Yellow | March 2015 YRC COO (Another Truckingboards Exclusive)

Did any one think that te freight that will be hall off is the freight that the regional's had from the start of this debogical..... just a thought.

yhst-138696802659633_2315_100782442

Unfortunately there is a lot of mistrust on both sides……communications are NOT what they should be.

When you give work away, you will never get it back period.

They claim no one will be laid off due to this COO. If you take those points on the COO and trap it at certain DC’s (Break-Bulks) and interline it in that town to be taken to that area for delivery….that will lessen the freight that the road driver takes to that area.

More road drivers, less freight constitutes a laid off road driver.

The Local cartage and Dock will be working the freight at the break-bulk, but the road driver there will not take it to the satellites…..the interline carrier will.

Who decides what is and is not profitable? Seems this place has been wasting more and more on bad dispatches everyday, not to even bring the bad equipment in to the scenario.

Bottom line here, AND, this is MY Opinion….The employees do not trust in what the Company says, as well as the IBT….plain and simple.

Note that the majority of you found out about this COO HERE….not from your Locals….Hmmmm? BE CONCERNED, VERY CONCERNED!

Lets see what they do at the meeting on this COO on March 5th….if you do not call and asks the questions and your concerns to your Local and IBT Freight, then it will be your fault again if all this comes back and bites you all on the ass!......KK

Unfortunately there is a lot of mistrust on both sides……communications are NOT what they should be.

They claim no one will be laid off due to this COO. If you take those points on the COO and trap it at certain DC’s (Break-Bulks) and interline it in that town to be taken to that area for delivery….that will lessen the freight that the road driver takes to that area.

The Local cartage and Dock will be working the freight at the break-bulk, but the road driver there will not take it to the satellites…..the interline carrier will.

Who decides what is and is not profitable? Seems this place has been wasting more and more on bad dispatches everyday, not to even bring the bad equipment in to the scenario.

Bottom line here, AND, this is MY Opinion….The employees do not trust in what the Company says, as well as the IBT….plain and simple.

Note that the majority of you found out about this COO HERE….not from your Locals….Hmmmm? BE CONCERNED, VERY CONCERNED!

Lets see what they do at the meeting on this COO on March 5th….if you do not call and asks the questions and your concerns to your Local and IBT Freight, then it will be your fault again if all this comes back and bites you all on the ass!......KK
Don't you trust these guys?

YRCWJackWelch2013-0-80-464-279*304.jpg

darren-hawkins-yrc*304xx872-1310-209-0.jpg

Hoffa-at-Marble-Palace.jpg

DirectorJohnson.jpg

Who can you trust?

:nut kick:

In a steward meeting at the local Saturday lets say this was not the first thing out of the locals mouth.
And as of this morning Monday 26th the rank and file had no idea what had happened. The little birdie that reads these boards had to make a few calls.

In a steward meeting at the local Saturday lets say this was not the first thing out of the locals mouth.
And as of this morning Monday 26th the rank and file had no idea what had happened. The little birdie that reads these boards had to make a few calls.

There have been way too many instances when I have had to educate my (loosely designated) B. A. to the happenings before us. I cannot begin to express my frustrations with this conundrum. I feel as though I am talking to one of those street corner sign twirlers.... the mechanical ones, not the live ones....

DREAM, it is! Honestly, you don't actually believe they care about "customer service?"
Terminated our oldest sales rep last week. Miss on average, 20-25 pick-ups per day.
So what do they talk about in pee-shift EVERY single day? Brainwashing. Safety.Safety.Safety.
Manipulating numbers by using various shift hours to make themselves look great.
A direct violation of the "code of conduct" and borderline dishonesty!
ETHICS POINT, are you listening??? It's not just about W/C, Disability, FMLA fraud!

By the way, which of you employees are now going to monitor the so claimed "unprofitable" routes?
"Financially strengthen?" While awarding multimillion dollar bonuses, for screwing us!
Will affected employees be subject to lay-off, since less work?

I don't know if they really care about customer service, all I can do is hope that they do because there is no company without the customers. I have no clue as to why they terminate sales reps, is it numbers? Ineffectiveness? Moving the whole process to the 1-800 no.? I don't know, if I had all of the answers I sure as hell wouldn't be driving a freight truck. I do know that sooner or later ALL numbers manipulation comes to an end, because eventually someone makes a mistake and gets caught, or the company just folds in the end. I am a NO voter, and I lost, along with the rest of us. I just choose not to walk around p****d off any more, this place takes up enough of my time as it is. The only vote I have left is to walk away, and I'm not ready to do that. Everyone's situation is different, I'm a line haul driver on the extra board, so I'm painfully aware of what PTS is doing to us. I see it in EVERY freakin" break bulk I go into, especially my own. I see PTS companies with DEDICATED runs out of our terminal. I see freight that I used to pull going out on PTS, but I lost. I can also see some of my Union family spending more time trying to get out of working, then it would take to just do their job, and in the end, they land up stealing what little free time I have with my family and friends. Where's the accountability there. I'm not writing this to throw stones at anyone, just venting. And I apologize for getting off topic, but sometimes we are our own worst enemies and some in management feed off of this.... I don't know what's in store for us, change is always hard. But the Union will most likely rubber stamp this one too, after all, no one is supposed to lose jobs over this, and it seems as though they are only worried about our dues money anymore. This is just a job now, and that is the most unfortunate reality of the situation. This last MOU/Contract extension screwed us, for a while anyhow.... I guess I'll just do my job until I find something else that fits.

There have been way too many instances when I have had to educate my (loosely designated) B. A. to the happenings before us. I cannot begin to express my frustrations with this conundrum. I feel as though I am talking to one of those street corner sign twirlers.... the mechanical ones, not the live ones....
There is a guy at one of my stops who walks back and forth in the warehouse twirling a baton at break time. Maybe I can get a video and send it to you so you can talk to him ????

KK, I am a city driver for Holland here in Birmingham Al and one of the problems with these shipments if they go to us from YRC is the city drivers I run across don't want to deliver these stops that are normally schools with hand unloads or residential stops. Yes they suck but I for one have never minded going on a 20 minute drive to unload a pallet of books then twenty minutes back. I am sure even though you are a road driver that there are city guys at your place too that act like this. The ones I run across will laugh when they see where I have to go to deliver YRC interline and I just get back in the truck and laugh that they aren't smart enough to realize they could get paid to do the same thing. The real issue with a lot of this is the fact that no one seems to want to do anything out of the ordinary at the end of line city operation. Your Montgomery terminal has points inside 30 miles they interline with us and they keep the bottom two guys laid off working 4 days a week. I see these guys all the time and they don't even want the work.

Are you saying yrc freight will bump docks in that radius but will pass their lift gate garbage and residentials off to Holland?If so,that isn't worth a crap to Holland.When I go off route to deliver a couple of lift gate stops and residentials I'm hard pressed to make ten stops for the day vs.13 to 17 without that junk.I know we have to do it and I am thankful for the work when it is our business but when you share costs with junk freight with another carrier there is no money to be made.I am shocked that we would accept their garbage freight because that is the freight that hurts our bottom line,especially if it is interlined.I wish we could pass our residentials off to someone and I bet the terminal managers do too.

Are you saying yrc freight will bump docks in that radius but will pass their lift gate garbage and residentials off to Holland?If so,that isn't worth a crap to Holland.When I go off route to deliver a couple of lift gate stops and residentials I'm hard pressed to make ten stops for the day vs.13 to 17 without that junk.I know we have to do it and I am thankful for the work when it is our business but when you share costs with junk freight with another carrier there is no money to be made.I am shocked that we would accept their garbage freight because that is the freight that hurts our bottom line,especially if it is interlined.I wish we could pass our residentials off to someone and I bet the terminal managers do too.
Be careful what you wish for !
Never give up your work it will never come back. Many before you fought and walked the picket line to secure this work.....
It may be YOU sitting home while STI is doing YOUR work.

Take the time to read THE WHOLE COO.... Look at those break Bulks that the points are going to be interline from...Yeah, you see it to don't you?
Everyone of those just about have a HOLLAND terminal in that DC area.....they will give OUR Freight to another YRCW subsidiary to take it to those points to deliver?

No disrespect to our Holland and New Penn Brothers and Sisters, but this is why we should have voted NO on the 2nd MOU and demand that we vote as separate companies, even though the Locals pushed it....they got to vote on things that would take OUR work away and not have a negative impact on them....if anything, they may get more work out of this YRC COO.

This will cut down the road work....this will cut down the local cartage work at those points....You NEVER give up YOUR work....did y'all not learn anything yet from the PTS Mess???....KK
This is only the start of what's to come. I recently went into one of our vendors, a Holland customer that I bumped their docks on a daily basis when I worked for Holland. On the office wall a list of carriers...including YRC Holland. The phone number was YRC's. The girl in the office said that's the new way of calling in pick ups. They can't hire drivers but they can lay them off...crying to the IBT that they can't hire so we can use pts. We fought on the picket lines years ago to stop the use of shinny wheels...now it's okay.? KK will remember the battles of days gone by...the lessons we learned. You don't give up anything. EVER.! You protect the man who went before you, and leave it better for the men who follow you. Those days are now fading away....!

Are you yrc freight guys blind no disrespect but ain't no need to have multiple companies covering the same area especially one that's not making money hint yrc Holland New Penn and reddeway are the only ones making money here