FedEx Freight | Mandatory meetings

Of course had everyone listened to Redracer3136 and people like him and done nothing, we would still have the points system,we would have watched our insurance costs continue to skyrocket, the vacation pay enhancement for city drivers would NEVER have happened in the first place, also that is still in the court system despite your and other anti's in CLT premature celebration our city drivers wouldn't get it which is sad you and others feel that way but it suites your designs which says a lot in and of itself, and many oppressive rules would continue to be in place and more than likely 56 terminals would never have gotten the GDP raise they got either. How many have gotten one since? How about ZERO. So I guess four terminals voting yes helped quite a few people despite what you may think. We are fighting for better job security, medical insurance and retirement. I'm not sure what you guys are fighting FOR. But then again fighting for the rights and benefits of others has never been the strong suite of the anti-union crowd anywhere in this country and certainly not in this campaign either.
So now the all knowing Hootowl has a crystal ball and can predict the future...or atleast an alternate future!! I hate to burst your bubble but the four centers voting yes had NOTHING to do with any of the things you mention...it was the threat of the union, if anything, that got these things accomplished.
As for the frivolous ULP concerning the vacation wage rate for city drivers...copy and pasting a notification email, signing it, and then presenting it as accepting an offer that was never made is hilarious!! You wanted the right to negotiate, so now negotiate...and be sure to let the city drivers know again how much money you've cost them every time they go on vacation!!
You mean that free healthcare you guys promoted...according to your proposal, unless you have an extended hospital stay, your plan actually cost us money...and no, it ain't free!! How bout that retirement plan you guys sold to the older crowd...all of our years of service grandfathered in toward a defined pension?? Judging by the rumors and the lack of a publicly made proposal, I'm guessing you couldn't deliver on that one either!! And job security...what security have you guys offered?? The right to have someone present in a disciplinary hearing isn't exactly "job security" to me!! Job security is growing the company, building new centers to accommodate the growth, adding more drivers to handle the growth...the only place this type of job security is occurring is around the four centers that voted yes!!

Again, thanks for less!! :1036316054:

Last edited:
Of course had everyone listened to Redracer3136 and people like him and done nothing, we would still have the points system,we would have watched our insurance costs continue to skyrocket, the vacation pay enhancement for city drivers would NEVER have happened in the first place, also that is still in the court system despite your and other anti's in CLT premature celebration our city drivers wouldn't get it which is sad you and others feel that way but it suites your designs which says a lot in and of itself, and many oppressive rules would continue to be in place and more than likely 56 terminals would never have gotten the GDP raise they got either. How many have gotten one since? How about ZERO. So I guess four terminals voting yes helped quite a few people despite what you may think. We are fighting for better job security, medical insurance and retirement. I'm not sure what you guys are fighting FOR. But then again fighting for the rights and benefits of others has never been the strong suite of the anti-union crowd anywhere in this country and certainly not in this campaign either.

True, there is no denying that the threat of the Union stopped all that BS..... FOR NOW

You neg union guys honestly think they stopped that crap 'cause they felt bad or knew it was unfair?

True, there is no denying that the threat of the Union stopped all that BS..... FOR NOW

You neg union guys honestly think they stopped that crap 'cause they felt bad or knew it was unfair?
Certainly not...that's why I'll continue to maintain that the threat of the union is more powerful than the union itself. For some to suggest that actually voting in the union caused these things to happen is ludicrous!! All we've done is lose since voting it in while everyone else continues to gain!!

2 weeks to deliver economy freight?.. really? I see a heck of a lot of FedEx containers on the BN heading west out of Chicago area. Hard to believe they take 2 weeks to deliver the freight....
I am seeing more coming out of New Orleans lately on the BN heading North

Economy may be 1/3 of our daily shipments but that leaves priority as 2/3's, or the majority. Economy may provide a higher revenue per shipment/hundred weight but that's because it's moved primarily on the rail...it's cheaper. If we ran economy strictly on our trucks, I'll venture to say it would probably cost us money to move it.

Talk to your hub plannner about the service window for economy shipments.

Yes, and it's that variety that gives our company the flexibility to service the needs of our customers while maximizing profits. Restrictions, such as contracts, prohibit that flexibility which could lead to reductions in profits and/or jobs
Red, I'll need you to clock to EDUCATION, please. :poke:

There are clearly things you don't understand, on this topic.

1) You are mistaking the (potential) transit times of volume quotes for economy service. Economy has a service commitment, typically 1-2 days longer than Priority, but still a scheduled transit time.

2) Economy offers most of the same upgrades as Priority.
  • A.M. Delivery
  • Close of Business Delivery
  • Custom Delivery Window
3) I've not found the numbers publicly available, but I'll bet MOST economy shipments never see the rail.

4)The higher revenue per comes from the longer average distance/weight of the shipments.

*No need for me to speak to a hub planner. Customers who use the services are happy to share the facts

It generally doesn't take two weeks but we have two weeks to deliver the freight. The rail isn't known for their speed...or service, they're known for their cheap rates.
Again, you confuse VOLUME with Economy.

Even volume quotes offer options, the cheapest of which does have a large "widow". The quote a customer shared with me had 3 options:

1) Two day, very premium price.

2) Three day, about half the above price.

3) Three-Six day, approx. 1/6 of the two day price.

* You may want to speak to that "hub planner", and get your terms straight, before throwing out incorrect misrepresentations of our transit times and offerings.

Class dismissed... :smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
Technically you're correct...but the drivers like yourself, Hootowl, and others who pushed, campaigned, and voted for representation and the right to bargain cost the city drivers money every time they take a week's vacation (or single day) and cost the road drivers opportunities to earn more money every time we bid!! Perhaps you guys will start a fund to help offset the loss of compensation that you've cost your fellow (and former) associates!!

This one is on the hand's of those who wanted representation...thanks for less!!
Sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture, A little less now for better pension, healthcare.pay, working condition......later. well worth the wait. Good thing come to those who wait.

Sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture, A little less now for better pension, healthcare.pay, working condition......later. well worth the wait. Good thing come to those who wait.
If one had the leverage to obtain such things then perhaps but these guys have zero leverage.

And sometimes all of the leverage in the world still can't get you what you desire...

http://www.app.com/story/money/2017/05/01/shore-beer-distributor-locks-out-workers/308218001/

Assume if you choose but in this case it will make an ass of you...just sayin'

Red, I hate to pick on you but I can't having you lying to the members here.

Page 15 of the Congress passed pension cuts thread you stated:

"My wife works for a union company, since I have insurance available to me through FedEx if I chose to go with her insurance, they'd charge us a fee of $100 a month/$1,200 a year on top of her existing cost!!!"

You also stated on the same page of the same thread just below the above post:

"I've never denied that my wife works for a union company...just another one of the many reasons why I'd NEVER vote yes!"

Here's a link to save you the trouble of looking it up.

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/congress-passed-pension-cuts.64404/page-15#post-891781

Tell me Red, who looks like the ass now?

Red, I'll need you to clock to EDUCATION, please. :poke:

There are clearly things you don't understand, on this topic.

1) You are mistaking the (potential) transit times of volume quotes for economy service. Economy has a service commitment, typically 1-2 days longer than Priority, but still a scheduled transit time.

2) Economy offers most of the same upgrades as Priority.
  • A.M. Delivery
  • Close of Business Delivery
  • Custom Delivery Window
3) I've not found the numbers publicly available, but I'll bet MOST economy shipments never see the rail.

4)The higher revenue per comes from the longer average distance/weight of the shipments.

*No need for me to speak to a hub planner. Customers who use the services are happy to share the facts

Again, you confuse VOLUME with Economy.

Even volume quotes offer options, the cheapest of which does have a large "widow". The quote a customer shared with me had 3 options:

1) Two day, very premium price.

2) Three day, about half the above price.

3) Three-Six day, approx. 1/6 of the two day price.

* You may want to speak to that "hub planner", and get your terms straight, before throwing out incorrect misrepresentations of our transit times and offerings.

Class dismissed... :smilie93c peelout:
No need to clock in, we're not allowed to have meetings...educational or otherwise unless it's federally mandated to which this is not...:poke:

I understand quite well, although admittedly I may have confused volume with economy, and I'll continue to stand by my original statement that the loss of some economy freight isn't that big of a deal...

1) although economy does have a longer transit time than priority, I've witnessed first hand the sitting on economy freight that was due the day before, a region away, in order to move priority freight that was due in two days...reason given, "its economy, it'll get there when it gets there..."

2) again, I'll have to disagree...ATL-P is one of the largest and primarily an economy hub and almost everything that goes into that center gets put into a rail can...that's correct, economy freight into a rail can...

Points 3 & 4 are somewhat of a contradiction...you say "MOST economy freight never see the rail" and then you claim that "the higher revenue comes from longer average distance..."....it's this economy freight that has the "longer average distance" that's put onto the rail which produces "higher revenue"...

Now on to the volume freight...

Yes, even though volume freight comes with options, good luck getting that freight delivered on time. We're not in the volume load business although we are here to serve the needs of our customers. When it comes to volume freight, which is very pricey btw, I've seen loads lay on the counter for a week without moving...unless extremely late, they're usually moved when there's an empty in a certain lane.

No need to speak to the hub planner at this time...

Again, not allowed to attend your class, you may attempt to coerce the audience!!
:tr10driving03:

Red, I hate to pick on you but I can't having you lying to the members here.

Page 15 of the Congress passed pension cuts thread you stated:

"My wife works for a union company, since I have insurance available to me through FedEx if I chose to go with her insurance, they'd charge us a fee of $100 a month/$1,200 a year on top of her existing cost!!!"

You also stated on the same page of the same thread just below the above post:

"I've never denied that my wife works for a union company...just another one of the many reasons why I'd NEVER vote yes!"

Here's a link to save you the trouble of looking it up.

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/congress-passed-pension-cuts.64404/page-15#post-891781

Tell me Red, who looks like the ass now?
When did I say she didn't work for a union company?? You asked how she liked her union job....she doesn't have a union job!!

Again, choosing to assume usually makes as ass out of oneself...no offense :poke:

When did I say she didn't work for a union company?? You asked how she liked her union job....she doesn't have a union job!!

Again, choosing to assume usually makes as ass out of oneself...no offense :poke:

None taken. I've been around here long enough to know when you're back pedaling in an attempt to save face. Good thing for you you're flexible enough to still type with your foot in your mouth.

None taken. I've been around here long enough to know when you're back pedaling in an attempt to save face. Good thing for you you're flexible enough to still type with your foot in your mouth.
C'mon Dick, you're a smart guy...if you think about it long enough eventually you'll figure it out!!

Unless of course, you continue to assume...