Martin Brower

Also no more union pension its now a company 401k and company benefits no union benefits. Also The driver i had a road test with told me there getting cameras in the trucks

Moneyman01 said:
Also no more union pension its now a company 401k and company benefits no union benefits. Also The driver i had a road test with told me there getting cameras in the trucks

Thanks but no thanks. NEXT...

Yeah it sucks there getting cameras. I still dont know what to do. It would be a very good job but i dont know if i should leave GFS. I just dont know. With these guys retiring soon ill be able to move up quicker

Moneyman01 said:
Yeah it sucks there getting cameras. I still dont know what to do. It would be a very good job but i dont know if i should leave GFS. I just dont know. With these guys retiring soon ill be able to move up quicker

I hope it works out for you either way.

Mb is a really good job,but with that extraboard and guys not retiring its gonna be hard getting to the good part..man there where guys at mclanes making over 100,000 a yr..i can name about five now but what they dont tell u is how much they work and there never home..you have to dedicate your life to those cases and white lines in the highway...but whatever decision u make i wish you and your familly well

Like I told you Bro, go with your gut instinct, the first one you feel...don't analize it and you won't go wrong. Thats been my experience, there is alot of wisdom to be had on here, however, take note...alot of us have been through the hell fire and don't want to and won't go again, so take that part of the advice with a grain of salt, your still young, I know you personally, you haven't been through what some of us have, that said, I don't want you to go through it, your my friend and I feel the need to look out for your best interest, everyone makes thier own decisions, God knows I have, so has everyone on this board that is chiming in.....again, trust your gut Brother! You know I care about what happens to you and yours, other opportunities will open up if you close the door on this one, just give your gut some thought :)

Thanks guys. Yeah the Transportation manager at MB he said the guys making over 100,000 work like 6 days a week and arent home much. he said if i wanted to be home i would be looking at 80-95,000 range which still is great. I know I wont make that at GFS. But here at GFS I got weekends off and 2 weeks vacations plus we have alot of bonuses thru out the year. I think I might turn down MB but who knows maybe they will tell me if I ever need a job to come back and they'll hire me. If I was single with no family yeah I'd probably go for it but being I have a family its tough. But on the same hand what is going on at GFS (if you want to know pm me) could maybe get us in a lot of trouble and they dont want to fix it. They tell us if we dont want to pull em they will find someone else. No the equipment is fine its something else. My dad thinks I am stupid if I turn down MB because of what I'm saying about GFS. Even tho GFS is a fine company. Off to work to do some truckin. Have a good night guys

Just thinking,

Lots of folks are scared to change jobs nowadays, it's nice to have options.

A good deal of the time my job sucks and my boss acts like a ......

I tell folks they ain't fired me yet and I'm just too stubborn to quit, I hate filling out applications.

Good luck either way Moneyman

Hey guys I thought Id give you a update. I did decide to go to MB. I take my drug test and physical next tuesday. I know the extraboard is gonna suck but alot of guys will be retiring soon so i decided to take the chance. I hope it goes good and if i ever get a chance to take a 100,000 a year route i think Id rather make 80-90 a year to be home. My lil boy means alot to me and i want to be home with him.

Thank you everyone for the wishes. Ive made some yood friends on here and this is like a small family. Thanks again

Moneyman01=Ok now my interview. I found out yes I will be on the extra board. I will be mainly covering routes and doing extra runs and doing specials (delivering shortages). I will be off monday and tuesday. No dispatch trucks on saturdays (routes) butthey shuttle trailers to mason city ia to there other warehouse.
Extra Board, if it's like Mail Hauling, you'll most likely be ON CALL 24/7 regardless of stated "Days Off".
Good Luck and from what's been stated by these other Drivers, Off Time may well become random, not planned.

Do Shuttle Drivers fingerprint Freight?
I've done some Shuttle Runs for Davenport & Sons in Sanford, NC and NEVER touched any freight, just D&H.

CHEERS!!

I had my first day on a route. It was nice not having to push a 2 wheeler. I'm still sore tho. One thing i hate are the bread racks for buns. Other then that its nice. Had 6 stops 1100-1200 cases. Left the shop at 315 and had 3 stops done by 7-730 and was back to the yard about 1015 and we had to wait for a stop for 30 mins. Its nice you can move right along.

Man I'm sore. Its been 2 years since I delivered food. Its very nice not having a 2 wheeler. The Mcdonalds employees are all pretty nice so far to.

Man I'm sore. Its been 2 years since I delivered food. Its very nice not having a 2 wheeler. The Mcdonalds employees are all pretty nice so far to.

Gee whiz dude, I like the avatar, nice truck, I figured you union bucks up there would still be driving cab overs, of course I'm in a new truck but I'm special...all the best to you my brother, like I said before, you will be on top of that board by the time you retire, taking whatever you want!!

GT all of are equipment is new. Oldest truck is a 07. There getting rid of the Internationals and going back to all Volvos. I'm looking forward to driving a new volvo. I might be able to on tuesday. The new volvos look really nice

Hey there,

I stumbled across your thread about M-B, I was wondering how you like it so far. I am considering taking a job here in Michigan with them.

Went today for an interview with Martin Brower. They sent me for a DOT physical and road test. Any feedback on the company is appreciated.