XPO | Marty minute

whatever....been reading the boards for a while now...just never felt the need to vent. Always got a chuckle out of the BS that floats around on this ....I have better things to do then to get on here and whine about it. BUT...after seeing what has flashed by the last few days just pushed a button. Think what you want...I am not marty. Was he perfect? No...no one is. But the only ones that do get on here are those that don't have the balls to vent straight to the face of the one accused of being the beast. Man up and get out from in front of your computers and start voicing your opinions. I am sure those that complained all have issues in their files....if you do what you need to do..you don't get in trouble. Do I have a few things in my file? Yes I do...and I deserved them. Doesn't mean I am going to be a whinner and complain he was a bully. Taken it..learn from it and get your head out your a** and do your job right. Oh...by the way...I am not a freind of his...but I did respect him and anyone else deserving. We have a lot of good managers in this company and a lot of crappy ones too. Things ran better with this company back in the Palazzo and Miller days.....now....the company in going down fast. Lets scratch each others backs and praise the crap out them even when they DON'T do their jobs...just to keep them happy..... Please....that is exactly how this company is going. Mark my word...LDA will be right back where it was a few years back and we will all be the ones showing we did it. I will congrats you all early.

I am confused....you say it is a ::shit:: hole the way marty was running it? This place is a heck of a lot more clean...organized...and functional then ever. Years past, this place was a hole! People feel this place is ::shit:: hole now because they couldn't accept the way they were pushed to do their jobs. One...you shouldn't have to be pushed to do your job. Two....people got use to doing their own thing and getting away with it....then someone comes in to get things under control and people get pissed because they no longer get to do what they want. Typical.

whatever....been reading the boards for a while now...just never felt the need to vent. Always got a chuckle out of the BS that floats around on this ....I have better things to do then to get on here and whine about it. BUT...after seeing what has flashed by the last few days just pushed a button. Think what you want...I am not marty. Was he perfect? No...no one is. But the only ones that do get on here are those that don't have the balls to vent straight to the face of the one accused of being the beast. Man up and get out from in front of your computers and start voicing your opinions. I am sure those that complained all have issues in their files....if you do what you need to do..you don't get in trouble. Do I have a few things in my file? Yes I do...and I deserved them. Doesn't mean I am going to be a whinner and complain he was a bully. Taken it..learn from it and get your head out your a** and do your job right. Oh...by the way...I am not a freind of his...but I did respect him and anyone else deserving. We have a lot of good managers in this company and a lot of crappy ones too. Things ran better with this company back in the Palazzo and Miller days.....now....the company in going down fast. Lets scratch each others backs and praise the crap out them even when they DON'T do their jobs...just to keep them happy..... Please....that is exactly how this company is going. Mark my word...LDA will be right back where it was a few years back and we will all be the ones showing we did it. I will congrats you all early.
Marty never got anything together. Place ran like ::shit::. turnover was bad in csr's and Fos's. I'll agree, we got whiners and loafers. But they'll always be here as long as they can complain to the Crystal palace and then they kiss their azz. We need the AGGIE back...atleast he was fun to work with lol

I am confused....you say it is a ::shit:: hole the way marty was running it? This place is a heck of a lot more clean...organized...and functional then ever.

What, have you been off work for the past two years or what?? Maybe you've been laying in the hopital in a coma for the last two years.:nutkick:

Nice try sweatheart.......but no prize for you. Just a worker here. I come...do my thing and leave. I don't listen to what the babies cry about...I only take in what I myself see. Gossip flies an builds as it goes from one mouth to the other. If you go on the docks and listen to everyone....you are just as guilty. It's like working with a bunch of women....Boys need to take off the skirts and be accountable for themselves and stop listening to the crap flying. Nobody here knows what goes on behind closed doors. If you only knew some of the things that people have done and had ben fired for...you would be amazed they weren't let go sooner. The guilty very rarely tell the truth of their own faults.

whatever....comments from upper mangement came in from visits here...they made comments how more organized the place was and that the numbers were up from before. Turnover was high because people needed replacing. You ll think about the turnover being bad but never take in perspective those that have been promoted....from here...XCW....and elsewhere because of Marty. You may not be hearing it but I have been hearing more positive comments from the field than negative. More people saying they are places (promotions) only because of marty.... and they are shocked he is gone. Take it for what you want guys....you only hear what you want.

Gotta go! been fun... going to bed.... to be continued!

Well since this has calmed a bit, I did see Marty shape things up but in his monster wake he left much to be credited. He did chase good peeps out the door and he did fire quality drivers. One driver that comes to mind was Eugene H (XMR). It was a situation that grew out of a misconstrued perception of Marty's that Gene was screwing off (he was discussing freight) and The Reining Manager felt a need to excessively exert his authority allowing a simple situation to explode into a termination and the police being called. The driver then had to find refuge at a homeless shelter in the Coldwater area as Conway (Marty) did not afford him transportation home. Eugene's job was then re-instated with back pay and there is probably still pending litigation. There were also some supervisors that left on their own accord that I held a high opinion of.

Marty's rep was not one that earned respect but that of a fear monger. He really threw is weight around......a lot.

I also find it hard to believe that a class 3 terminal like Coldwater could score a perfect audit. Was it possible that Marty's Guardian Thug at XGO gave a wink and a nod to the auditors for their consideration?

I can only speak about XCW, but can only imagine that He would take what He learned at XCW and perfect it.

Well since this has calmed a bit, I did see Marty shape things up but in his monster wake he left much to be credited. He did chase good peeps out the door and he did fire quality drivers. One driver that comes to mind was Eugene H (XMR). It was a situation that grew out of a misconstrued perception of Marty's that Gene was screwing off (he was discussing freight) and The Reining Manager felt a need to excessively exert his authority allowing a simple situation to explode into a termination and the police being called. The driver then had to find refuge at a homeless shelter in the Coldwater area as Conway (Marty) did not afford him transportation home. Eugene's job was then re-instated with back pay and there is probably still pending litigation. There were also some supervisors that left on their own accord that I held a high opinion of.

Marty's rep was not one that earned respect but that of a fear monger. He really threw is weight around......a lot.

I also find it hard to believe that a class 3 terminal like Coldwater could score a perfect audit. Was it possible that Marty's Guardian Thug at XGO gave a wink and a nod to the auditors for their consideration?

I can only speak about XCW, but can only imagine that He would take what He learned at XCW and perfect it.

No way to score a perfect audit...someone padding the books...to make him look good.

Integrity at its finest.

Rat

As long as everyone understands that a "perfect" audit is defined as one with no primary or secondary findings...nobody has ever achieved a "spotless" audit, there will always be items of discussion, but discussion items range from the very smallest, non-monetary risk type items...There have been many to get through with no primary or secondary findings over the years, and given the grading curves, they should celebrate when they do, because it is tough to achieve..the closest I ever got was one primary finding, about 7 years ago..I was angry about it, but it was my own fault..

if you have the choice of three carpets to sweep things under and you know which two the lone auditor who used to work with your wife will look under... which one would you choose? Empty the OS&D bay into a storage trailer and park it out on the fence. And... and... in the middle of the audit you miss the delivery window on a full trailer of appointment freight because everyone "assumes" the pencil-whipped equipment inventory is up to date and all those trailers over there must be empties.

Jerry D always said a perfect audit means someone didn't turn over enough rocks

hahahaha I remember that one well. That was Rick P I think. hahahahaha we all laughed for a month . Detter was absolutely hilarious telling about it. hahahahaha

if you have the choice of three carpets to sweep things under and you know which two the lone auditor who used to work with your wife will look under... which one would you choose? Empty the OS&D bay into a storage trailer and park it out on the fence. And... and... in the middle of the audit you miss the delivery window on a full trailer of appointment freight because everyone "assumes" the pencil-whipped equipment inventory is up to date and all those trailers over there must be empties.

Jerry D always said a perfect audit means someone didn't turn over enough rocks

Jerry was right....but auditing is a whole different game today than it was back then...way too many checks and balances now, and most of the stuff is found on you before they ever walk through the door..

Jerry was right....but auditing is a whole different game today than it was back then...way too many checks and balances now, and most of the stuff is found on you before they ever walk through the door..

Audits ... some are legit some are not ... Just a couple of years ago we had an audit and one of the auditors was a gal named Miriam. If your SCM wanted a real good score someone had to do Miriam. You got comp days for it. This was basically hogging doing Miriam but we had an FOS on staff that done her before so he volunteered. And we got a real good score.