FedEx Freight | Mass Layoffs

tundra2000

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got some inside info that FDXNL is preparing to cut "layoff" a substantial chunk of their workforce. I don't know exactly when but sometime in the near future. Labor, overhead, and purchase costs are not being offset by the amount of freight that is being moved through the system. I hope it all goes well for you guys.

i have heard of know lay-offs, as of right now freight is holding up pretty good,so i dont know where he gets his info at but he needs to get a better resource.........

i work out of orlando

we are up to our necks in freight are being asked to work an extra run after our bid fed ex natioal is hiring road drivers in kansas city salt lake city cininati shamrock tx denver and harrisberg pa the reson there hiring in all these location is because they have more freight then drivers to move it

I just got some inside info that FDXNL is preparing to cut "layoff" a substantial chunk of their workforce. I don't know exactly when but sometime in the near future. Labor, overhead, and purchase costs are not being offset by the amount of freight that is being moved through the system. I hope it all goes well for you guys.

You'd better be carerful about spreading so-called "inside info" on a public internet forum. You could be sued by FedEx. Especially with the way their stock price is going. :hysterical:

Our TM told us that FedEx is consolidating national management divisions from 4 down to 3. As far I as I know, no layoffs were a result of this realiagnment.

You'd better be carerful about spreading so-called "inside info" on a public internet forum. You could be sued by FedEx. Especially with the way their stock price is going. :hysterical:

Our TM told us that FedEx is consolidating national management divisions from 4 down to 3. As far I as I know, no layoffs were a result of this realiagnment.
From FedEx.com this is the realignment you were discussing - it was announced a few days ago.

Reporting Changes

In order to better coordinate and leverage strategies and resources, FedEx Kinkos has been realigned to report to FedEx Services, which has overall responsibility for sales, marketing and customer-facing information technology. Under FedEx Services, FedEx Kinkos will benefit from the full range of resources and expertise of FedEx Services to continue to enhance the customer experience. The company will pursue synergies in sales, marketing, information technology and administrative areas to improve the ability of FedEx to bundle transportation and business services and drive additional revenue through the FedEx Kinko's retail network.

With this realignment, the FedEx Corp. reportable segments have been revised to include the three existing transportation segments and a new FedEx Services segment. The new segment includes FedEx Services, FedEx Kinkos, FedEx Global Supply Chain Services and FedEx Customer Information Services. The net operating costs of the FedEx Services segment are allocated to the transportation segments they support.

Rob

concerned

Cant say anymore, if you are a driver, I think you are o.k

I am not a driver. From what you know, are they cutting back management more (front line management, that is)? I know in the terminal I am at, we have had mass changes the past 2 months with sups and om's leaving.

Thanks,

I am not a driver. From what you know, are they cutting back management more (front line management, that is)?

God, I can only hope. Most of these red-shirts are worthless...absolutely worthless. I feel sorry for the few good ones we've got. They're outgunned at every move by the idiot brigade.

Tundra, as of this morning, you have been redeemed! I am now an ex FXNL employee!!Yep this "redshirt" has been put out to pasture :1036316054: . I am sorry, I meant I am a byproduct of, "let me clear my throat," reengineering. Dont fret, I was laid of at 10:50 am est, and offered a job behind the wheel of a competitor of FXNL at 13:45 est. How do I already have another job?
1. Lots of prayer!!!
2. A close friend of mine of mine is a TM of
another LTL company, my application was
screened a few weeks back.
3. I have had a CDL since 1993, and drive
on weekends to have time behind the
wheel in the event of "reengineering."

To the remaining FXNL employees, be warned, you are next! Dont believe me, just ask anyone in the know. Daily bill count has fallen from the 11,000 - 12,000 bills daily to 4800- 5300. Wow, suddenly I dont feel so good, must have drank spoiled purple kool-aid! :biglaugh:

Daily bill count has fallen from the 11,000 - 12,000 bills daily to 4800- 5300.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: too much competition in long-haul LTL freight from other transportation modes. Was at a dock today and saw US Xpress back in and pick up a small skid with 5 cartons going to California.

FedEx made a mistake because they thought the customer would value 99% on-time in 3-5 day lanes. Survery says....NOPE! Customer wants ROCK BOTTOM pricing. They don't care if the freight gets there in 4,5, or 6 days if someone in a large-car is gonna haul it for next to nothing.

Then you've got 3PL's who consolidate loads from various shippers and build full truckloads. With all the excess capacity and idle equipment out there, it's alot easier to do then it was say, a year or two ago.

FedEx got greedy and tried to corner the LTL market. What happened was that the shiny wheels and parcel carriers stole all their long-haul freight. :hysterical: :hysterical: