XPO | Marty minute

Was that you that said that ?
No, I can honestly say it wasn't me. I don't like change. And whenever you get a new SCM, well things change. And it could be for the worst. (not likely) It's probably for the better that he left. Marty pissed off a lot of people and fired a lot of good people. Wherever he ends up going, he really needs to tone it down a bit..

No, I can honestly say it wasn't me. I don't like change. And whenever you get a new SCM, well things change. And it could be for the worst. (not likely) It's probably for the better that he left. Marty pissed off a lot of people and fired a lot of good people. Wherever he ends up going, he really needs to tone it down a bit..

This is the part that p*sses me off!

How many lives did this 'disglourious bast*rd' ruin before this genious organization finally got a clue...

From my understanding he was an a$$hole at XCW and then they let him run LDA...is this want the company wants????

Is Con-Way going to go back to those people unfairly let go by this moron and offer them their jobs back...no...they won't.

This 'genious' was given free reign for a long time....a long enough time to slaughter the livelihood of many employees. This is something that goes overlooked regularly...Gee!...Mr. DSR...adios!!!

People like this never change...they go away thinking they were screwed by the company and the drivers....pity the poor b@st@rds in the shadow of their next job...they are usually much worse and wishing for the glory of days past as they never regain the position they had before...

Rat

I hear some want Brian C. back. Also wondering if any of the fired guys brought lawsuits against Marty. I don't think you can fired that many without ruffling a feather or two?

Change was needed at LDA with morale plunging to unbelievable depths during Marty's tenure - I am looking forward to new SCM as it will be an improvement to say the least. Having great morale is imperative to make LDA the success that it can be again.

Getting Bryan C back would be great.....if Con-Way would give him a no termination clause, let him hire whoever he wants, move him and his family back to the Metroplex, offer him MAJOR bucks and admit that they were wrong to let him go in the first place. Doubt that will happen, but getting someone like him would be a definite step in the right direction.

The Performance Enhancement Team made two visits during Marty's tenure to try and fix the mess that he had going while he was there......they all were paid for by Con-Way and seriously doubt that they had them there to get him termed.

The morale at LDA has improved dramatically this week and hope it stays at this level for a long time......Here's to much success to team LDA! It is much deserved.

You know what Ron W. says: You can't fix stupid.

Someone can be smart in book learning, have all the knowledge in the world but if they can't apply it to their daily life or job, then it's worthless.

The Performance Enhancement Team made two visits during Marty's tenure to try and fix the mess that he had going while he was there......they all were paid for by Con-Way and seriously doubt that they had them there to get him termed.

You know what Ron W. says: You can't fix stupid.

Someone can be smart in book learning, have all the knowledge in the world but if they can't apply it to their daily life or job, then it's worthless.
I agree with you AND Ron W. The problem we have is that to apply knowledge that you learn takes common sense. BUT common sense is not common here at Con-Way.

Wow news travels fast..and far...He's gone. Lord Marty isn't with the company any longer. People from the G.O. been here all last week. Rumored to be investigating complaints about Lord M. Well, I guess it was something....he's gone now. No more Marty.
Just for the record, I never had a problem with Marty, but am relieved that I don't have to look over my shoulder evertime I fart.

I knew Marty at XCW, The company is a better place without a moron like that. People produce less and just dont give a damn working under someone like that.

I may or may not work for Conway, but these views are mine and are only for entertainment purposes.:shutup2::rockon::smilie_132::USA:

How many lives did this 'disglourious bast*rd' ruin before this genious organization finally got a clue...

From my understanding he was an a$$hole at XCW and then they let him run LDA...is this want the company wants????

Is Con-Way going to go back to those people unfairly let go by this moron and offer them their jobs back...no...they won't.

This 'genious' was given free reign for a long time....a long enough time to slaughter the livelihood of many employees. This is something that goes overlooked regularly...Gee!...Mr. DSR...adios!!!

People like this never change...they go away thinking they were screwed by the company and the drivers....pity the poor b@st@rds in the shadow of their next job...they are usually much worse and wishing for the glory of days past as they never regain the position they had before...

Rat

I know very little about the man, or the circumstances with his hiring and firing practices, only met him once, but it is a little presumptive to say that everyone was "unfairly" let go...do you know the facts on all these cases..?? I think there are a few on here who knew most of these guys, and even they might be hard pressed to say they were all unfairly let go...I am not disputing what you say, just that it is a bit presumptuous..Con-way doesn't let people go just for kicks...

I know very little about the man, or the circumstances with his hiring and firing practices, only met him once, but it is a little presumptive to say that everyone was "unfairly" let go...do you know the facts on all these cases..?? I think there are a few on here who knew most of these guys, and even they might be hard pressed to say they were all unfairly let go...I am not disputing what you say, just that it is a bit presumptuous..Con-way doesn't let people go just for kicks...

I would not be so presumptuous as to say all those let go were undeserved.

I was not present or a witness to these terminations...so all I have to go on is what I have read here and what I have heard 'on the street' so to speak.

Having read many of the posts here about "Marty' it so somewhat evident he maintained some sort of militaristic control wherever he went.

Common sense dictates a practical approach...his reputation at XCW was pathetic...to say the least. I have heard from many drivers of the '(⊙▃⊙)fied' mentality of things when he was there.

It would also be presumptuous to suggest that all the terminations were justified...knowing what we know...it just stands to reason.

"Marty" is not alone in his genre...there are way too many SCMs that have the 'We vs. Them' mentality...I can think of one who came from XNW that has a reputation on par with 'Marty".

We are all here to do one thing...haul freight...its not rocket science.

Whats with all the 'confrontational' BS?

Rat

I would not be so presumptuous as to say all those let go were undeserved.

I was not present or a witness to these terminations...so all I have to go on is what I have read here and what I have heard 'on the street' so to speak.

Having read many of the posts here about "Marty' it so somewhat evident he maintained some sort of militaristic control wherever he went.

Common sense dictates a practical approach...his reputation at XCW was pathetic...to say the least. I have heard from many drivers of the '(⊙▃⊙)fied' mentality of things when he was there.

It would also be presumptuous to suggest that all the terminations were justified...knowing what we know...it just stands to reason.

"Marty" is not alone in his genre...there are way too many SCMs that have the 'We vs. Them' mentality...I can think of one who came from XNW that has a reputation on par with 'Marty".

We are all here to do one thing...haul freight...its not rocket science.

Whats with all the 'confrontational' BS?

Rat

We have many who aren't that way, either...we have many outstanding drivers, and we have some that aren't outstanding...I wasn't being confrontational, just throwing a thought out there...I just know the process involved with termination, and I know that the company doesn't take it lightly and investigates it thoroughly...
I can't walk in today, decide I don't like someone and bounce them..Most likely I would be the one to get bounced..

Big Babies!!!!

:Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On:

Rat

As a long term employee here...it amazes me how people can think they can come to work and not be responsible for what they do or screw up. We finally get a SCM in here that holds people accountable for their actions and then he gets pushed out??!!! All because of a bunch of babies. You get an LOI...you deserved it..suck it up and move on. Learn from it. This place was a hole up until 2 years ago and now it is finally shaping up...people were finally getting the boot if they couldn't perform and now...it will go right back to the same old crap! I have already had complaints from customers staing the phones don't get answered...they get passed around...freight is late...and in one fricken week! I have seen too many SCM's through here and they all were pansies except for Marty. He got rid of the lazy people and started to get decent people in here. Now we can sit back and watch it go down the ::shit:: hole again. Priceless. I hear the ex OFM is wanting back in...just what we want....a pansie that has no balls to make people do anything. I love it!!! We have bunch of whinning FOS's that want to point fingers because they won't own up to anything that went bad. You say he slaughtered peoples lives? Whatever! He got rid of the lazy crap and still had many more too go. XCW had the best year ever when Marty was up there....he cleaned that up and was sent here at LDA to clean thi hole up....and was well on his way until the babies with slapped hands started to cry again. Amazing. Want to get fired? Start holding people accountable. If this is how it will continue...I am getting out. Tired of working with people who can't handle a little authority. You feel your job is in jepordy? You should....if you are not able to do it right and get told of it. We all should fear the day we are booted out because no one is safe. Do your flippin job and you should be fine. Now lets see how long the new Assistant manager can stay above water....Ha!!!!...not long I am sure...I can't wait to see this place go backwards. Suck it up people!!!!!!

XCW had a good year when Marty was there...place was cleaned up....trash (people) were moved out..the place performed better then it ever had. It had a excellent audit that was noted by upper management at Con-way.....unlike years past of very poor scores. People need to suck it up....the ones that cry are the ones that get in trouble for not doing their jobs. Wha!!!!! Do your job....you don't get in trouble... Wow...what a concept!

i can tell you this from a personal run in with marty. he took a comment i said to him about being screwed over because of some side deals made with other management. ( that was true by the way) to make it a point to tell everyone all the way up to president at the time that i was not a company man. and should not be working there. now i survived because others liked me and i did not work for marty. but he tried to destroy me based on one conversation that was the truth. I guess it really affended him cause he benefited from all those side deals that was not based on performance.

i later seen marty a year later in ann arbor and he tried to act like it was just normal business.

and from five years in management i can tell you if a terminal manager wants a driver gone he is gone. you only get a review with accidents. main office will completely except managers story. and all those loi's they give out for little things. that just says you have a history so they can get rid of you if they want to. loi's dont get you fired. they dont even keep you from getting promoted. they just are there in case they are needed to show a history of you being a bad employee.

one driver at a terminal i was at only had two loi's in his file, but he wrote some bad comments about the regional manager on a form he turned in. next week they found a way to get rid of him.

Bryan C back? Here?? Oh yes..please...bring him back so he cab be everyones friend and not their boss. He was worthless. Never made anyone do their job....no wonder you all want him back. As for the Performance Enhancement Team ...they were sent here per Marty's request because you can't run a company inthe daytime and babysit at night too. Wake up.... Why was it when Marty was here on the FAC to stand watch that the FAC would close on time.....but then the very next night close late and screw the rest of the company because freight was arriving late. Explain please???? Hmmmm.... oh yes...someone was making you do your job. I almost forgot.

I wonder if you're Marty himself or a good ol' buddy of his? Never posted here before and then only to post about Marty.

XCW had a good year when Marty was there...place was cleaned up....trash (people) were moved out..the place performed better then it ever had. It had a excellent audit that was noted by upper management at Con-way.....unlike years past of very poor scores. People need to suck it up....the ones that cry are the ones that get in trouble for not doing their jobs. Wha!!!!! Do your job....you don't get in trouble... Wow...what a concept!

allgrins

you seem to not know much about how things run, when the manager is there they do things they will not let a fos or om do when they run things, let a fos be out and the terminal manager do it and he will make people do things he tells the fos he cant. he will make other fos give more drivers to help
him do it the way he wants. he will break rules to get it done, and yell at fos next night for doing same thing.
terminal manager can hold freight, overload trailers. make drivers stay and help, but tell fos next night need to get early drivers gone.

you see the last thing a terminal manager wants is for it not to work when he is running it, he will do whatever it takes but expect fos and om to do it with hands tied.

not just talking about marty here, happens with a lot of managers.

Bryan C back? Here?? Oh yes..please...bring him back so he cab be everyones friend and not their boss. He was worthless. Never made anyone do their job....no wonder you all want him back. As for the Performance Enhancement Team ...they were sent here per Marty's request because you can't run a company inthe daytime and babysit at night too. Wake up.... Why was it when Marty was here on the FAC to stand watch that the FAC would close on time.....but then the very next night close late and screw the rest of the company because freight was arriving late. Explain please???? Hmmmm.... oh yes...someone was making you do your job. I almost forgot.

This guys right. All Marty did was make people work and follow the rules. But, you got to admit, the place is kinda of a :shit:hole right now with the way Marty was running it. And now who is in charge. Ron is in OK and we got the new ASCM...I don't even know his name. LOL

It's only been a few days and everybody is already doing what they want to do. Nobody's in charge. Sure everybody is happy, but wait until you get a new SCM, there will always be some unhappy people..:TR10driving03: