SEFL | Lowes Gift Cards?

mikejones234

TB Lurker
Credits
Are there any terminals who are doing team safety awards via the Lowe's gift card?. I told my tm in the last meeting, that this should be a individual basis instead of a team. I do not think its fair.

Are there any terminals who are doing team safety awards via the Lowe's gift card?. I told my tm in the last meeting, that this should be a individual basis instead of a team. I do not think its fair.

We tried this team approach involving every associate, driver , customer service , the dock, leadership.... Each team, there were 6 altogether, each team had at least one person from every dept on it. If 1 person on the team got injured or had a accident the entire team for the quarter was disqualified. We did this program on a quarterly basis not monthly. In my opinion the team effort failed big time. Out of 6 teams 1 met its goal of 0 incidents, the other 5 failed due to 1 person on the team having an incident. Talk about 1 person sinking the ship. Before long this program fell to the side and is no longer in a active status here. as to what incentive the teams were offered it was a 50.00 dollar visa gift card. Not bad. But to using the team approach, it did more damage than good. I can not control an other associates work habits or actions, but I can control my work habits and actions. Why should my efforts go un recongized due to someone else's disregard. Again just my opinion. And i think it should have been a monthly occurance not a quarterly occurance.

my term is also doing it by quarter, i think everyone got a card the 1st quarter, but the 2nd was another story. i agree with you why punish the whole group for 1 persons mistake which 99.9% of the time is a small accident. We have yet to have an accident involving another vehicle. Its always SEFL equipment getting damaged, hitting poles, signs and mail boxes.etc.. what do you expect in this type of work.