New Penn | Management & clerks getting thrown out?

no wonder my TM has been acting like a little b*tch for the past 2 weeks. they got him shaking in his slacks :hysterical: as for Jim T., he is gone. someone is safety told one of our drivers " it was in his best interest to resign ". hmmmmmm

no wonder my TM has been acting like a little b*tch for the past 2 weeks. they got him shaking in his slacks. as for Jim T., he is gone. someone is safety told one of our drivers " it was in his best interest to resign ". hmmmmmm

it was probably take a pay cut and start billing alongside the girls that were left or there's the door !!!!:nutkick: nuthin personal it's just business.. no loyaty in management for sure
simply put all it is, is corporate shaving higher salaried liabilities:1036316054:
if he was in safety as it seems to be implied, saftey employees are usually the first to go as they seem to be the most expendable. amazingly most companies follow that pattern and then promote their slogan "safety first" well iguess it really may be "safety first" literally that is

if your TM is acting like a *itch maybe his numbers are not what they should be as most TMs are overly paranoid :butt kiss:ers
and are muy paranoid especially in slow economic periods :hide:
either that or his job maybe is being shipped over to india with the YRC non union billing work out of Ga.

Layoffs

Don't know about mgmt. But 5 dock/city drivers layed off this monday here in Baltimore. that makes 3 years in a row for me so they can :butt kiss:

Can you say Fedex motorhead? Just start looking around your area and get a job where the company is growing and breath easier.

layoffs

I understand, people all over are getting laid off and I was expecting it here like last year . But when some off the " BROTHERS " who have more time in are getting 50-55 hours a week something is wrong. The word brotherhood loses some of it's meaning.

OT

It is cheaper to pay OT and leave a man home. Add the benefits into it and you will see why YRCW chops the bottom of the board and works a bunch of OT.
Sorry buts its the Yellow way of business

actually, npme has always worked that way, you could never tell if we were busy or not when i worked the city, because if busy well, yes we were swamped and working ot, but if slow we cut city runs and you stayed out till you were filled or p/u's were done. that was just the way it was from the start, so most of us know nothing differant. only differance is we never for most part hired to many, so no l ay-offs.we were probably the opposite,didnt hire enough,but than there was a time we didn'thave to even advertise for help, now we seem to be begging at times. checking out work re-lease programs, makes me want to puke !!! so much for the elitie fleet!!!

It is cheaper to pay OT and leave a man home. Add the benefits into it and you will see why YRCW chops the bottom of the board and works a bunch of OT.
Sorry buts its the Yellow way of business

$23 per hour +14 h&w = $37
time and a half = $35 +
real big savings for sure

the real reason is simply the companies wish to stress out the H&W funds as much as they can
they feel they can weaken the union by doing that and create disent and chaos

$23 per hour +14 h&w = $37
time and a half = $35 +
real big savings for sure

the real reason is simply the companies wish to stress out the H&W funds as much as they can
they feel they can weaken the union by doing that and create disent and chaos
What you forgot there Big Steve Every time someone hits the clock it's for 8 hours minimum ...And what allnightrain said it's the . Newpenn way..There still making money and that's what counts....

What you forgot there Big Steve Every time someone hits the clock it's for 8 hours minimum ...And what allnightrain said it's the . Newpenn way..There still making money and that's what counts....

i didn't forget brother
but when you have 8 or more guys working excessive OT because of a manpower shortage there is no difference in economics if they worked less and another 1 or 2 guys worked instead
its not only new penn's philosophy but every company's
also the only real savings they realize is that one more truck and it's operating expenses are curtailed
but my point is that savings is negligble and missing deliveries and pick ups due to less manpower and trucks operating is far more impactive in a negative fashion then running another truck and paying another guy
they usually base manpower requirements on inbound freight figuring outbound will take care of itself
it never does as we all know
yes they are making money but they are short sighted as they could be making much much more
so my conclusion is the other motive i've stated in my previous post
weakening the union in this fashion although one of many factors, makes the union more pliable come contract negotiations and that is exactly what we have been experiencing the last 25 years or so
simply put when you put it all together ( all the tactics the company employs in undermining the union ) places a great deal of stress on its health

i didn't forget brother
but when you have 8 or more guys working excessive OT because of a manpower shortage there is no difference in economics if they worked less and another 1 or 2 guys worked instead
its not only new penn's philosophy but every company's
also the only real savings they realize is that one more truck and it's operating expenses are curtailed
but my point is that savings is negligble and missing deliveries and pick ups due to less manpower and trucks operating is far more impactive in a negative fashion then running another truck and paying another guy
they usually base manpower requirements on inbound freight figuring outbound will take care of itself
it never does as we all know
yes they are making money but they are short sighted as they could be making much much more
so my conclusion is the other motive i've stated in my previous post
weakening the union in this fashion although one of many factors, makes the union more pliable come contract negotiations and that is exactly what we have been experiencing the last 25 years or so
simply put when you put it all together ( all the tactics the company employs in undermining the union ) places a great deal of stress on its health[/QUOTE/

In years past benefits were cheaper and yet NPME still operated with plenty of overtime. It was good for everybody. Drivers were very well compensated and the seniority lists were kept at a reasonable level. This meant that layoffs were limited or non-existent in slow times.

It was, in fact, changes to the contract that the International wanted that forced the companies to expand the seniority lists.

In the past NPME made every effort to keep people working through slow times even at a cost to the company. Of course, that was NPME of the past as we are no longer owned and operated by people who have a lot of common sense.

"In years past benefits were cheaper and yet NPME still operated with plenty of overtime. It was good for everybody. Drivers were very well compensated and the seniority lists were kept at a reasonable level. This meant that layoffs were limited or non-existent in slow times.

It was, in fact, changes to the contract that the International wanted that forced the companies to expand the seniority lists.

In the past NPME made every effort to keep people working through slow times even at a cost to the company. Of course, that was NPME of the past as we are no longer owned and operated by people who have a lot of common sense.
"

yes that is true but expanding the union could only occur if the work was there.
the OT levels and the amount of cartage subcontracted out display that

during the slow times like you said they made every effort to keep guys working was a benefit more so for them and primarily that is why they did that
they wished to keep good drivers in the fold and our benefit was a byproduct of that thinking
if they walked guys consistenly they stood a chance of losing them to another carrier ( as there were many around at that time ) that is true back then than what we currently see
these carriers cartage out work heavily on Mon / Tues and Wens thru Fri walk the guys and since there are limited employment opportunities available they risk nothing

it seems like a sort of unintentional / intentional collusion by the carriers as that is currently a standard practice with all of them
the other side of the coin is the new hire rate as a deterent to leave whereas many choose to wait out the slow periods
add to that mix the "people currently running the show on the company side" and we got one deadly brew we are forced to drink