XPO | LTU and the union

how do you know?are you in negotions with corprate and the teamsters or something,dang fill us in,what are we getting?dont keep us waiting.

In a negotiation both sides come to the table wanting the same things. You want to make more. The company wants to make more. You have to give up a good bit to get anything.

I have worked for UFCW and teamsters in three different stints. I was a steward for 4 years. I have been there and done that. You people are naive.

In a negotiation both sides come to the table wanting the same things. You want to make more. The company wants to make more. You have to give up a good bit to get anything.

I have worked for UFCW and teamsters in three different stints. I was a steward for 4 years. I have been there and done that. You people are naive.
so you couldnt make it there,not my problem,good luck on you next job search,[sign a card vote yes]

I thought you said you you used to work as a day labor with the illegals that lived next door and bagged groceries before you came here. Now you were a shop steward for 4 years???

A union can't and won't give you all of that. Good luck on the OT. No chance on eliminating sub-service. Sure you will get some job protection but saftey violations ( the bucket list ) will still get you fired. Everything would be negotiated. If you want better health care. It will cost you wages. The more wages you make. The more benefits it will cost you. You don't get to make demands. You get to bargain.
boy,then why are ups,abf,HIGHER PAID AND BETTER INS AND BENNIES AND CHEAPER BENNIES,AND PENSION?sob-service wouldn't be eliminated,but it would BE CUT-DOWN and spelled out what percentage could be used,wages and bennies would be contracted and not TAKEN AT WILL,i would have said-given or taken-but they haven't GIVEN in 3 1/2 years

nice catch radman,guess another POSER goes by the wayside

The grocery store was UFCW. I was a steward there. To pick up money when times were tight, I would do the labor. When Con-way fired me in 2008 I did some more labor. So what ? How is that being a poser ? I am damn near 40. I have been working since I was 14. I have had several jobs.

so you couldnt make it there,not my problem,good luck on you next job search,[sign a card vote yes]

I made it there quite well. But they paid quite a bit less than con-way. I came here to get AWAY from the union.

I signed my card in 1997. You people are naive.

Since you were union at the grocery, would you say that you were better paid and had better benefits than the people working at the Wal-mart grocery store? From what I understand, checkers at union grocery stores are paid pretty good for what they do and from what I understand, checkers at Wal-mart are not paid pretty good. What would you say???

boy,then why are ups,abf,HIGHER PAID AND BETTER INS AND BENNIES AND CHEAPER BENNIES,AND PENSION?sob-service wouldn't be eliminated,but it would BE CUT-DOWN and spelled out what percentage could be used,wages and bennies would be contracted and not TAKEN AT WILL,i would have said-given or taken-but they haven't GIVEN in 3 1/2 years

Every time you mention UPS in this con-way forum 1000 babies die. We are not UPS. They are enormous and extremely profitable. And do PARCEL service. You want to deliver mail?

ABF will be doing a give back. They have been pressuring the employees for a while now. They have also gone slow lately. At least the terminal near me has. I wish them luck.

Since you were union at the grocery, would you say that you were better paid and had better benefits than the people working at the Wal-mart grocery store? From what I understand, checkers at union grocery stores are paid pretty good for what they do and from what I understand, checkers at Wal-mart are not paid pretty good. What would you say???

We had quite a few people quit to work at Wal-mart. Regular employees and managers. Everytime wal-mart opens a new store they head hunt in the existing competition. In ohio here, wal-mart pays as well or better than everyone else. As far as grocery and general merchandise and cashiers and so on goes. I am not saying they are making big money. But as good or better than comparable stores. Yes.

We had quite a few people quit to work at Wal-mart. Regular employees and managers. Everytime wal-mart opens a new store they head hunt in the existing competition. In ohio here, wal-mart pays as well or better than everyone else. As far as grocery and general merchandise and cashiers and so on goes. I am not saying they are making big money. But as good or better than comparable stores. Yes.

Thats interesting, thank you for the reply.

Thats interesting, thank you for the reply.

Your welcome.

It's clear you haven't been in a union before or you would know. From the union gospel. Book of we all hate wal-mart.

First wal-mart comes in and takes all the good help. Then they take all the business. And then all the other stores close. And then they raise prices and slash wages and benefits. Destroying homes and cities by crushing the economic foundation. Wal-mart is pure evil and not to be spoken.

They just haven't established the monopoly here - yet.

The grocery store was UFCW. I was a steward there. To pick up money when times were tight, I would do the labor. When Con-way fired me in 2008 I did some more labor. So what ? How is that being a poser ? I am damn near 40. I have been working since I was 14. I have had several jobs.
you were fired in 2008,hmmm,so your not a conway employee.

you were fired in 2008,hmmm,so your not a conway employee.

Ohio is a right to work state. No lay offs. At the end of 2008 there was a large restructuring. Many of us lost our jobs. Maybe you haven't been here loong enough to know about that. They closed several terminals. It was fairly significant.

I was rehired end of April 2009.

Ohio is a right to work state. No lay offs. At the end of 2008 there was a large restructuring. Many of us lost our jobs. Maybe you haven't been here loong enough to know about that. They closed several terminals. It was fairly significant.

ok just asking,usually fired means not for rehire and i said usually,and if we were union,you would have laid off and came back with your senority correct,and you fill in the blanks.

you are correct,i havnt been around long at all,mabee you can school me on how this company works seeins how i havnt been around very long and all.

you are correct,i havnt been around long at all,mabee you can school me on how this company works seeins how i havnt been around very long and all.

please clarify, what the double hockey sticks are you trying to say.

I've never seen it in print, but I knew it was a word... seeins.. seeins how you don't know what he is talking about, you might need a dictionary. That's Jeff Foxworthy right there.. seeins how he is famous. I love that word..

in a right to work state there are lay offs. its just with conway they would rather use economically terminated. that way they can say they have never had layed offs. plus when they hire you back you go back to the bottom, pay, benefits, seniority. this way they don't have to train new hires (saves the company money) great for the company bottom line, bad for employee morale...