Holland | Major Announcement Thursday Jan. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the last message from Russracer was not intended to be rude, loud, angry, upset, hateful or mean" thank you.... NOW ANSWER !!!!!!

ya, come on tell us, Ive been layed off for a month as of today and I'm real bored. I need to here something positive, all Ive been doing is reading these message boards and watching the stocks and waiting for my unemployment check!!!!!

You have to ask Benny it is his story, a good thread too!! It is keeping your mind off all the negativity that is going on. Good job!!!!

I had heard they are going to merge USF into Yellow/Roadway. I still think we are going to be bought out by G.O.D. trucking. Maybe then we will all be truly working for G.O.D.

Outsider here though I did work for Red Star. My guess is USF & New Penn are going to be merged while Yellow & Roadway are merged. Though this may not be a good thing for many.

Outsider here though I did work for Red Star. My guess is USF & New Penn are going to be merged while Yellow & Roadway are merged. Though this may not be a good thing for many.

Roadrunner73, New Penn is already under the USF umbrella. Also, there is very little overlapping area between New Penn and Holland. How do you figure they can be merged.

Now, about a Roadway and Yellow merger. This would be an extremely difficult thing to do logistically.
One of the biggest issues to overcome operationally would be facility capacity.
Say for example your area has a 100 door Yellow terminal operating at 80% capacity and the same for Roadway. In this case you'd be looking at a minimum of 160 doors just to keep up with the current freight levels which neither facility would have.

Although there are some areas where the 2 companies could be combined into one facility you've got to realize that to merge the 2 companies you would need adequate facilities nationwide which they do not have.

This is just one issue that makes me think a merger of both companies would not be as easy as many people think it would.

Ther aint gonna be no big announcement just another rumor that some driver that thinks he knows more than the rest of us when he actually knows less than the rest Benny is just sitting back and laughing at ya'll saying look what I started, he's got too much time on his hands with nothing else to do.

Ther aint gonna be no big announcement just another rumor that some driver that thinks he knows more than the rest of us when he actually knows less than the rest Benny is just sitting back and laughing at ya'll saying look what I started, he's got too much time on his hands with nothing else to do.

collard you always kill all the fun. and you are always right

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT THURSDAY JAN. 10
There will be a meeting at all YRC terminals this coming week, on Thursday. Good news at last? I think you'll like it. If someone makes the correct guess maybe I'll leak what the subject is about. Has anyone else heard about this yet?

Alright guys here is the truth... I have no ideal whats happening for sure. Several of you have PMed me and I will tell everybody what I told them. I was fishing to see if the rumor of some "Major Announcement" this Thursday was true or not. It may happen and it may not? I guess we'll see tomorrow. I didn't want to just post all the different rumors on what it was, but several people stated/guessed some good and bad ones I had heard before.

The most stated rumor was that....never mind you've probably already heard that one anyway. Thanks for all of the responses from everybody.

At noon on Jan 10 all employees are asked to stop their tractors and breakout their best tribute to Elvis HEARTBREAK HOTEL in honor of the date of recording of Jan 10 1956 ... AND if that isnt enough, Jerry Lee Lewis song GreatBalls of Fire finally reached number 1, and if that isnt enough reason to celebrate, go back to Jan 10 1982 when the Bengals beat the Chargers in -59 degree weather.. just find a reason to celebrate the 10th day of January 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.