Lsu was #1

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
With the win over West Virgina, should LSU be ranked #1 over Oklahoma...With all the wins LSU has,only 1 has been unranked... 1-0 SEC...4-0 Overall...

Loon,1 or 2 basically equates to the same thing in college(shot at a National Championship),other than the fact a 1 ranking usually makes for a bigger bulls-eye.A leap frog would be good for your guys and probably deserving but I think alot of voters are gonna look at the WVU close game against Maryland last week,which got pummeled by Temple yesterday..All them victories over ranked teams are a nice resume for #1,but you may have to wait for a Sooner loss or a Tiger-Sooner NC.

Loon,1 or 2 basically equates to the same thing in college(shot at a National Championship),other than the fact a 1 ranking usually makes for a bigger bulls-eye.A leap frog would be good for your guys and probably deserving but I think alot of voters are gonna look at the WVU close game against Maryland last week,which got pummeled by Temple yesterday..All them victories over ranked teams are a nice resume for #1,but you may have to wait for a Sooner loss or a Tiger-Sooner NC.

Already been there,done that a9...Remember '03...Superdome...Oklahomas #1 defense...LSU's offense and defense stredded Oklahoma...That was the year that USC refused the invite to the Sugar Bowl..The National Championship Game,for God's sake....They knew LSU was not going to be denied in '03...Oklahoma found that out...I see the same type of team this year, out of LSU....No matter what it takes,those kids are coming together...USC, didn't want to be embarrassed by the "Little Team From Baton Rouge"...Chickensh!ts...

P.S. I'm not taking anything away from Alabama...They are a good team...The "Showdown in Tuscaloosa" will happen soon...You'll want to have your freinds over for that one..It WILL be a "spitknocker"...

In a word...NO!!!!

Like a9 said, 1 or 2. Settle it in the National Championship game...At least Oklahoma stepped up to the plate in '03 and played LSU in the Sugar Bowl...USC played chickensh!t and decline the invite...Believe me GT, Oklahoma would not want LSU in the National Championship game, if it were played this Saturday..They barely beat Missouri...

Like a9 said, 1 or 2. Settle it in the National Championship game...At least Oklahoma stepped up to the plate in '03 and played LSU in the Sugar Bowl...USC played chickensh!t and decline the invite...Believe me GT, Oklahoma would not want LSU in the National Championship game, if it were played this Saturday..They barely beat Missouri...
I'm just teasing ya Stark, I know your die hard, I don't even like OU, I'm an OSU and TU fan, I was happy that OU beat FSU, that made me grin, however, OU ain't my team by a long shot, I hope LSU does get the first spot, if OSU or TU cant have it..and that ain't gonna happen..LOL!!! That performance with MO was really shoddy.

I'm just teasing ya Stark, I know your die hard, I don't even like OU, I'm an OSU and TU fan, I was happy that OU beat FSU, that made me grin, however, OU ain't my team by a long shot, I hope LSU does get the first spot, if OSU or TU cant have it..and that ain't gonna happen..LOL!!! That performance with MO was really shoddy.

If we deserve it, yes...But don't put us up there because of WHO we are(like USC and Ohio State)...I honestly think OU can be beat..Just like I think LSU can be beat...But I see the same team this year,I did in '03 and '07...They just don't want to lose...

I'm not near as afraid of the tiger as I was the bear..that bear was just mean, I had nightmares of his tooth being broke off in my femur...it makes me shudder and sweat to think about it even now! Go LSU!!!!!!

I'm not near as afraid of the tiger as I was the bear..that bear was just mean, I had nightmares of his tooth being broke off in my femur...it makes me shudder and sweat to think about it even now! Go LSU!!!!!!

Well, let me explain...LSU is #1 in the AP poll...But...Tied with Alabama for #2 in the Coaches poll(don't understand that..Alabama hasn't played no one but Penn State and Arkansas..Lower ranked teams)...So I guess you can take it either way...I just wanted to get you guys thoughts on it...I just don't want us at the #3 spot...We haven't had good luck being ranked #3...

I'm with you Stark..I say go LSU! So where did OU fall in the 2 polls, I watched the news but missed sports somehow, prolly outside at the time, I won't be up for the 2200 news.

I'm with you Stark..I say go LSU! So where did OU fall in the 2 polls, I watched the news but missed sports somehow, prolly outside at the time, I won't be up for the 2200 news.

1 LSU (42) 4-0 1471

2 Oklahoma (12) 3-0 1422

3 Alabama (5) 4-0 1413

4 Boise State (1) 3-0 1280

5 Oklahoma State 4-0 1209

What mildew thinks..
1 Alabama (5) 4-0 1413

2 LSU (42) 4-0 1471

3 Oklahoma (12) 3-0 1422

1 LSU (42) 4-0 1471

2 Oklahoma (12) 3-0 1422

3 Alabama (5) 4-0 1413

4 Boise State (1) 3-0 1280

5 Oklahoma State 4-0 1209

What mildew thinks..
1 Alabama (5) 4-0 1413

2 LSU (42) 4-0 1471

3 Oklahoma (12) 3-0 1422

I agree Dew..You could flip-flop all three either way...For LSU and Alabama,it's "The Showdown In Tuscaloosa" that's going to divide the two...Oklahoma is actually in a good spot..They don't have to play neither one of them....

Mine may look partial,and so be it,but I think, because of the passed 3 years of the LSU/Alabama rivalry,there hasn't been a whole lot of points difference beteen the winner and loser..It's been very tight...

But here goes..

#1 LSU 4-0 overall 1-0 in SEC

#2 Alabama 4-0 overall 1-0 SEC

#3 Boise State 3-0

#4 Oklahoma 3-0

Oklahoma will loose 2 games...1 will be against Oklahoma State...Believe it or not, Texas will be the other...