XPO | Maintence!

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Wtf is going on. We have 7 broken down units at our barn, we are unable to get them fixed it seems waiting on approvals for work and we can not rent tractors as per home office. The equipment looks like hell , never washed and rusted to ::shit::. What is going on? We can not service our freight and we are losing customers. I know it's not the fault of our mechanics and I am not even going to point the finger at them. It seems there is a stranglehold on spending. I won't even get into the buildings that look like 3 rd world facilities anymore. Where is the pride in the fleet.
We are as busy as hell and can't get the job done do to faultering equipment and dock facility. I know saving money is one thing but who is going to pay for all of this deterioration in the end. I am dumbfounded by it.
I'm all ears if someone has some rational to explain this and I here other barns going through the same.

If it's like this and the economy is doing well , what will it be like when things slow down? You will need a team of Clydesdales to pull your trailers ( and then you won't get food and water to feed them )

I think some facility maintenance items are up to the local tm. Yes, they need approval, but I think some tm’s Just don’t want to spend any more then they have to. The less they spend on expenses, the better their numbers. And we all know how important those are. I am fortunate to have a shop (a darn good one) at my terminal so our equipment issues are being resolved for the most part as normal. We have equipment washed once a month or so as normal. Dock plates and most other things are also getting taken care of, but minimal so as to save money. Moral at my place sucks pretty bad due to a previous pay issue for the drivers as well as a very non-caring type attitude by most of us. Add the shortage of drivers and CSR’s and FOS’s and it’s pretty bad.

Wtf is going on. We have 7 broken down units at our barn, we are unable to get them fixed it seems waiting on approvals for work and we can not rent tractors as per home office. The equipment looks like hell , never washed and rusted to :::shit:::. What is going on? We can not service our freight and we are losing customers. I know it's not the fault of our mechanics and I am not even going to point the finger at them. It seems there is a stranglehold on spending. I won't even get into the buildings that look like 3 rd world facilities anymore. Where is the pride in the fleet.
We are as busy as hell and can't get the job done do to faultering equipment and dock facility. I know saving money is one thing but who is going to pay for all of this deterioration in the end. I am dumbfounded by it.
I'm all ears if someone has some rational to explain this and I here other barns going through the same.
Bradley buys,makes all the #s look good,then sells,no more contracted sub-service vans,liability to the numbers,all the mechanics(the ones that haven't quit) say they can only fix things minimally,have to let some issues go,paid $3 billion,sold truckload for about 1/2 billion,supposedly saved 1/2 billion on IT,didn't buy any tractors in 2018,thinking he didn't realize this business is way more involved than he tthought

Bradley buys,makes all the #s look good,then sells,no more contracted sub-service vans,liability to the numbers,all the mechanics(the ones that haven't quit) say they can only fix things minimally,have to let some issues go,paid $3 billion,sold truckload for about 1/2 billion,supposedly saved 1/2 billion on IT,didn't buy any tractors in 2018,thinking he didn't realize this business is I way more involved than he tthought

We are losing good mechanics, they can only due what their told to do within a strict stranglehold on spending.
I think it is more cost intensive than he may of thought but that's only my guess. We are definitely at a crossroad as to what the future is going to look like because this is not substainable.

I think some facility maintenance items are up to the local tm. Yes, they need approval, but I think some tm’s Just don’t want to spend any more then they have to. The less they spend on expenses, the better their numbers. And we all know how important those are. I am fortunate to have a shop (a darn good one) at my terminal so our equipment issues are being resolved for the most part as normal. We have equipment washed once a month or so as normal. Dock plates and most other things are also getting taken care of, but minimal so as to save money. Moral at my place sucks pretty bad due to a previous pay issue for the drivers as well as a very non-caring type attitude by most of us. Add the shortage of drivers and CSR’s and FOS’s and it’s pretty bad.
I agree it is better at the barns that have existing shops from other I have heard.
Our trucks were washed once this year back in March.

We are having continuing pay issues weekly and that's from the guys that check their pay stubs , some still don't. I can understand system changes as an issue but this has been going on way to long for that. Companies this size especially one that touts it's IT prowess don't have these issues ongoing.

Wtf is going on. We have 7 broken down units at our barn, we are unable to get them fixed it seems waiting on approvals for work and we can not rent tractors as per home office. The equipment looks like hell , never washed and rusted to :::shit:::. What is going on? We can not service our freight and we are losing customers. I know it's not the fault of our mechanics and I am not even going to point the finger at them. It seems there is a stranglehold on spending. I won't even get into the buildings that look like 3 rd world facilities anymore. Where is the pride in the fleet.
I don't think it's waiting for approval. I think it's more the shop are tired of waiting for there money on jobs already done. At XHG there local shop towed one of the jockey truck to there shop for repairs and keep that there till the bill was paid. From what I hear is now 90 days.
The are soooo concerned about saving a few buck on a repair it's costing more in the long run by jave thw truck sit for 2+ days.
Tripping over stacks of 100s to pick up a few dollars

I don't think it's waiting for approval. I think it's more the shop are tired of waiting for there money on jobs already done. At XHG there local shop towed one of the jockey truck to there shop for repairs and keep that there till the bill was paid. From what I hear is now 90 days.
The are soooo concerned about saving a few buck on a repair it's costing more in the long run by jave thw truck sit for 2+ days.
Tripping over stacks of 100s to pick up a few dollars
It’s been net 90 for a while now. It’s been tough. We still can’t get service from our dealer, tried to order supplies, nope, pay the invoice from three months ago first, oh... facility maintenance. We were told we were allowed 400.00 a month for it. That doesn’t even cover a service call for the overhead door guy.

If it's like this and the economy is doing well , what will it be like when things slow down? You will need a team of Clydesdales to pull your trailers ( and then you won't get food and water to feed them )

The last time we lost a bunch of regionals and the President bailed we got sold off in a few months. Everything is right on schedule. Just like Jacobs said it would be.

That sounds just like it is here. And from other people I have talked too, we ain't the only ones.

Bradley buys,makes all the #s look good,then sells,no more contracted sub-service vans,liability to the numbers,all the mechanics(the ones that haven't quit) say they can only fix things minimally,have to let some issues go,paid $3 billion,sold truckload for about 1/2 billion,supposedly saved 1/2 billion on IT,didn't buy any tractors in 2018,thinking he didn't realize this business is way more involved than he tthought

Nope. He took all the money he could out of it, just in time to dump it on somebody else.

We are losing good mechanics, they can only due what their told to do within a strict stranglehold on spending.
I think it is more cost intensive than he may of thought but that's only my guess. We are definitely at a crossroad as to what the future is going to look like because this is not substainable.

It's not meant to be sustainable. It never was. It was to be as profitable as possible as immediately as possible and then discarded.

And then whomever purchases will.soon find out the numbers look good due to skinned back, overworked, unhappy employees.

Whatever is left, people, equipment or structures, will show the signs of wear and lack of attention. There ain't gonna be a whole lot left though. They have been incredibly thorough in the process. If they could get money out of this, they did.

Whatever is left, people, equipment or structures, will show the signs of wear and lack of attention. There ain't gonna be a whole lot left though. They have been incredibly thorough in the process. If they could get money out of this, they did.
Sucking the life out...... Geniuses isn't he.

About right.