XPO | LTU and the union

A lot of us in the north we're surprised the men in the south were not getting their fair share but union rep has always been week in the south so no competition and the big corps took advantage of u men

man, you're easy...

raincoats?, these may become available through the safety points and/or company store. Once again, what if there were e-certificates for alternate/accessory uniform items?
Raincoats? Gloves? I wish the management would start to wear a raincoat. I'm getting tired of wiping the blue goop from my butt. At least it hasn't heart for the past 5 years.

Raincoats? Gloves? I wish the management would start to wear a raincoat. I'm getting tired of wiping the blue goop from my butt. At least it hasn't heart for the past 5 years.

I believe they have been adding abrasive particulates. Don't understand why as this causes wear and tear, and premature failure.

a city driver went into and ask our hr man what was up with the union talk - and he also asked about overtime after 8 hrs - hr man said that there would not be any overtime pay cause conway wasnt setup to pay overtime and that they would just hire more workers - but it seems strange that the southern region of conway is the only one that doesn't get overtime pay after 8 so more lies by mgmt, i will take a contract what about yall.

And they wonder why the driver turnover rate is so high. Your HR man doesnt want the union because it comes with ot, excellent wages, premium health care , and a retirement. If your SC is organized with a contract, your white shirt, HR buddy would not have a job because no one would quit and go to a competitor that offers these benefits. So all you con-fused drivers keep listening to their lies:nono_h4h:....change is coming hahahaha

do any of you guys really think if the union got going they would leave that barn open or any other barn, your worried about harrasment you better worry about lock out and shut down they did it once before and they will and have no problem doing it again so go ahead and sign the card for a vote and at the same time better head down to the unemployment hall this place dont need a union they need workers who dont try harder at not working then if they woud just do there jobs
What they did before was shut all whole company (CEX). I dont think they will do that again, it would result in no income at all. The strong arm they used with CF is they had income from us. I'm just saying.

And they wonder why the driver turnover rate is so high. Your HR man doesnt want the union because it comes with ot, excellent wages, premium health care , and a retirement. If your SC is organized with a contract, your white shirt, HR buddy would not have a job because no one would quit and go to a competitor that offers these benefits. So all you con-fused drivers keep listening to their lies:nono_h4h:....change is coming hahahaha

The union comes with what?
So who's confused, and listening to what lies?

Do you think that you just sign the magical, mystical card and a labor fairy will fly down and taps it's wand. Poof! you have more money and benefits? Ya missed a few steps there Sparky

You don't want to negotiate with your employer so you go and sign a contract with someone else to do it for you. Remember, first you sign a legal contract with them to represent you, a "legal contract", a binding agreement no matter how successful they are or aren't at getting you what you say you are entitled to. Then they go and NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT FOR YOU. N E G O T I A T E, look it up Sparky. Oh, while you have you pictionary out, look up decertification. That's kinda of important also.

i have no buddies in mgmt, you are correct on the turnover ratio,it would be very low ,the days of if you dnt like it quit would stop if mgnt doesnt like it they can quit.you are correct on eveything you said,eexcept the the my buddy stuff.

more scare tactics , conway does what they when they want with a contract that will stop. scrare tactics arnt working any more try again.

The union comes with what?
So who's confused, and listening to what lies?

Do you think that you just sign the magical, mystical card and a labor fairy will fly down and taps it's wand. Poof! you have more money and benefits? Ya missed a few steps there Sparky

You don't want to negotiate with your employer so you go and sign a contract with someone else to do it for you. Remember, first you sign a legal contract with them to represent you, a "legal contract", a binding agreement no matter how successful they are or aren't at getting you what you say you are entitled to. Then they go and NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT FOR YOU. N E G O T I A T E, look it up Sparky. Oh, while you have you pictionary out, look up decertification. That's kinda of important also.

What makes you think Conway will negotiate with a dsr? Maybe I should go talk to our VVT teamabout my concerns, they will make it better. Oh yes, please take our linehauls away, our benefits, our extra shipments, our 401K, and sky rocket our insurance. Are you serious? Are you a white shirt? I bet You are. You cannot justify everything going on unless you have a carpeted office in Ann Harbor and makin 7 figures. When you haul freight for free, the driver pays the price everytime. So keep discounting Conway....We got your back.....NOT.

No overtime pay until after 50 hours worked... Then at 49 1/2 are sent home or given a short linehaul run. And we are not allowed to take breaks period! The mgrs claim that breaks are not recommended at our barn... This is a fun place to work and yes they are hiring.
love the mgnt there on the fac real winners

What they did before was shut all whole company (CEX). I dont think they will do that again, it would result in no income at all. The strong arm they used with CF is they had income from us. I'm just saying.

You are correct. After you pay for premium health insurance and invest for your own retirement, every DSR is making about $15 an hour. What a great place to work. Im am so happy they keep investing in themselves with my money.What else can we give em to monoplolize the market? We gotta figure out a way to be the only ltl carrier in america. I got an idea. How about free labor. Our drivers will love it. WE will always have a job.... until your third strike. LETS ORGANIZE and stop the madness. This crap is gonna get worse if we keep our heads in the sand.

i hope to see more and more ltu drivers at the next union meeting keep your ears open or ask around for date,time and location

What makes you think Conway will negotiate with a dsr? Maybe I should go talk to our VVT teamabout my concerns, they will make it better. Oh yes, please take our linehauls away, our benefits, our extra shipments, our 401K, and sky rocket our insurance. Are you serious? Are you a white shirt? I bet You are. You cannot justify everything going on unless you have a carpeted office in Ann Harbor and makin 7 figures. When you haul freight for free, the driver pays the price everytime. So keep discounting Conway....We got your back.....NOT.

Accusing a driver of being a white shirt because he doesn't agree with your cause is getting old. From what I'm seeing, the drivers arguing from a pro-company position are making sounder and more credible arguments than are those who are arguing from a pro-union position. Even if we were whiteshirts, which we're not, what we say is what to be concerned with, not who we are.

You are correct. After you pay for premium health insurance and invest for your own retirement, every DSR is making about $15 an hour. What a great place to work. Im am so happy they keep investing in themselves with my money.What else can we give em to monoplolize the market? We gotta figure out a way to be the only ltl carrier in america. I got an idea. How about free labor. Our drivers will love it. WE will always have a job.... until your third strike. LETS ORGANIZE and stop the madness. This crap is gonna get worse if we keep our heads in the sand.

Spoken like a true leader....of an anti-company lynch mob that is.

(We are)making sounder and more credible arguments than are those who are arguing from a pro-union position. Even if we were whiteshirts, which we're not, what we say is what to be concerned with, not who we are.
Who is arguing matters. It determines what your interest are. If you work for Con-Way , you should want the best for that company pro or anti union. You just disagree on how to get the best for Con-Way. If you are anti or pro union read the post in this forum and all of the other LTL forums. There are problems either way , and many have nothing to do money. Just one example - subservice is a big issue, but in the city in my area I see other non-union tractors pulling UPS Freight trailers and YRC trailers and they peddle with them. Check the other forums , they have guys sitting at home while this goes on.

Who is arguing matters. It determines what your interest are. If you work for Con-Way , you should want the best for that company pro or anti union. You just disagree on how to get the best for Con-Way. If you are anti or pro union read the post in this forum and all of the other LTL forums. There are problems either way , and many have nothing to do money. Just one example - subservice is a big issue, but in the city in my area I see other non-union tractors pulling UPS Freight trailers and YRC trailers and they peddle with them. Check the other forums , they have guys sitting at home while this goes on.

I challenge you to prove this statement about non-union cos. pulling YRC trailers, and peddling their freight.