XPO | Marty minute

Well since this has calmed a bit, I did see Marty shape things up but in his monster wake he left much to be credited. He did chase good peeps out the door and he did fire quality drivers. One driver that comes to mind was Eugene H (XMR). It was a situation that grew out of a misconstrued perception of Marty's that Gene was screwing off (he was discussing freight) and The Reining Manager felt a need to excessively exert his authority allowing a simple situation to explode into a termination and the police being called. The driver then had to find refuge at a homeless shelter in the Coldwater area as Conway (Marty) did not afford him transportation home. Eugene's job was then re-instated with back pay and there is probably still pending litigation. There were also some supervisors that left on their own accord that I held a high opinion of.

Marty's rep was not one that earned respect but that of a fear monger. He really threw is weight around......a lot.

I also find it hard to believe that a class 3 terminal like Coldwater could score a perfect audit. Was it possible that Marty's Guardian Thug at XGO gave a wink and a nod to the auditors for their consideration?

I can only speak about XCW, but can only imagine that He would take what He learned at XCW and perfect it.

I remember this. There were petitions circulated around the region to get him his job back.

Jerry was right....but auditing is a whole different game today than it was back then...way too many checks and balances now, and most of the stuff is found on you before they ever walk through the door..

I remember auditors sitting outside the terminals and looking for back belt use, Abloy locks on trailers, seals on trailers and yard flow traffic.
Once they got a ding they were not happy campers walking in.
In fact, I loved it when a nearby terminal would give the next terminal a heads up. Panic set in and stuff started getting done the right way.
In the end....audits were awesome to be a part of and learn from.

Audits ... some are legit some are not ... Just a couple of years ago we had an audit and one of the auditors was a gal named Miriam. If your SCM wanted a real good score someone had to do Miriam. You got comp days for it. This was basically hogging doing Miriam but we had an FOS on staff that done her before so he volunteered. And we got a real good score.

Where is Miriam now?

I remember auditors sitting outside the terminals and looking for back belt use, Abloy locks on trailers, seals on trailers and yard flow traffic.
Once they got a ding they were not happy campers walking in.
In fact, I loved it when a nearby terminal would give the next terminal a heads up. Panic set in and stuff started getting done the right way.
In the end....audits were awesome to be a part of and learn from.

Where is Miriam now?

She used to work for the GAO as some higher up...now she is Joe Biden's administrative assistant.

:rofl2: :shock: :butt kiss: :gathering:

Rat

She used to work for the GAO as some higher up...now she is Joe Biden's administrative assistant.

:rofl2: :shock: :butt kiss: :gathering:

Rat
Gotcha! I though she became a greeter.
These guys are all laughing but....I don't see here under the desk.
:gathering:

:tongue0002:
Gotcha! I though she became a greeter.
These guys are all laughing but....I don't see here under the desk.
:gathering:

Due to an 'adjustment' by Photoshop!

This is Miriam with her hair cut short...

She actually continued this 'practice' until she was blue in the face....now you know where the choice of company colors 'came' into play...

:hide:

Rat

auditors do give a break, the rule is 3 audit failures and the terminal manager is fired. and some guys they dont want to fire so they will pass them next time around. not saying that happen here, just know it happens. also man in charge of those auditors is in main office

or was to here from others who he needs to get gone or keep. say over those free lunches at main office. pres says hows your lunch. oh i here you are going to so an so this week. i really like that guy think he is top notch. you going to put your job in jeapordy by giving him bad marks after that comment.

auditors do give a break, the rule is 3 audit failures and the terminal manager is fired. and some guys they dont want to fire so they will pass them next time around. not saying that happen here, just know it happens. also man in charge of those auditors is in main office

or was to here from others who he needs to get gone or keep. say over those free lunches at main office. pres says hows your lunch. oh i here you are going to so an so this week. i really like that guy think he is top notch. you going to put your job in jeapordy by giving him bad marks after that comment.

Incredible....when did they pass that rule..??? Because if that is a rule, there would be no SCMs...and you have some great insight..were you an auditor before..?? The only thing is the audit department is not at CGO, and the auditors only know their schedules a few weeks out so they can make travel arrangements...and auditors don't call ahead...they show up...and nobody tells them how to audit anyone, to give this guy a pass or be hard on this guy..a finding is a finding...

Incredible....when did they pass that rule..??? Because if that is a rule, there would be no SCMs...and you have some great insight..were you an auditor before..?? The only thing is the audit department is not at CGO, and the auditors only know their schedules a few weeks out so they can make travel arrangements...and auditors don't call ahead...they show up...and nobody tells them how to audit anyone, to give this guy a pass or be hard on this guy..a finding is a finding...

You know this does not happen?

the auditors are not at main office but their boss is or was stationed there before. he would go out with them on audits. and he can tell them what to do at each terminal. to take it light or go get them. based on what he hears from other people at main office.

i have been in six different positions at conway. so i do hear things and see things that others may not.

anyways ive said to much. conway will be trying to find me out now. this message was just a figment of my imagination it did not happen, i was sleep walking at the time, medical condition. im exempt under descrimination laws.

an auditor is like an fos. and he has a boss just like the fos has a terminal manager.

that fos may not know something till that day, but if manager tells fos to do this he has to do it.

and no one has to come right out and say anything just let people know in a way how something needs to go for the boss to be happy.

no one would come right out and say make sure he passes.

like i said before if your boss says i really like this guy he is good for the company, what is he telling you,
leave him alone or you will deal with me.

i was kidnapped today and they made me write this against my will. i was not here at the this time, really check my logs. this is not the views of conway and they only do what is best for all employees all the time, we all know that. ok just give me an loi.

an auditor is like an fos. and he has a boss just like the fos has a terminal manager.

that fos may not know something till that day, but if manager tells fos to do this he has to do it.

and no one has to come right out and say anything just let people know in a way how something needs to go for the boss to be happy.

no one would come right out and say make sure he passes.

like i said before if your boss says i really like this guy he is good for the company, what is he telling you,
leave him alone or you will deal with me.

i was kidnapped today and they made me write this against my will. i was not here at the this time, really check my logs. this is not the views of conway and they only do what is best for all employees all the time, we all know that. ok just give me an loi.

Or perhaps just a terminal's or SCM's reputation could sway how an auditor approaches his/her audit.

And who wants to be the auditor that nails the Big Mean Prez's golden boy?

The list goes on how human auditors can be influenced. They are not Elliot Ness nor are they robots.

Why yes I do....and how are you..??

I am impressed that you know what is said behind closed doors. I hope you use those psychotic....er, psychic powers responsibly.

I am well, thank you for asking.

How are you and your's?

I am impressed that you know what is said behind closed doors. I hope you use those psychotic....er, psychic powers responsibly.

I am well, thank you for asking.

How are you and your's?

Interesting times these days...kids are branching out, and the wife and I are looking at each other going "now what?" You can only spend so much time in the pool...

i need to clarify something I said, the 3 audit failures is 3 in a row. not three over your time with company.

thought about how some would say not true for terminal managers been with company 20 years. of course he would have 3 failures but maybe not 3 in a row.

so if they keep you out of the failures in a row it keeps you safe.