LSU's Mathieu kicked off team for violating rules

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by kevin653, Aug 10, 2012.

1. kevin653

kevin653 Member

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu was kicked off LSU’s football team Friday for breaking an athletic department rule, a blow to the Tigers’ national championship hopes three weeks before their season opener.

The junior defensive back — nicknamed Honey Badger for his tenacious style, small stature (5-foor-9, 175 pounds) and blonde streak of hair — rose from obscurity to become one of college football’s biggest stars last season.

He was a sleeper Heisman candidate as the Tigers won the Southeastern Conference championship and reached the BCS title game. They are among the favorites to win the title this year, and remain so even without Mathieu.
    LSU's Mathieu kicked off team for violating rules - Football - Boston.com[​IMG]

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

This had to be something bad for Miles to kick him off the team....I say it's attitude issues or another " test positive"...If he can't control himself and the fame,we don't need him...He was starting to get that "Superman" attitude...No one is Superman in College Football....I think Miles done the right thing, but we still don't know all the story....

3. mud

mud Wonderin'

09/01/12

Let's GO Blue!!

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

After all of the publicity that is given to pro and college sports, I'm surprised that there are still so many issues like this that pop up. They all know the rules......yet they try to skirt them. These kids throw away their future with bad behavior. Loaded with talent, but can't follow team rules. How dumb.

It's better for it to happen now versus during the season. LSU won't skip a beat.

5. kevin653

kevin653 Member

Thats it indeed, the age of accountability. The Detroit Lions released Aaron Berry for repeated arrests. This will be the trend, there is too much money involved , both college and pro , to tolerate bad behavior.Risk a big pay loss by misbehaving, or no pay day at all. And the biggest waste is some of these guys get to go to college, and get nothing academically from it, they cant even communicate intelligently.

6. Starkravinloon

How many incidents is Suh up to now?

7. Roadrunner73

Roadrunner73 Well-Known Member

No problem, LSU has Rob Bolden to save the day!

8. Starkravinloon

Actually, we have a red-shirt freshman that's even better than Mathieu....Mathieu was never a good cover-corner...But he seemed to make good plays and a pretty good special teams player...He'll hook up with a Div.II school and make it to the draft...Miles has a very low tolerance for the inability to manage your business off the field...He wishes he would have suspended Jefferson last year, but the other QB's just wasn't ready..And I really don't think Lee could have beaten Alabama anyway...He went with his gut and it failed him...And he'll be the first to admit it....LSU will be fine...I still don't think they should be ranked #1...Not yet anyways...

9. Roadrunner73

I feel really bad for old Brent Musburger. He seemed to have a real man crush on old Honey Badger. I also feel bad for you LSU fans if you have to watch Bolden play QB.

10. Starkravinloon

Don't feel bad for us my friend, our worry went with Mathieu....Maybe saved us from a violation...As far as Bolden, I only know one thing about the kid..He throws more interceptions than he does touchdowns...Mettsenburger will start the season, it's his to lose....This kid has a rocket for an arm...

11. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

With all do respect, my friend........Mathieu was a proven big play guy. A red shirt freshman hasn't proven anything yet. You know your team much better than I do, but your statement could just be wishful thinking. We'll see.

12. Roadrunner73

I know Bolden went there as a back up QB. I can say from watching him play....it's a painful thing to see if he's playing for your team. Here's to the starter remaining healthy.

13. Starkravinloon

Yeah..Tell that to Alabama...They went at him several times in the Championship game and he never once got the upper hand...Not to mention testing him in the game at Tuscaloosa..He's not a defender...He is a TD machine,when he gets the ball though....BTW...When Mathieu was red-shirted,he hadn't proven anything either...No wishful thinking my friend,just look at our depth chart...It's off the charts...LSU and Alabama come in 1 and 2 in the nation on the depth chart...That's why they are 1 and 2 in the Coaches Polls...I would have loved for this not to have happened,you're right...But wishful thinking is for those with no confidence, I'm confident that we will be OK....