Yellow | Man pinned to dock by trailer at 402

Shutter Down

TB Lurker
Credits
Prayers needed for maintenance worker who jumped down to do
some last minute welding. This will be a everyday post if they put production
on switchers.

Best wishes for the poor guy, hope he survives and come out of it OK.

I'm a city man out of 402 , this yard is not lit up enough . You got drivers 30 plus on the yard trying to impress someone . Switchers talking on the phone and I saw one texting !!! Unbelievable !!!! Then they'll get in a group block the flow of traffic and set there and shoot the breeze with their buddies

I'm a city man out of 402 , this yard is not lit up enough . You got drivers 30 plus on the yard trying to impress someone . Switchers talking on the phone and I saw one texting !!! Unbelievable !!!! Then they'll get in a group block the flow of traffic and set there and shoot the breeze with their buddies

OK...but what happened....and who was it....what is the latest?....KK

What happen was, maintenance guy jumped down off the dock is do a 30 second weld ,the dock plate was fully in up right position hostler backs up doesn't see him . Maintenance guy has his back toward hostler never seen him backing .... There was no safety cone out , no orange vest on , they still fired the switcher . I've known him for 25 plus years he's a very safe driver !! They kept the guy over night in hospital make sure no internal bleeding ... Last I heard he's fine . It was not the hostlers fault !!!

What happen was, maintenance guy jumped down off the dock is do a 30 second weld ,the dock plate was fully in up right position hostler backs up doesn't see him . Maintenance guy has his back toward hostler never seen him backing .... There was no safety cone out , no orange vest on , they still fired the switcher . I've known him for 25 plus years he's a very safe driver !! They kept the guy over night in hospital make sure no internal bleeding ... Last I heard he's fine . It was not the hostlers fault !!!

He is very, very lucky. Hope his condition improves. Let us know. Thanks!

They had to blame someone ! It will happen again, and again, lucky that this man will get to go home.! Maybe one of the dock walkers should have stood behind him like a traffic cone....wearing his vest.! They wouldn't missed one supervisor.....probably the only work he would do this month.

Total BS that at this company you are guilty untill proven innocent. Thats a load of crap.