Yellow | Management

serta

TB Veteran
Credits
Since the change of Ops, we had a big shake up of management, all the old ones gone and all the young ones put into new positions. My question to all is:
Did this happen at your Barn? And hows it working out for you?

We got people who were dock supers and clerical personnel working relay, and I gotta tell you that they don't have a clue.Don't get me wrong, they're not bad people, just don't know how to do their job.

Here's an example. Was at a bed point last night, and the only man there. They paid me 2.5 layover, then dispatched me instead of waiting another 2hrs for their freight. Sent me to the first terminal with a set of empties to a terminal 93 miles away (south). That terminal, dropped me out, gave me a big boy empty and sent me back north to a terminal 50 miles a way. They inturn switch me from one box to another box, empty again, and send me 190 miles south. Well, as pass within 1 mile of our cheshire terminal (107), that almost always has freight to go to us or 135, I proceed to go to 190 carlstadt, and yes finally pick up a load. I proceed to my terminal 120 stroudsburg, 83 miles away and feel the satisfaction of making the company money. 416 miles, 333 empty, one load, and 4 terminals. Well I always say we make money by accident.

My God is the Duke back?
Sounds like something he would do!

I was reading this and thinking what a waste how can the company possibly make any money doing things this way. Is it slow for you guys or does it just boil down to poor management skills.

We had a big change in management before the change. At 671. Management is always is a panick here. They have cut so deep into them they are running around with there heads cut off or scared that they will get them chopped off. They can't plan five minuets in the future at all. They play when it comes in. The other night there were two city drivers that were sent back out on a 4.5 hour run and they were on and over there 8 hours. And about .5 hours later me and another driver came in only on our 5th and 4th hour and was sent on a 2.0 hour run. That don't figure. All this was done at midnight. No pressure from a customer at all. Just plain bad planning.

Smokestack said:
I was reading this and thinking what a waste how can the company possibly make any money doing things this way. Is it slow for you guys or does it just boil down to poor management skills.
They have no idea how to plan now at all SmokeStack. It is down right shamefull

Have to agree Toxic.

Yes I would have to say so ,
well as long as you guys keep getting your checks that is all thet matters .

Smokestack said:
No It's just poor management. I could give you a ton of examples, but it just boils down to them not knowing how to do their job properly. Hell, even when you give them a suggestion on how to do something, they don't wanna listen. But I can see how their 6 months of knowledge beats the umpteen years of the drivers.:razz:

serta said:
No It's just poor management. I could give you a ton of examples, but it just boils down to them not knowing how to do their job properly. Hell, even when you give them a suggestion on how to do something, they don't wanna listen. But I can see how their 6 months of knowledge beats the umpteen years of the drivers.:razz:
Hey serta, I hate to say this but what I have seen you can tell them until you are blue in the face and it doesn't matter. They are going to do what they think is right and until their azz is crawled by someone higher or get a greivence filed on them, they will continue to do these things. I hooked a set today that called for a full load and a empty going to 648. When I found a empty, guess where it came from.........yep 648. What can you do?? DS.

serta said:

"BINGO!"BROTHER ENUF SAID THERE :rockon: :rockon:

Docksteward said:
Hey serta, I hate to say this but what I have seen you can tell them until you are blue in the face and it doesn't matter. They are going to do what they think is right and until their azz is crawled by someone higher or get a greivence filed on them, they will continue to do these things. I hooked a set today that called for a full load and a empty going to 648. When I found a empty, guess where it came from.........yep 648. What can you do?? DS.

DS, ITS AMAZING THAT IF ITS YOUR SCREW UP
YOU GET A LETTER BUT WHEN YOU REVEAL ONE OF THEIRS ITS A DOUBLE STANDARD. I GUESS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO KNOW ANDTHEY ARE NOT.:27:

I don't know much about your managment over there but what I've read it sounds a lot like how some of the decisions are made over here at FNL. Also we 've gotten some big R boxes to move from DAL to CIN . They aren't new boxes either like a manufacturer move. ( I think 6 trailers)