factor in the deciding if this contract is acceptable for a lot of members.
Apparently you’re not reading the same contract I am.

Moreover, the new contract surreptitiously creates a second tier of lower-paid workers by creating a new top tier for “in-progression workers,” that is, those that are not yet at the top tier. They will top out at the current top rate, which will not increase over the life of the contract. Thus a worker who reaches the top rate in 2023 will be paid $2.20 per hour less than workers who are currently at the top rate.

I also cannot find it unless I'm not understanding the progression rates. could someone please tell me what article this 2 tier wage thing falls under?

Your "Two Tier Wage Theory" Has been Debunked. Everyone that finishes their progression and I quote -
" WILL THEN BE ELIGBLE FOR THE HOURLY INCREASES IN THIS CONTRACT" Your inability to comprehend the contract Language does not give you the Right to put False information on this forum for the sole purpose of swaying Votes towards your convoluted point of view.

Your "Two Tier Wage Theory" Has been Debunked. Everyone that finishes their progression and I quote -
" WILL THEN BE ELIGBLE FOR THE HOURLY INCREASES IN THIS CONTRACT" Your inability to comprehend the contract Language does not give you the Right to put False information on this forum for the sole purpose of swaying Votes towards your convoluted point of view.
That's exactly what the contract says...….Page16 Article 26 section C

That's exactly what the contract says...….Page16 Article 26 section C
Part time Dockworkers and clerks already have two tiers +. The new contract does have this language for drivers now. People hired 8/1 will top out in 4 year at 28.65 and than get a yearly rasie like us. The old contract said top rate after 4 years. Two tier is misleading. It will really be multiple tiers depends on your hire day.

Part time Dockworkers and clerks already have two tiers +. The new contract does have this language for drivers now. People hired 8/1 will top out in 4 year at 28.65 and than get a yearly rasie like us. The old contract said top rate after 4 years. Two tier is misleading. It will really be multiple tiers depends on your hire day.
That is not what it states. it specifically states if you finish your progression you are then eligible for the yearly increase in the contract. So if you are currently in the 2nd year of progression you will hit 4th year progression in 2020,you then will receive the increase for that years current contract amount 28.65 + the 2 yearly raises from 2019 and 2020.then they would receive the rest of the 3 raises with everyone else. as far as the folks who started after august 1 2018 that has nothing to do with topout wages.

If the progression is the Reason for calling this a Two Tier system then Folks at the Top wage should consider sacrificing for the future of their so called brotherhood and take Less of an hourly increase to Eliminate the progression and replace it with what the rest of the Teamster freight company's have= 90% until probation then 100% pay from then on.

That is not what it states. it specifically states if you finish your progression you are then eligible for the yearly increase in the contract. So if you are currently in the 2nd year of progression you will hit 4th year progression in 2020,you then will receive the increase for that years current contract amount 28.65 + the 2 yearly raises from 2019 and 2020.then they would receive the rest of the 3 raises with everyone else. as far as the folks who started after august 1 2018 that has nothing to do with topout wages.
It works like this. Guy A has been here 4 year he makes 17.70 He will get 2.20 over the life of the contract. Guy B has two years to top dock pay. In 2020 he makes 17.70 and than gets the 45,45 and 50 cents raises. Guy C gets hired next year and will max at the end of the contract. He will make 17.70. By the end of the contract. Guy A makes 19.90 GUY B makes 19.10 and Guy C makes 17.70

You could not educate,you have to be educated to educate! By saying that you need to vote yes! With no education upsf is paying you very well......
You quoted the biggest No vote UPS Freight has. I'm a yes vote. But no one has to guess what the UPS freight guy will vote.