FedEx Freight | Mandatory meetings

exactly, burgers--dogs and gatorade has kept the weak happy and complacent. now we enter a new era of getting screwed. welcome to the big time boys and girls. sooner or later people might wake up and realize we are getting hosed

They are pulling all economy freight from under drivers and putting it on the rail. Laying off drivers

It's real simple. You all had them scared and now you've let them off the hook. They wouldn't do this with the threat of organization.

This is the second chance you gave them. Now you reap what you sow.

Last edited:
It's time to organize people! This company has 100% control over it's drivers and dockworkers. We have no say in anything. They come into these centers cut runs and wreak havoc on our fellow associates and there families. They don't care they'll have a job. I've been here 19 years and it's really sad the way this company treats their employees.

It's time to organize people! This company has 100% control over it's drivers and dockworkers. We have no say in anything. They come into these centers cut runs and wreak havoc on our fellow associates and there families. They don't care they'll have a job. I've been here 19 years and it's really sad the way this company treats their employees.

Fat chance, just sayin. They found out just how far they could push the envelope and then backed off. Like the other poster said, throw some Wally World hamburgers at 'em and that kept the rank and file content.

But honestly, in all reality they could increase P/T 10 fold if they really wanted to,so this latest COO wasn't nearly as horrific as it potentially could be.

Fat chance, just sayin. They found out just how far they could push the envelope and then backed off. Like the other poster said, throw some Wally World hamburgers at 'em and that kept the rank and file content.

But honestly, in all reality they could increase P/T 10 fold if they really wanted to,so this latest COO wasn't nearly as horrific as it potentially could be.

Yes I agree with the Fat Chance!

I don't understand what the big deal is?? It's economy freight...basically what's left of the business we picked up from Watkins/National. The last time I checked we are still a regional LTL carrier..primarily priority freight. Economy freight is mainly long distance freight, that's why it's put onto the rail...because we have a two week window to make delivery!!

Union companies also use the rail to move long distance freight (economy) so attempting to organize won't change that.

I don't understand what the big deal is?? It's economy freight...basically what's left of the business we picked up from Watkins/National. The last time I checked we are still a regional LTL carrier..primarily priority freight. Economy freight is mainly long distance freight, that's why it's put onto the rail...because we have a two week window to make delivery!!

Union companies also use the rail to move long distance freight (economy) so attempting to organize won't change that.

Its a big deal to drivers who lost their job with no freight to follow.

Its a big deal to drivers who lost their job with no freight to follow.
I hate to see anybody lose their jobs but again, we're not in the long distance freight business. Do we move it, certainly, but we prefer next day and two day priority freight.
I'm guessing those effected are at economy centers?

I hate to see anybody lose their jobs but again, we're not in the long distance freight business. Do we move it, certainly, but we prefer next day and two day priority freight.
I'm guessing those effected are at economy centers?

Easy to say when you aren't the one losing your job. Charlotte was fortunate this time around. Remember in 2013 before you organized when you lost double digit drivers?

Easy to say when you aren't the one losing your job. Charlotte was fortunate this time around. Remember in 2013 before you organized when you lost double digit drivers?
Yes, but that was due to the allowing of to many National drivers to dovetail in...they didn't bring nearly enough freight to justify so many drivers....apples and oranges.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'm not blaming the National drivers for this mistake, had I been in their shoes I would've done the same thing.