TForce | LTL bought

Rumor out that we or UPS bought a LTL carrier. Anybody heard anything? It make sense though to get the freight back in the system.
They had no money more money to give you at contract time so they emptied out their system as a power play. Now your hearing they found money to buy another company to get the freight back?....Nothing would surprise me anymore....

That was true THEN I was there when it was going on
Rumors were hot and heavy about that deal then, wham , ABF deal comes out of the blue. I still shake my head when I see a GI pup in an Estes set. What happened to Red Arrow down in the Texas Oklahoma area? Did they get absorbed in the merger? I was pretty young when it happened and didn't pay much attention to all the details. I just knew I was out of a job and moved on with life. Used to see plenty of CFCC equipment mixed in with ABF stuff, but never saw a Red Arrow pup again. Saw the pup all the CFCC employees donated money towards once in a ABF set in a Ohio Turnpike Plaza, it took a lot of self control to not go over and scratch my name off the side. It was also too high to reach from the ground!

sore subject....lost 10 spots on the seniority board...cocky attitude from the CFCC guys...sore spot especially when "Mister" Carey let them keep working thru the strike!
But hey, My bad..this is the UPS Freight board
You're preaching to the choir about it being a sore spot , lost my job too. Point of posting on UPS boards was that these rumors have been around a long time and never seem to pan out. My opinion is UPS purchase of overnite was a bone to the international union to let Buster Brown get out of Central States Pension Fund. And for the record, is working through the strike was an unmitigated disaster for weeks and months after

sore subject....lost 10 spots on the seniority board...cocky attitude from the CFCC guys...sore spot especially when "Mister" Carey let them keep working thru the strike!
But hey, My bad..this is the UPS Freight board
Now now we weren't ALL that cocky pissed and upset ya betcha and maybe cocky also. what terminal were you at 6 pak's if you don't mind I was out of Tol

UPS buying YRC while the stock is low!
That's a hoot!!!! One mismanaged company buying a failing debt ridden shell of its former self company. Now never say never, but even the foolish powers that be of UPGF need to go see the Wizard before that will happen. Can you imagine the chaos if they would and all those 35 yr. drivers and dock guys would dove-tail into our board? You think we had hate and discontent during our contract episode? The moderators of this fine board would need to add a server!!!! Happy New Year to all.....

I dont think upsf is mismanaged. I just dont think ups give a crap about frieght. As long as it doesn't bleed to death or cause too much trouble, ups doesn't seem at all interested.
Case and point was the contract fiasco.

I dont think upsf is mismanaged. I just dont think ups give a crap about frieght. As long as it doesn't bleed to death or cause too much trouble, ups doesn't seem at all interested.
Case and point was the contract fiasco.
Yup, freight is the red headed stepchild of the ups family.