XPO | Marty minute

Marty is alive and well (in spirit anyway) throughout this company.

My TM is an arrogant self righteous person with absolutely no people skills. His only claim to fame as being a manager is the enforcement of the (⊙▃⊙)fied rules and policies that this company is more than happy to throw in your face on a daily basis.

Today he issued seven letters to people for not writing legibly on the load manifests...were not talking about complete and indistinguishible handwriting...just not picture perfect to the point of Con-Way perfection.

This is the same TM who a day earlier asked for input on how to make things better as he got (and other TMs like him who got such bad reviews) his head handed to him in the surveys. How stupid can one person be?...it boggles the mind to think these people are that arrogant and ignorant.

Four were issued to the same person. A fifteen year employee whom I am sure has been doing the same thing the same way (as far as handwriting goes) for years. So now this persons actions and work habits are suddenly unacceptable?

So this bears the question...where the hell did the spirit of comraderie and team work dissappear to at Con-Way?...

After having given this much thought there is only one logical answer...

Con-Way (and other companies like them) have intentionally went to great lengths to remove the 'human' element from their organizations. We are no longer the 'people of Con-Way' we are just little tin soldiers to be played with and quickly discarded as soon as meets John L.'s agenda. For those of us in the Central region it began with the removal of the 'Service Excellence" patches we formerly carrried on our white uniforms. They have done everything in their power to remove any individuality or individual recognition. Fatbeard couldn't wait to get rid of the CCX whites and replace them with the assinine Pepsi-Cola...kitchen curtain uniforms we now have.

And at the same time removing forever the unique recognition each member of the CCX team possessed.

And it continues to this day...the individual is to be passed and forgotten. Long live the Con-Way manifesto where the person is to be sacrificed for the common good!!!...sound familiar?

Think I am wrong?

Just look around you and see the mass dissatisfaction that abounds in this company.
And its just not in the newer people but it runs rampant in theose with long whiskers...most people are here just because there is nothing currently available.

Since Nov 08 this company destroyed and displaced the lives of hundreds...many unnecessarily...they have screwed the retirees to the point of embarrassment...stolen a year of vacation...stolen the pension accrual...eco-termed many people with decades of service...and now want us to voluntarily participate in some health survey that is aimed at nothing more than an eventual reduction...elimination...or increase in our health care premiums.

All the while getting their stock options...company cars...relocation expenses and real estate buyouts...and all the other 'good ole boys' perks that come with p!issing on the little guys!

So you may say...if you don't like then leave. I am here to tell you that will happen...just haven't found the right circumstance that meets my needs.

The spirit of Marty lives on...It starts and the desk of our conniving president and works it way upward...

Rat

As a 24 year well groomed well seasoned veteran,who has watch the promise of a solid retirement,ICP payouts and all other benefits slowly disappear....Mr Rat I could not agree with you more.

As a 24 year well groomed well seasoned veteran,who has watched the promise of a solid retirement,ICP payouts and all other benefits. You metioned, slowly disappear....Mr Rat... I could not agree with you more. Well said

As a 24 year well groomed well seasoned veteran,who has watched the promise of a solid retirement,ICP payouts and all other benefits. You metioned, slowly disappear....Mr Rat... I could not agree with you more. Well said

As a 24 year well groomed well seasoned veteran,who has watch the promise of a solid retirement,ICP payouts and all other benefits slowly disappear....Mr Rat I could not agree with you more.

Could you say it one more time please..

Marty is alive and well (in spirit anyway) throughout this company.

My TM is an arrogant self righteous person with absolutely no people skills. His only claim to fame as being a manager is the enforcement of the (⊙▃⊙)fied rules and policies that this company is more than happy to throw in your face on a daily basis.

Today he issued seven letters to people for not writing legibly on the load manifests...were not talking about complete and indistinguishible handwriting...just not picture perfect to the point of Con-Way perfection.

This is the same TM who a day earlier asked for input on how to make things better as he got (and other TMs like him who got such bad reviews) his head handed to him in the surveys. How stupid can one person be?...it boggles the mind to think these people are that arrogant and ignorant.

Four were issued to the same person. A fifteen year employee whom I am sure has been doing the same thing the same way (as far as handwriting goes) for years. So now this persons actions and work habits are suddenly unacceptable?

So this bears the question...where the hell did the spirit of comraderie and team work dissappear to at Con-Way?...

After having given this much thought there is only one logical answer...

Con-Way (and other companies like them) have intentionally went to great lengths to remove the 'human' element from their organizations. We are no longer the 'people of Con-Way' we are just little tin soldiers to be played with and quickly discarded as soon as meets John L.'s agenda. For those of us in the Central region it began with the removal of the 'Service Excellence" patches we formerly carrried on our white uniforms. They have done everything in their power to remove any individuality or individual recognition. Fatbeard couldn't wait to get rid of the CCX whites and replace them with the assinine Pepsi-Cola...kitchen curtain uniforms we now have.

And at the same time removing forever the unique recognition each member of the CCX team possessed.

And it continues to this day...the individual is to be passed and forgotten. Long live the Con-Way manifesto where the person is to be sacrificed for the common good!!!...sound familiar?

Think I am wrong?

Just look around you and see the mass dissatisfaction that abounds in this company.
And its just not in the newer people but it runs rampant in theose with long whiskers...most people are here just because there is nothing currently available.

Since Nov 08 this company destroyed and displaced the lives of hundreds...many unnecessarily...they have screwed the retirees to the point of embarrassment...stolen a year of vacation...stolen the pension accrual...eco-termed many people with decades of service...and now want us to voluntarily participate in some health survey that is aimed at nothing more than an eventual reduction...elimination...or increase in our health care premiums.

All the while getting their stock options...company cars...relocation expenses and real estate buyouts...and all the other 'good ole boys' perks that come with p!issing on the little guys!

So you may say...if you don't like then leave. I am here to tell you that will happen...just haven't found the right circumstance that meets my needs.

The spirit of Marty lives on...It starts and the desk of our conniving president and works it way upward...

Rat

But Rat!
Our prez cares and there will be positive and wholesome changes.......

Wow and to say i felt pretty good about my job until I read this rant. I would have to agree about the A-Holes in the white shirts. I see this one everyday (not going to name any names) but this jerk face walks around like his "S" does not stink. Then gets in your face if it is not done his way which is not the right way. He was just recently promoted from office ***** to FOS and thinks that he knows it all.

We are no longer the 'people of Con-Way' we are just little tin soldiers to be played with and quickly discarded…

…rid of the CCX whites and replace them with the assinine Pepsi-Cola...kitchen curtain uniforms we now have.

...they have screwed the retirees to the point of embarrassment...stolen a year of vacation...stolen the pension accrual...eco-termed many people with decades of service...and now want us to voluntarily participate in some health survey that is aimed at nothing more than an eventual reduction...elimination...or increase in our health care premiums.

Hey, at least we do not have to listen to Dave M or wear backbelts anymore!

Ha!!! Now thats funny! This company is worse then ever! Company ran great when Miller was here. Profits were up....people did what they should do when they go to work....which is work. Now...we have a prez that wants everyone to be patted on the back...even if they can't do their jobs just so we all stay happy. It's great! Come to work...whine a little...get a cook out....whine some more....get a souvenior cup. BS! People must be getting written up for a reason.....about damn time! Do what you are expected to do...stay under the radar and you shold be okay....right? This company is going down.....fast. get the black and white people out that make people do as they should for a paycheck.....and put in the "feelgoods"....going to the craper!

Marty?......not. I am still here at LDA and I can tell you everything that goes on here if need be. If nobody else has the balls to come out and say who they really are....they I can hide behind a computer too!.....just like you! Lets start off by saying....the new SCM looks like a Bum! I would be embarrassed to even introduce him to any customer. We have a new OFM that was intended to take someone elses place here when their butt was kicked out and now is the OFM???? WTF? He has no experience at at all in office people....he belongs on the dock where he has the experience..... I feel bad because he will suffer in the end. Nice guy....wrong spot. You have a Assistant manager that is only interested in banging the next sales person that walks through the door..... Your so called great SCM is nothing but an "I" person. All about him and what he does and has done. No "I" in team. Hell....there are bubbling issues where he came from coming to the surface now. I am sure that will make others higher up wonder "WTF" too when it is all said and done. Shall I continue ladies? I haven't been on in a while only because I do have better things to do but gossip. I guess every now and then I need to vent...especially after listening to a bunch of *****s all week. Adios! bed time....zzzzz

Couldn't resist.......one, I doubt your source is correct....I spoke to him the other day and never mentioned your FedEx rumor to him......that is one place he didn't go to. However....I have had too many calls in from customers asking if I had his personal number because they wanted him....they loved him. He took care of their needs. Now just in this week...I have had two companies ask who the hell is running this place now! Call it what you want! Not that I knew him or was there at the same time....I worked for American Freight many years ago...he wasn't fired....he left to come to CNWY....American was long gone after that. Writing was on the wall. Duh! Okay...now seriously...I have got to get some rest.....catching up with you all is exhausting!!!

Seriously

OK so another driver told me about this site and I thought I couldn't resist. First off let me bid adue to AllGrins I mean Marty. Seriously, you treated me like crap the whole 3 years I have been here. If you think you are hiding with some stupid username the only person you are fooling is yourself. Secondly, I don't really know any of the white shirts or FOM's, ASCM or new SCM but the past couple weeks ahve been the best I have seen in three years. Morale is up with the few drivers I associate with. Not real sure on all these past places that this talks about since this is the only facility I have ever worked at for Con-way, but sounds like you rode the good-ole-boy network right to the end of the track. Congratulations, you got what you deserved. As for the rest of you, let's keep this momentum going. Not sure on customers as I do not see alot of them, but I know now when I come in or have worked a long night that I am "ALL GRINS" as I am coming or going as for the first time in three years I finally feel appreciated. Who would have thought a person I saw so little could make my life so miserable. If you do find someone who will actually hire you let me know how that green grass tastes.

GO COWBOYS!!!!

Marty?......not. I am still here at LDA and I can tell you everything that goes on here if need be. If nobody else has the balls to come out and say who they really are....they I can hide behind a computer too!.....just like you! Lets start off by saying....the new SCM looks like a Bum! I would be embarrassed to even introduce him to any customer. We have a new OFM that was intended to take someone elses place here when their butt was kicked out and now is the OFM???? WTF? He has no experience at at all in office people....he belongs on the dock where he has the experience..... I feel bad because he will suffer in the end. Nice guy....wrong spot. You have a Assistant manager that is only interested in banging the next sales person that walks through the door..... Your so called great SCM is nothing but an "I" person. All about him and what he does and has done. No "I" in team. Hell....there are bubbling issues where he came from coming to the surface now. I am sure that will make others higher up wonder "WTF" too when it is all said and done. Shall I continue ladies? I haven't been on in a while only because I do have better things to do but gossip. I guess every now and then I need to vent...especially after listening to a bunch of *****s all week. Adios! bed time....zzzzz
Your spill is getting kind of old...your calling us names and starting rumors about the management. We at the service center have moved on and you should too....or atleast, get a life yourself..

AllGrins states "he's had cms call in wanting Marty's phone number".... what management is left after Marty ran them off?

Narrows it down.

Couldn't resist.......one, I doubt your source is correct....I spoke to him the other day and never mentioned your FedEx rumor to him......that is one place he didn't go to. However....I have had too many calls in from customers asking if I had his personal number because they wanted him....they loved him. He took care of their needs. Now just in this week...I have had two companies ask who the hell is running this place now! Call it what you want! Not that I knew him or was there at the same time....I worked for American Freight many years ago...he wasn't fired....he left to come to CNWY....American was long gone after that. Writing was on the wall. Duh! Okay...now seriously...I have got to get some rest.....catching up with you all is exhausting!!!
It was not FED EX it was A.F at the time and he told me when he worked on the dock at XGH. he was canned from the Green Bay Wi service center because the drivers were complaining to higher about him. This story was also told to me by a supervisor who worked at with him at A.F. and came over to work at XMD.