Mainer attacked by rabid raccoon drowns it in puddle

SuperCourse

It's About The Borders - Idiot
Credits
The raccoon sank its teeth into Borch’s thumb and “wouldn’t let go.” Its paws were scratching her arms and legs wildly as Borch screamed and cried.

In a matter of seconds, Borch, who could not unhinge the raccoon’s jaw to shake it off her hand, noticed that when she had dropped her phone, it had fallen into a puddle in the path and was fully submerged.

“I didn’t think I could strangle [the raccoon] with my bare hands,” she remembers thinking, but holding it under the water might do the trick.

Connecting the dots quickly, Borch, then on her knees, dragged the still biting raccoon, which was scratching frantically at her hand and arms, into the puddle.

“With my thumb in its mouth, I just pushed its head down into the muck,” Borch said.

With the animal belly-up, she held its head under water. “It was still struggling and clawing at my arms. It wouldn’t let go of my thumb,” she said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/...ked-by-raccoon-drowns-rabid-animal-in-puddle/

The raccoon sank its teeth into Borch’s thumb and “wouldn’t let go.” Its paws were scratching her arms and legs wildly as Borch screamed and cried.

In a matter of seconds, Borch, who could not unhinge the raccoon’s jaw to shake it off her hand, noticed that when she had dropped her phone, it had fallen into a puddle in the path and was fully submerged.

“I didn’t think I could strangle [the raccoon] with my bare hands,” she remembers thinking, but holding it under the water might do the trick.

Connecting the dots quickly, Borch, then on her knees, dragged the still biting raccoon, which was scratching frantically at her hand and arms, into the puddle.

“With my thumb in its mouth, I just pushed its head down into the muck,” Borch said.

With the animal belly-up, she held its head under water. “It was still struggling and clawing at my arms. It wouldn’t let go of my thumb,” she said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/...ked-by-raccoon-drowns-rabid-animal-in-puddle/
If you have never had dealings with a Raccoon, they can be one of the most vicious little critters around.
They will actually drown young dogs that does not have the savy to handle one.
My father in law was a big coon hunter, not my cup of tea, never would go on his hunt.
We have 2 or 3 Rabies cases a year in our area, Foxes and Raccoons

If you have never had dealings with a Raccoon, they can be one of the most vicious little critters around.
They will actually drown young dogs that does not have the savy to handle one.
My father in law was a big coon hunter, not my cup of tea, never would go on his hunt.
We have 2 or 3 Rabies cases a year in our area, Foxes and Raccoons

She said it was like the Tasmanian devil. Pretty quick thinking on her part, some would have just freaked out and ran around screaming.

38319041_H20637068-600x450.jpg

She said it was like the Tasmanian devil. Pretty quick thinking on her part, some would have just freaked out and ran around screaming.

38319041_H20637068-600x450.jpg
:33:
I just downed a coon mid day last week at the vacant house across the street. It was over there walking in circles. I had to get the binocs out to see what it was and when I got there it was on its side breathing heavy. It screamed like a banshee after the first shot, took three to finally kill it with the .22.

I trapped a few in my horse barn with a have-a-heart trap.
My wife has 4 cats that live in the barn & the raccoons come for the cat food.
I take them out on my county line about 15 miles away & let them run off into the woods.
I leave the trap door open on my tail gate & stay in my pickup till I see them take off in my mirror.
I know if you don't take them far enough from your place,they'll find their way back.

They usually don't look very mean in the trap ,but there is no way I'd take any chances,as they are wild animals.

:33:
I just downed a coon mid day last week at the vacant house across the street. It was over there walking in circles. I had to get the binocs out to see what it was and when I got there it was on its side breathing heavy. It screamed like a banshee after the first shot, took three to finally kill it with the .22.

Had a skunk staggering around my yard a few years ago. Didn't want to mess with it so I just called animal control, they shot it with an overdose of tranquilizer, it went peacefully.

I trapped a few in my horse barn with a have-a-heart trap.
My wife has 4 cats that live in the barn & the raccoons come for the cat food.
I take them out on my county line about 15 miles away & let them run off into the woods.
I leave the trap door open on my tail gate & stay in my pickup till I see them take off in my mirror.
I know if you don't take them far enough from your place,they'll find their way back.

They usually don't look very mean in the trap ,but there is no way I'd take any chances,as they are wild animals.
I'm good with relocating most animals that I catch but raccoons are no longer on my relocate list. First off they pissed me off royal with the amount of yard that the clawed into the trap 'til I got to them. They must have had 20 lbs of sod in there with them. :ranting2: Then I googled them up and found that in some places it's even illegal to relocate them so now it's just the end of the road for them.

I'm good with relocating most animals that I catch but raccoons are no longer on my relocate list. First off they pissed me off royal with the amount of yard that the clawed into the trap 'til I got to them. They must have had 20 lbs of sod in there with them. :ranting2: Then I googled them up and found that in some places it's even illegal to relocate them so now it's just the end of the road for them.

You're right,it is illegal to relocate them here in N C,because the spread of Rabies although I still do, if they are healthy
If you think they tear up sod, set your trap on carpet,unbelievable how it will shred.

I have no sod issues I trap them in the horse barn.

I'm not sure about the relocation issue,I'd rather not know if New York has a law about it.
Although knowing my State they have so many laws,just waking up in the morning may even be illegal.
Its really hard being a law abiding citizen in NY with all of their laws.

So I'll just keep taking them out to my county line & letting them go in the woods til somebody tells me I can't.