SAIA | Mass Exodus

i guess that's the reason they fired the one in gvl for wrecking his company car while out drinking.
Well, every company has their share of people that use poor judgment. I guess that rep. falls in the 1% category that have issues in company vehicles. Placing DriveCam in sales vehicles must not be cost effective. Don't know. Don't care. I'm a truck driver and it's not my job to make those decisions.

Our TM has been observed more than once driving his company car with a cellphone to his ear. Bunch of drivers called into HR about it.

I have seen NOL regional safety guy cruising the yard @ 3am with smart phone stuck to his head....looking for a truck that was supposedly
involved in an accident....

Our TM has been observed more than once driving his company car with a cellphone to his ear. Bunch of drivers called into HR about it.
I seen one of the very top 4 people in the company leave our parking lot with his phone up to his head after a quarterly meeting. I got behind him in my pickup he seen me and pulled over lol

Hell. Why not put body cameras on city and linehaul drivers and see what they do outside the truck while at POD and terminals....especially dark terminals.

So I was accused of talking on a cell phone because there was an audible conversation going on in my cab.. the funny thing was I was listening to a podcast, and my phone wasnt in my hands, and i didn't have a bluetooth in my ear or anything like that. Anyways, if I'm going to have to put up with baseless accusations of something that may get me suspended or cost me my job, screw this place. Not to mention the "following distance" writeups I've been getting for driving on I-294 at 830am, it's absolutely impossible to have the "correct" following distance in rush hour. I used to LITERALLY never get written up with the old system, now I get written up 3x per week. They can find somebody willing to put up with this BS.
Not to mention that it's against the federal law to record anything you do audibly in the cab of your truck without your knowledge.Wiretapping

You are an owner operator Buck so you have the right to set your own policies. Don't concern yourself with a company you don't own. You don't even work here anymore ... Why do you even care? Are you a hero? Are you the voice for those that are being treated so unfairly? Like I said before if they don't like it they can leave. Their company, their policy. And BTW I have never seen a rep. on a cell phone while driving. They pull over before they respond.

OMG THIS DUDE NEED HELP. HEY DRIVERS THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR ALL OF THIS. AND ITS CALL THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS. THE UNION WOULD LOVE TO FIX THESE ISSUES WE ALL HAVE WITH THESE IDOTS THAT ARE DESTORYING THIS COMPANY...

Any driver that hasn't seen a member of management or sales on the phone while driving must be:

1. Blind. Or
2. Have head buried in sand or too close to the ass while kissing it to see.

I honestly only care for drivers in general. Saw too much BS while I was employed with Saia to turn a blind eye. I have this uncanny ability to detect BS when I see it. And I'm not afraid to question those that make a living spewing BS. Examples are: drivers are expendable, linehaul is paid too much, blah blah blah.

Crap like that comes from those who are oblivious to the reality that Saia is a TRUCKING company. That's the o my way they generate revenue. Instead of belittling and denigrating drivers, maybe they should be treated with respect. Seems to me that is the department that Saia is lacking...respect for drivers.

Train...this pied piper Crusade of blindness is getting a little old. Open your eyes. Please

It's not illegal to be on a cell phone in a company car first off Buck. Second, the sales team doesn't have the kind of responsibility of a tractor trailer driver. Third. and most important is a sales rep. does generate revenue and must have the flexibility to get the job done and sometimes that requires them to be on the phone. Most have Bluetooth in their cars but from time to time you may see one on the phone but as a whole the numbers doesn't justify putting DriveCam in because the accident rate is less than 1% ..... And their job revolves around customer service and being available to the customer when they call is paramount. You have no idea what sales are told in regards to cell phone usage. Stick to what you know Buck and leave the running of a major trucking company to the big boys. It's a little too much for a young lady like yourself. That's why they never put your sorry ass in management. God knows, you ask enough. Boo Hoo :crybaby:
You can't have both ways, if it's against policy then apply the rules evenly. Just because they generate revenue doesn't make them exempt. Unsafe is unsafe no matter is you are in a truck, car, or airplane.

It's not illegal to be on a cell phone in a company car first off Buck. Second, the sales team doesn't have the kind of responsibility of a tractor trailer driver. Third. and most important is a sales rep. does generate revenue and must have the flexibility to get the job done and sometimes that requires them to be on the phone. Most have Bluetooth in their cars but from time to time you may see one on the phone but as a whole the numbers doesn't justify putting DriveCam in because the accident rate is less than 1% ..... And their job revolves around customer service and being available to the customer when they call is paramount. You have no idea what sales are told in regards to cell phone usage. Stick to what you know Buck and leave the running of a major trucking company to the Big Boys. It's a little too much for a young lady like yourself. That's why they never put your sorry ass in management. God knows, you ask enough. Boo Hoo :crybaby:
Wow What a sexist you are and I still think your in management