XPO | LTU and the union

you forgot about the other one accused of stealing time,and was placed out of service and quit before the hearing,he said screw this he did not have to put up with the B>S any longer,thats conway for you, oh and by the way he was not organizing and did not think we needed a union,who is next ? he thought he was in with mgt and had no worries,we are all just a number WAKE UP.

If he wasn't stealing time why did he quit? I don't know the guy but usually innocent people don't quit when wrongly accused.

I heard about this incident. 4 got pulled in on the carpet and discipline prevailed. Fom said they could have been washing the windows while fueling. What a bunch of b.s. And they wonder why people are signing the cards and quitting.
i thought you werent supposed to leave the fuel nozzle while fueling company rules , make up your minds

yea true but he may be like alot of people and are tired of the bull sht you mgt people just dont get it

I Agree their does come a point where F : it not worth the stress headaches anymore and sometimes in the heat of the moment you just get to that point and walk out I have been close to it !!

LTU UPDATE!
You've asked for it , and here it is. Due to company pro filings of certain individuals and terminations, we've backed off the the board for a while. Recently our well respected city p and d dispatcher, quit and went to Arkansas Best Freight Lines for a better Pay package and free insurance premiums. As a white shirt, he treated us as his own brother. I wish him the best. Now the bad, his replacement is our old inbound FOS, that has temper tantrums and throws furniture around the office and basically tells us our input don't mean s**t. Tells us to take our lunch after our shift, and treats us like gutter trash. We, the drivers are trying to make his job easier, and he has already assumed that we have no intelligence in this line of work. So be it hero! The SCM has talked to him twice now, maybe third times a charm, I doubt it. No DSR respects this guy, and in return we have went ahead and filed for a roster count with the NLRB. We, CONWAY, have had enough.

Just want to say hi & intro myself. I was on here years ago under another name, of course I forgot the user & psswrd for that one, so i simply re-registered. I'm in my
9th yr with conway north of the border. I received an email from the boards admin about handheld devices & the law, so I popped in to see whats what.
wow what a shock to see whats going on! I can say that at one of Candas lrgst terminals, I have heard absolutely ZERO about unions. We are looking forward to the "ICP" payout in Feb. When I go in tomorrow I'll be asking some of our LH guys what they here. i feel like a mushroom about now!!

Just want to say hi & intro myself. I was on here years ago under another name, of course I forgot the user & psswrd for that one, so i simply re-registered. I'm in my
9th yr with conway north of the border. I received an email from the boards admin about handheld devices & the law, so I popped in to see whats what.
wow what a shock to see whats going on! I can say that at one of Candas lrgst terminals, I have heard absolutely ZERO about unions. We are looking forward to the "ICP" payout in Feb. When I go in tomorrow I'll be asking some of our LH guys what they here. i feel like a mushroom about now!!

you haven't missed anything. By spending time here you will be treated like a finely manicured lawn instead of a mushroom... still fed a lot of sh$t but after all the back and forth posturing of opinions you will appear to have stripes on your back from the manipulation.

just be careful when choosing a lawn-care provider. Slimy's Lawn Job is one to avoid... predictably always attempts to mow in the same direction and never hesitates to inform you he knows what's best for all lawns in the neighborhood. Oh, and then there's the Rodent... he's moved on but once in a while he will stop back by and offer his services. It will take a little longer for him to finish with his big fancy equipment (a lot of effort but always the same predictable one-directional results).

I like the way you always bring my name up, when I'm not even commenting. You know i'm not stupid. You know that what I say is true. A union would be the beginning of the down fall of this company right now. Now is not the time. It's looks like another recession is looming, and I don't want to have lots of lay-offs because our company can't compete with OD or fdx. And you know that.
You and all of the other posters whom want this, are just looking for some kind of satisfaction..possibly for always getting into trouble at work or having somebody say something negative to you.

With all due respect, the only thing I want is a decent place to work, a decent wage to earn, and an opportunity to advance in my income as I show more loyalty to my company by staying here and working. And as things are going, it appears that mgmt is painting an "everything is rosy and looking up" here at Con-way and frankly, I'm not buying. Our quarterly numbers have been going up, and yet we have one of the lowest pay scales in the LTL industry. As a city driver, I work about 47-49 hours a week. If I worked in a "normal" industry, that means I would get 7-9 hours of overtime a week at time+1/2. But here at Con-way, it means I'm anywhere from 3-1 hours away from overtime. Heck, even at FDX you get overtime after 8!! Talked to an ABF city driver the other day, is on track to make 85k this year in the CITY. Linehaul here tops out at what, 49 cpm? That's 12 cpm less than what an ABF linehaul driver makes at top rate, and he doesn't have to work the dock when he gets to his outbound FAC. He is a DRIVER. That's it. I don't understand the disconnect. I've never been pro-union, but when I see folks at other companies (both union and non) making so much more than us while we're doing such a great job creating profit here, I just have to shake my head a little.

not dear old deeeewayne is it?
LTU UPDATE!
You've asked for it , and here it is. Due to company pro filings of certain individuals and terminations, we've backed off the the board for a while. Recently our well respected city p and d dispatcher, quit and went to Arkansas Best Freight Lines for a better Pay package and free insurance premiums. As a white shirt, he treated us as his own brother. I wish him the best. Now the bad, his replacement is our old inbound FOS, that has temper tantrums and throws furniture around the office and basically tells us our input don't mean s**t. Tells us to take our lunch after our shift, and treats us like gutter trash. We, the drivers are trying to make his job easier, and he has already assumed that we have no intelligence in this line of work. So be it hero! The SCM has talked to him twice now, maybe third times a charm, I doubt it. No DSR respects this guy, and in return we have went ahead and filed for a roster count with the NLRB. We, CONWAY, have had enough.

Now here is a guy that is beginning to see the light !
Why should you be a second class employee in what many here claim is a first class outfit.
I truly believe after seeing the way your board of directors do business that your best interests are not being represented by them.
Not trying to use the U word because it upsets so many narrow minded people here. But if more of you would stand up and stick together things may just change for you and your family. .
With all due respect, the only thing I want is a decent place to work, a decent wage to earn, and an opportunity to advance in my income as I show more loyalty to my company by staying here and working. And as things are going, it appears that mgmt is painting an "everything is rosy and looking up" here at Con-way and frankly, I'm not buying. Our quarterly numbers have been going up, and yet we have one of the lowest pay scales in the LTL industry. As a city driver, I work about 47-49 hours a week. If I worked in a "normal" industry, that means I would get 7-9 hours of overtime a week at time+1/2. But here at Con-way, it means I'm anywhere from 3-1 hours away from overtime. Heck, even at FDX you get overtime after 8!! Talked to an ABF city driver the other day, is on track to make 85k this year in the CITY. Linehaul here tops out at what, 49 cpm? That's 12 cpm less than what an ABF linehaul driver makes at top rate, and he doesn't have to work the dock when he gets to his outbound FAC. He is a DRIVER. That's it. I don't understand the disconnect. I've never been pro-union, but when I see folks at other companies (both union and non) making so much more than us while we're doing such a great job creating profit here, I just have to shake my head a little.

Maybe the fact that drivers work the FAC is why we are making money and everyone else isn't? Less employees to pay and no wait time. Isn't Fed Ex going to our model of FAC? We must be doing something right.

Maybe the fact that drivers work the FAC is why we are making money and everyone else isn't? Less employees to pay and no wait time. Isn't Fed Ex going to our model of FAC? We must be doing something right.

FedEx already uses our model of FAC, and last I checked, ABF is making a modest profit, have for 2 straight quarters, and their drivers make considerably more than us. And touch considerably less!

FedEx already uses our model of FAC, and last I checked, ABF is making a modest profit, have for 2 straight quarters, and their drivers make considerably more than us. And touch considerably less!
ABF made just over 1 million 3rd quarter if I recall. It was their first profit this year.

ABF here by us has laid off a bunch. 40 or so. We haven't done that since 2008.

Maybe down south you guys are that far off. Up north here we are very competitive. And we do get the OT. Our senior clock suckers are getting 80-85K a year in the city.

Road drivers get 56 cents a mile. The senior guys are getting 85-90K a year.

If you want to be a driver. And a real truck driver. Buy yourself a truck and go do it. 100% of the money you clear will be yours.

As our profits have recovered they have reinstated our wage cuts and bought a lot of new equipment. How is that not reinvesting in what gets the job done ?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to make a million dollars a year. But I am just a truck driver. I am willing to be rational.

Maybe down south you guys are that far off. Up north here we are very competitive. And we do get the OT. Our senior clock suckers are getting 80-85K a year in the city.

If you want to be a driver. And a real truck driver. Buy yourself a truck and go do it. 100% of the money you clear will be yours.

As our profits have recovered they have reinstated our wage cuts and bought a lot of new equipment. How is that not reinvesting in what gets the job done ?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to make a million dollars a year. But I am just a truck driver. I am willing to be rational.

Yeah, what he said.

Yeah, us guys down south ARE that far off. Top pay is $21.50/hr with o/t after 50. Top linehaul pay I believe is $.49/mile. Sure, our senior guys make more than I do, and I expect that. And you must have missed what I've said in an earlier post, I've been a "real" truck driver, whatever the hell that means. I still consider myself a "real" truck driver, since I drive one every day. Beer, are you not a "real" truck driver? Do you just pretend to drive a truck? I don't know about you, but just because "I'm just a truck driver" doesn't mean that I just accept my lot in life and I'm just gonna accept what I get. Heck no! I want to get as much for my services as I possibly can, the same way this company does from it's customers! It's called capitalism!

Yeah, you guys up north are competitive to the union outfits, you have to be or this company would be IBT already. But down here in the South, it's a different ball game. I'm gonna make about 45k this year in the city, which isn't bad, but I've scraped for every hour I could get my hands on and taken shuttle l/h runs from our barn to Atlanta (37 miles down, 39 back) whenever I could get them just to get to where I'm at. I've worked as much dock time as possible on outbound, and I guess I'd do it again to see my family succeed. I've volunteered to come in and work inbound for p/t dockworker pay, but my tm won't let me b/c of the seniority issue. When I see other outfits (even non-union, because believe me, I would much rather us NOT be Teamsters) make more than me, in some cases A LOT more than me without having to do any dock work, being a true DRIVER, not a glorified dock worker... I guess it does get me down a little. And, before you tell me "well why don't you go work for them", I've tried. Guess what... they're not hiring. Go figure. Probably because their drivers are making good wages and don't want to leave!

Lay off the southern guy's because it is BS that they make less than we do and they put there pants on every morning just like you do and work the same number of hours as you do, if they can get them. I would be ticked to if I worked for the SAME company but my services aren't worth as much as your's. The reason we get paid more in the central is because it's stronger union country up here. Period. This stuff about want to be "a real truck driver" WTF. "our clock suckers are getting 85-85K" There making as much as they can and you fault them, but when the company tries to sqeeze every single penny out of us, well I'm willing to be rational, I'm just a truck driver???