XPO | Marty minute

dallas is moving into their slow month, cause of the state fair. they have changed the way they operate in the past and they will keep doing it.

mr marty is changing things up according to policy. everything he is doing is within policy. yes, it will hurt me , but, we will get use to the way things are again.

guess we need to take mr marrty out for around of beer and wings. watch out tho, mr marty is lurking in the shadows. do your job and you will not have any worries

Up untill the early 90's, dsr's at our barn would try to dance around or into the posted start times by out thinking each other and determining what start times go in which direction. - And bid accordingly.

I simply bid what time a day I wanted to start and I was fairly new. Half way through the year, start times changed and I got the coveted 6:30 AM start and were those senior guys ever pissed!

Today, start times still change in response to freight flow and all of the senior dsr's bid the time of day that they would prefer to start.

I haven't seen anything close to that 6:30 AM start since. - But I still bid it first.

We have never had to deal with bid changes. I'm starting to see some of the things you central guys are talking about. There is a lot of tension in the air at LDA. All of the Fos's are having a meeting with M on Saturday and the new changes are coming on Monday. Should be interesting.

beerfd said:
We have never had to deal with bid changes. I'm starting to see some of the things you central guys are talking about. There is a lot of tension in the air at LDA.
Now you will understand some of the rants that have come from the Central drivers on these message boards.

beerfd said:
All of the Fos's are having a meeting with M on Saturday and the new changes are coming on Monday. Should be interesting.
They are pretty much going to be told to stop any policy infractions they may be doing, insure the operations numbers stay positive, make sure NO pick-ups are missed, loads closed on time etc.
Last but not least... police you guys more often, Hold all of you guys accountable and keep writing you guys up for policy infractions. (Fill your discipline file with Con-way love)
They are going to hear the Marty riot act because they TOO will be held accountable.

Now you will understand some of the rants that have come from the Central drivers on these message boards.

They are pretty much going to be told to stop any policy infractions they may be doing, insure the operations numbers stay positive, make sure NO pick-ups are missed, loads closed on time etc.
Last but not least... police you guys more often, Hold all of you guys accountable and keep writing you guys up for policy infractions.
I wonder if his reship will close on time, or if that will go all to hell just like XCW`s did!:nutkick:

well, i was listening to the night time /h drivers. they are not to happy with the 2hr rollback. they know that the other terminals will just throw the freight on the trailers and go home. to bad upper management dont do anything bout that. some of them scms might need to go else where to spread their dumbness.

as for mr marty. it will be intresting how his fos's respond. i really dont see anything happening with them. maybe they will learn how to #2 lsx driver that he needs to hurry a little. he thinks that he owns the con-way truck and will not come out of it till his 14 is up. hopefully mr marty will do something bout this small problem

anyway, i am not scared of our new terminal manager. the people who are afraid are not doing their job.

have a good friday everyone, specially you mr marty

well, i was listening to the night time /h drivers. they are not to happy with the 2hr rollback. they know that the other terminals will just throw the freight on the trailers and go home. to bad upper management dont do anything bout that. some of them scms might need to go else where to spread their dumbness.

as for mr marty. it will be intresting how his fos's respond. i really dont see anything happening with them. maybe they will learn how to #2 lsx driver that he needs to hurry a little. he thinks that he owns the con-way truck and will not come out of it till his 14 is up. hopefully mr marty will do something bout this small problem

anyway, i am not scared of our new terminal manager. the people who are afraid are not doing their job.

have a good friday everyone, specially you mr marty
I don`t see why the 2 hr backup is such a surprise, end of month , end of quarter... It is not like me to speak against another driver but I think your boy sitting in the truck till 14 are up is A COMPLETE IDIOT! I still don`t get the point, its not like he`s going to make more money doing that. Up north here a short day ( anything less than 12 ) is a Godsend!

I'm trying to keep this thread interesting, but there is not that much to report. I do know that M told an FOS that he(the FOS) was sub-standard, or something like that, and that he would not be around very much longer. They're having a big management meeting on Saturday. You think some people will be let go? It is the end of the month. Oh yeah, and another mandatory driver meeting on Monday. I wonder if this mandatory meeting will be about the stuff that didn't get done in the last mandatory meeting???

I'm trying to keep this thread interesting, but there is not that much to report. I do know that M told an FOS that he(the FOS) was sub-standard, or something like that, and that he would not be around very much longer. They're having a big management meeting on Saturday. You think some people will be let go? It is the end of the month. Oh yeah, and another mandatory driver meeting on Monday. I wonder if this mandatory meeting will be about the stuff that didn't get done in the last mandatory meeting???

beerfd,
You're doing a great job entertaining us with the "Marty minute" thread.:1036316054:
I'm sure we all get a kick out of reading the LDA headline news.

Post some of the Positive stuff he does...like...uh...washing his hands after his tinkle.:biglaugh:

Anyone get star cards yet?

beerfd,
You're doing a great job entertaining us with the "Marty minute" thread.:1036316054:
I'm sure we all get a kick out of reading the LDA headline news.

Post some of the Positive stuff he does...like...uh...washing his hands after his tinkle.:biglaugh:

Anyone get star cards yet?

I don't know anything about the handwashing stuff. But, I do know that I haven't seen any star cards for a long while. Maybe our cards are a 1/2 inch shorter than regulation. That would be an audit item.

talking with some of the fos's yesterday, they are not to happy bout coming in and getting the riot act read to them. bout time the fos's get their butts chewed for their performance. sure do feel sorry for the drivers who are not doing their job.

wished someone would have put a webcam with sound in the training room. would be pretty intresting to listen to and the bosses crying.

We have a mandatory meeting on Monday. Is this about the 2007 raise? Or is this to tell how bad we are doing (LDA)? I know M has pissed off a lot of guys by making them work later. These are the lazy people. And a few LOI's have been given out.

No LOI's go out to the sups in xmp and they are the laziest part of the operation:Zzzz:

Just the latest new that I heard about the M...Part of this saturdays meetings were to inventory some of the P&D tools...Pallet Jacks and Dollys. About time someone did that...I was told that he was going to make us accountable for the tools by assinging them to us...About time thats happened.You almost have to fight for a pallet jack or dolly on our dock...I told that to the last SCM...he told me that we tear them up too quickly and at that time I suggested that he should hold people accountable. How can you deliver frieght to a company that has no forklift, no pallet jack and their frieght ways 3000 pounds. I am determind to stay positive about the majority of the big M's decisions and go with the flow. So far we have been shutting down on time and dont really have to hit the dock for that long maybe and hour maybe two. It not too bad yet.

Last but not least... police you guys more often, Hold all of you guys accountable and keep writing you guys up for policy infractions. (Fill your discipline file with Con-way love)
They are going to hear the Marty riot act because they TOO will be held accountable.
YES, lord martin is not bias. And is a big believer in peer pressure. So If everyone keeps everyone else in line,you will hardly know he's there. hope I made sense?

This is just a little rant.....

Ok I come in at ten oclock (like they gave me an option)to find out that the whole 6 thing was a bunch of crap. What I mean is that a couple of the guys cried and whined about it and the fos got to pick who he wanted on that schedule. That dont really make sense to me...shouldnt it go by seniority? Just a question...Im not too worried bout it anymore like coming in at ten on mondays anyway just dont understand what a bid if for if you just really want to pick who you want on a schedule...What if linehaul was like that? or even city P&D? Doesnt matter what year you started just the fact that we like the way you work better...if thats the case maybe they will pick me to do linehaul or maybe a 7 oclock start time for the city.....:biglaugh:

Oh yeah and just to catch you guys up....Marty email some guys up north in Coldwater to take some pictures of the Dock up there....and how nice and clean it was and how they windexed everything up...I dont need to see a picture...I could care less...A dock is for Work its going to get dirty...granted our dock is probably dirtier than most but what do you expect when youre supposed to dunnage everything up?
Now they want to do away with a lot of our dunnage...saying we got to much....last time that happened we ran out of dunnage everytime you turned around...I remember one time we had to send a load of paint out not a single piece of dunnage.:funky:

Oh yeah and just to catch you guys up....Marty email some guys up north in Coldwater to take some pictures of the Dock up there....and how nice and clean it was and how they windexed everything up...I dont need to see a picture...I could care less...A dock is for Work its going to get dirty...granted our dock is probably dirtier than most but what do you expect when youre supposed to dunnage everything up?
Now they want to do away with a lot of our dunnage...saying we got to much....last time that happened we ran out of dunnage everytime you turned around...I remember one time we had to send a load of paint out not a single piece of dunnage.:funky:
Our dock is a lot dirtier than others. Haven't seen M. Johnny told us that there were big changes coming. There always big changes coming. He did say we could see some new start times but, if it were too broad then we could re-bid the city. This is a big city operation. Nothing M has done has effected me yet. Everything still the same. My time is coming. I am sure.