XPO | LTU and the union

until you walk through the gate to report for work. Their property, their rules

wrong. their company, on AMERICAN soil, still has to abide by the rules and laws of this country. conway is not a nation, its a company doing business here, and they can't ship the work away either, so you obviously have the upper hand...

How good of a contract do you think you can get with just one or two terminals involved? How long are you willing to strike to get this contract ? Oak Harbor was out for months. Lots of hungry people out there, no problem finding ***** to take over your jobs if you strike. They have to make an example for the rest of the country. Look at YRC, when employees did not go along with the cuts they had a change of operations for that area. They put the screws to them till they gave in. All legal with the Teamsters blessing. They kept voting till YRC got what they wanted.

How good of a contract do you think you can get with just one or two terminals involved? How long are you willing to strike to get this contract ? Oak Harbor was out for months. Lots of hungry people out there, no problem finding ***** to take over your jobs if you strike. They have to make an example for the rest of the country. Look at YRC, when employees did not go along with the cuts they had a change of operations for that area. They put the screws to them till they gave in. All legal with the Teamsters blessing. They kept voting till YRC got what they wanted.

It wont be one or two. Everyone is fed up. it will be a domino effect.. u will see. Give it time. We aint got nothing to lose cause they have already taken it all.

Shut the doors yeah right i need some time off anyways im still going to sign the card IF YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD RECORD YOU WONT HAVE ANY TROBLE GETING ANOTHER JOB:LMAO:

We all need to sign a card' I'm sure they will toss us a bone to quiet down all the union talk.... And a year from now we will be right back in same spot ! Working like a dog for cheep wages- no overtime and no retirement.
What's next is Conway gonna let all the sub-contractors hauling our freight compete in the TDC. We need to give them a star card and say thanks for stealing my job!

I am coming up on 20 yrs with CON-WAY and I signed a card on friday just tired of all the lies and bullshit by mgt i'll tell you all this the union rep I met with made some calls while I was there and XCO you are not alone there are at least 10 other terminals trying to get the union thing done my terminal is one of them but I cant say where until the cards are in. say to my XCO brothers go you are not alone.

HEY truckerdude remember what Gerry D said along time ago when this company was good .It will run without salesmen or supervisors but it wont run without drivers nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local teamster pres told me today the international will probably take over the organizing after there meetings next week in vegas.

Why would you have a strike Cody, do you have any idea what the process really is ?
Oak Harbor is something a bit different now they had a contract and management woke up one day and wanted to change things without negotiating it.
Do you really think your employer wants the front page news that replacing strikers would produce?
Do your customers want to get mixed up in a labor dispute ?
I can see the salesmen from the other LTLs licking their chops now !!
And for YRCW at least they get to vote... Do YOU ?

Rumors are speading like wildfire on this. It's being said that some SC's have gone Union. I was asked to get on here and get as much info as I could to see what is true/false. So far I'm reading that some SC are just meeting? Thank in advance.

it's our company,we own the stock we move the freight,and the rules can be bargained not imposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You own stock that was generously bestowed upon you by the very company that you now want to betray by forming a union. Considering some of what you have posted regarding the whole Con=way/union issue, I have no reason to believe that you ever invested or put at risk one extra penney of your own money to buy company stock. You do not have a leg to stand on.

You own stock that was generously bestowed upon you by the very company that you now want to betray by forming a union. Considering some of what you have posted regarding the whole Con=way/union issue, I have no reason to believe that you ever invested or put at risk one extra penney of your own money to buy company stock. You do not have a leg to stand on.

We would have extra pennies if our health care costs wasnt an Arm and a Leg. Give me ot after 8 also...no matching 401k? U cant think outside the box at all. They even took our extra shipments icon off the new hand held where we cant accumulate reward points. Whats next, taking away coffee cups? We are one of the biggest ltl carriers and the least paid out of all of them. U have to invest in yourself because your just a replaceable number to conway.WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would have extra pennies if our health care costs wasnt an Arm and a Leg. Give me ot after 8 also...no matching 401k? U cant think outside the box at all. They even took our extra shipments icon off the new hand held where we cant accumulate reward points. Whats next, taking away coffee cups? We are one of the biggest ltl carriers and the least paid out of all of them. U have to invest in yourself because your just a replaceable number to conway.WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know why health cares costs have risen over the recent months? I doubt it. Do market forces in your region support wages that pay time and a half over 8? I doubt it. Have you ever actually sold freight moving services to a customer to get points for an extra shipment? I doubt it. Do you know really know for a fact how much other LTL drivers earn? I doubt it. Do you think that as a dues paying teamster, that you'll ever be anymore than a number? I doubt it.

Do you have any clue about what you're talking about? I DOUBT IT.

question answered 1.yes 2. yes , these carriers are ups freight, fedex freight, abfs, and yrc which is still in buisness paying ot. 3. yes, 4. yes 5. yes..i will be more of a number because their wont be a white shirt hiding around every corner passing out l.o.i.s to make him look like hes doing his job.

question answered 1.yes 2. Yes , these carriers are ups freight, fedex freight, abfs, and yrc which is still in buisness paying ot. 3. Yes, 4. Yes 5. Yes..i will be more of a number because their wont be a white shirt hiding around every corner passing out l.o.i.s to make him look like hes doing his job.

i still doubt it

Rumors are speading like wildfire on this. It's being said that some SC's have gone Union. I was asked to get on here and get as much info as I could to see what is true/false. So far I'm reading that some SC are just meeting? Thank in advance.

for as long as you have been on here you should know better than to think you could find what's true and what's false. Maybe what's opinion, maybe. I think there may be an opinion or two floating around here.

GENEROUSLY BESTOWED???

Now, THAT'S funny!!!

I thought it was part of our compensation package. I thought it was earned much like our other "benefits" like a pension, health insurance, and wages. I just pray that our leaders never betray our trust by reneging on their word.

Have you astounded people all of your life?