SAIA | Linehaul

Working the dock depends on the run itself. As previously stated, you may have to strip a trailer for an empty or do a work off at a dark terminal.

Saia does not pay L/H for fueling. You do get paid for drop and hooks. And when you arrive, you are required to put your front pup on the door. Back pup is at supervisor discretion, and is supposed to be paid. But if you do your homework, lots of times that extra pup is conveniently forgotten
Rear pup pays .30
Get dock supervisor that asks for the move to pay as well. You can check on your phone to make sure he does it.

You’re right White, my apologies. You guys would have an awesome company if they could figure out how to get their line haul guys home every night
You have no idea what you are talking about, ICE. Most terminals here at SAIA are so short of trucks, they can't let anyone "run wild" because that would be one more truck they would be short. Most system drivers may be out one night and that is all.

You have no idea what you are talking about, ICE. Most terminals here at SAIA are so short of trucks, they can't let anyone "run wild" because that would be one more truck they would be short. Most system drivers may be out one night and that is all.
They’re opening up a terminal in our area and they mentioned home every other night extraboard in the ad

When I ran L/H system, I brought a bag with me planning to be gone for the full week. It was probably 50/50, home every couple of days vs. gone for the week. Depends on freight volumes. There was one time I ended up 1500 miles from home on Wednesday AM when I laid down. Didn't make it home until Saturday morning and had to do some creative logging to be legal.

Cmon now Buck, I think you mean fudging, instead of creative.

As an extra board/system driver you must be prepared to stay out all week if the freight demands it, as a line driver on a bid you shouldstill be prepared to run through or lay down as needed.

That said, majority of the time you will won't be out for more that a day or two at a time but it really all depends on the freight & who is the dispatcher for that region